OFFICIAL 2018 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Who is going to win the Big Ten this season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Chip to UF seems to be a done deal. I'll be interested in seeing who fills out the staff.

Sonny Corinthos Sonny Corinthos what do you think of Kelly at the helm?

UT would be dumb to give Gruden a look over a guy like Mullen. Though like anything, that could turn out to be an idiotic statement.

IMG_0157.jpg
Hmmmm

Texas A&M prepared to pursue Jimbo Fisher

USA Today

Texas A&M is expected to inquire about the interest level of Florida State coach Jimbo Fisher once its separation from current coach Kevin Sumlin is official at the end of the season, according to two people familiar with the situation.

Though Fisher has never given serious consideration to leaving Florida State previously, rebuffing interest from LSU the last two years, one person close to Fisher pointed to his longstanding relationship with Texas A&M athletics director Scott Woodward and the current disappointing season at Florida State as reasons why Texas A&M’s pursuit might be more realistic.

Last week, when Fisher was asked about Florida State’s rivalry with Clemson, he added fuel to the fire with a comment that seemed to indicate he believes Clemson, with its new $55 million football facility, has surpassed Florida State in its financial commitment to winning national titles.

“I think their rise has come from their commitment to football,” Fisher said. “They’ve been committed but their administration has done a tremendous job of spending and doing and building. Not just building, but all the things behind the scenes.”

Asked what commitments he’d like to see from Florida State, Fisher responded: “Those things are a major, major deal. Unfortunately, in this business, when you get into the facilities business, you’re never out of it. You’re never out of development. Your company can never quit growing. Whether it’s that or behind the scenes things, support staff, all that can never happen. It can never go away. If it does, people fly by you like crazy. And there’s numerous examples across this country. If you don’t understand that, you’re missing the boat.”

Those comments were not well-received among FSU fans and administrators, particularly given the contract extension Fisher received last December and the multimillion-dollar facility upgrades the school has made under his watch.

Texas A&M has been on the cutting edge of the facility wars, opening a new $20 million operations complex in 2014 and a $485 million stadium renovation.

Chip's success/failure will be more dependent on defense. Gotta make the right hires. He can make that offense hum w/ 3 or 4* SE athletes. Simply being in Florida, at florida, with a non dog-**** offense will put him in legit running for 4*/5* kids.

They need to find a triggerman though.

So Chris Hawkins's dad just said on an insider board that Tee is 100% gone to Tennessee (barring convincing by Sam.) I'm guessing as OC? To extrapolate from that, I'm guessing the Gruden reaching out to alums report is true. Meaning Gruden is the HC.

@gunna get it stop playing coy!

So Chris Hawkins's dad just said on an insider board that Tee is 100% gone to Tennessee (barring convincing by Sam.) I'm guessing as OC? To extrapolate from that, I'm guessing the Gruden reaching out to alums report is true. Meaning Gruden is the HC.

Why would Tee leave USC to take the same position at a lesser school? More pay? Maybe he just wants to go home?

I'm sure y'all were sold on McElwain too, huh.'Bu, bu, but he was dominating at Colorado St!". You guys need to focus on winning out so you can hopefully go to the Trash Can Bowl in Birmingham.

Wrong again clown.

Why would Tee leave USC to take the same position at a lesser school? More pay? Maybe he just wants to go home?

Bigger profile HC, it'll be a splash hire and cool rejuvenation of his alma mater, so possibly greater chance at a NC unless Sam comes back, and he has to share playcalling duties with Tyson Helton and is irritated by it.

Also prob more pay as well. And he's not from Tennessee, he's from Alabama. His ex-partner and kids live in Knoxville, though.

Surprised I haven’t seen his name thrown around more. Is he no longer a hot commodity after this season at Minnesota?
I live in Minnesota and Fleck's name has come up several times already for supposed jobs by these bloggers.
None of it to me is real though for Fleck, I don't think big time schools will hire him away yet. What would worry me as a Minnesota fan though would be the one-notch down schools that might need to replace the guys who left for the big time jobs this offseason. Still, Fleck is a 36 year old making upwards of $4 mil a year at a Power 5 school that also just built a $170 million dollar facility . It often takes more than you think to get some of these guys out of the Big Ten (even with Minnesota having no football tradition at all :lol: :sick:).

I don't know who I want SC to hire as OC and DC after Tee and Clancy leave this year. I obviously don't want Tyson promoted (and I hope Lynn Swann won't allow that to happen) but I don't even know who would realistically be on the radar. Would someone like Kevin Sumlin ever take another college OC job or go straight to the pros? Is he even a good OC anymore?

Won't miss Tee as a play caller, but I am concerned about the impact this may have on recruiting.

Back
Top Bottom