OFFICIAL 2018 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Who is going to win the Big Ten this season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Pac12 and B1G ain't making it unless Wisky wins out.
ACC
Big12
SEC
SEC

Small chance but maybe UCF. Although I really don't see it

In re: UCF. Their schedule is absolutely atrocious. They played one P5 team (Maryland) all year lol.

In re: Ohio State, the committee has made it clear that they hold strength of record (who you've beaten) more than they do margin of victory or loss. So maybe Ohio State creeps in, but they'd have to win out and they'd need a lot of help for sure.

5699FD89-697E-4A79-9A27-7290F2AF4F49.jpeg
Slighty off topic, but y’all USC folks can appreciate it ... Bruh, da Gawd is in front of me at the game. Trying to see the missing tip of his pinky finger to verify. Y’all youngin’s may not who dis is.

Verified, tip of pinky gone. Dis him. The real Ronnie before Fieg

Last edited:
If your an up-incoming coordinator like a Moorhead, Manny Diaz, or Jeremy Pruitt, is UCF a better situation than any of the mid-tier P5 jobs that are going to open this cycle? The SEC schools like MSST, OM, and Arky are going to pay more, but you probably parlay the UCF situation into something big down the line.

I'm really surprsed Jeremy Pruitt hasn't gotten a big time head coaching job yet. He was Florida State's DC when they won the National Title, then he had a successful tour at UGA and now he's the DC at Bama. Maybe it's a personality thing?

Last edited:
I'm really surprsed Jeremy Pruitt hasn't gotten a big time head coaching job yet. He was Florida State's DC when he had a successful tour at UGA and now he's the DC at Bama. Maybe it's a personality thing?

Or he’s getting paid better than some CFB HCs and can be picky with the job he selects that’s right for him. Look Venebles at Clemson. He could have been gone a while ago himself. But to your point, don’t hear his name tossed around like one would think

I'm really surprsed Jeremy Pruitt hasn't gotten a big time head coaching job yet. He was Florida State's DC when he had a successful tour at UGA and now he's the DC at Bama. Maybe it's a personality thing?

Aren't there rumors that dude likes to party and got physical with Richt when he was at UGA?

Aren't there rumors that dude likes to party and got physical with Richt when he was at UGA?

One of the rumors I recall while he was at FSU is he liked the ladies/having side dishes and was given an ultimatum to leave or his old lady was leaving. Whether that’s true, I’m not too sure, but I’m sure someon will correct me if that wasn’t founded. First I heard about him getting physical with Richt though.

Pruitt rumors that I’ve seen:

1. Likes the ladies, specifically undergrads, and is regularly seen at local bars partying with kids
2. In re: #1, has a drinking problem
3. In re: #2, has an anger problem

Pruitt rumors that I’ve seen:

1. Likes the ladies, specifically undergrads, and is regularly seen at local bars partying with kids
2. In re: #1, has a drinking problem
3. In re: #2, has an anger problem

So he's a coach on 95% of the staffs in college.

Pruitt def left under the cover of night from FSU due to off field **** (while complaining the whole time), then got to UGA and complained, complained and complained & got into it w/ Richt. Nothing about him strikes me as a guy who is going to be a HC, but he will be filthy rich as a million dollar a year DC. Wouldn't be surprised to see him make the jump to the NFL at some point in the future.

Last edited:
I just realized why Tennessee took so long to fire Butch Jones:

They didn’t want to risk giving Brady Hoke a 5-6 game audition for the job where he may win out and force their hand :lol:

Ohio State got ******* washed by Iowa, any playoff talk for them (barring utter chaos the last 3 weeks of the season) should be moot.

Miami should be in the top 4. They an ND were playing two different games.

Was not surprised to see UGA catch that L.

Miss St. should have won, and Grantham blitzing in that predicament is not really a surprise. It's who he is. He is an emotional playcaller. He falls back on the blitz at all times.

ISU/Okie St might've been the best game of the weekend. Certainly had a top 3 catch in it.

Last edited:
Ohio State got ****ing washed by Iowa, any playoff talk for them (barring utter chaos the last 3 weeks of the season) should be moot.

Miami should be in the top 4. They an ND were playing two different games.

Was not surprised to see UGA catch that L.

Miss St. should have won, and Grantham blitzing in that predicament is not really a surprise. It's who he is. He is an emotional playcaller. He falls back on the blitz at all times.

ISU/Okie St might've been the best game of the weekend. Certainly had a top 3 catch in it.

Preach my brother.

And MSU was caught looking stupid after that Bama kicker missed the FG :smh:

I don't understand the Jon Gruden fascination. He hasn't coached in a decade and hasn't coached college in any form in over two decades. The game of football is much different than when he left all those years ago. Will he want to recruit 16 year olds? Will he talk to alumni, boosters, shake hands, etc? Does he still maintain connects to put a good staff together? People forget that he had two consecutive losing seasons after winning the Super Bowl (with a Tony Dungy created roster) and an overall below .500 record at Tampa before leaving in 2008.

This strikes me as an attempt catch a big name head coach and win the press conference moreso than a good Xs and Os move.

Back
Top Bottom