OFFICIAL 2010 DODGERS OFFSEASON THREAD : Mods, please lock. Thanks.

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

Trying to find the lady who I bought tickets from back in 09 in SD, but her e-mails are NOWHERE
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

the guy i bought em from has seats in 102, and sells em for face
eyes.gif

not too many people sell for face for dodger games

Definitely not bad, when I sat in the premier club that year, she charged me face, which was $45 for her.
See people in similar sections selling em for near the same, but in assorted game mini plans
frown.gif

[h3]
[/h3]

From the Dodgers -

Fans will have the opportunity to purchase a limited number of Opening Day tickets that will be available only at Dodger Stadium on February 26th. Dodger fans are invited to celebrate the start of the 2011 Season in parking Lot P and enjoy their first Dodger Dog of the year for just $2. The Dodgers' annual On Sale festivities will include music, trivia contests, plenty of Dodger merchandise and will be hosted by KABC TalkRadio's morning host Peter Tilden. Additionally, fans that purchase at least one ticket at Dodger Stadium at the event will receive a free fleece blanket.

Gates will open at 8 a.m. Fans will receive numbered wristbands and a starting lottery number will be randomly selected at 9 a.m. The fan with the selected number will have the first chance to purchase tickets followed by the remainder of fans that will be served in numerical sequence.

Season ticket options are also available with seats between the bases as low as $6 per person. Mini-Plan options include the new 25-game Pick 'Em plan - the easiest way to secure Opening Day and any of the Dodgers' 2011 promotional events you want.
[/url][/h3]
Always hated these raffles, never goes my way. It's not even worth showing up, but knowing me i'll be out there next weekend
indifferent.gif

Belisario says he'll be back in time for ST: http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/dodgers/2011/02/ronald-belisario-i-lost-my-passport.html

Originally Posted by In Yo Nostril

i need to finally make it to a game at petco this year.

great place to catch a game.  tons of places to eat and drink before you go into the stadium.  it's set up nice.  and Pads fans are kind of wussy.
laugh.gif
When I was there, I was cheering (being the semi-annoying drunk fan) and no one looked twice at me or said anything..

Opening Day 2009

Winfield....and a hot blonde in stripes that I never noticed until now..

Boomer.  Disappered from about the 2nd - 7th inning getting his drink on.

-J-

562 i got that email too
ohwell.gif

i guess its good to avoid re-sellers buying them online. now they gotta work a lil harder to get them.
ive never showed up to the ravine the day tickets go on sale, and not a fan of that lottery stuff. so i wont be there anyway. just keep checking ticketmaster occasionally and tickets will become available as opening day nears and all the season packs/plans dont sell out.

Yeah i'm gonna sit that !!%* out. When we would go back in High School it was always on a Friday, Saturday makes that about 8x worse IMO.

[h1]More fat news: Matt Kemp has dropped 15 pounds[/h1]

Craig Calcaterra

Feb 22, 2011, 10:32 AM EST

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/02/22/more-fat-news-matt-kemp-has-dropped-15-pounds/#comments/s1.wp.com/wp-content/themes/vip/nbcsports/img/uni/art_list_com.jpg);">http://s1.wp.com/wp-conte...g/uni/art_list_com.jpg); background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: initial; font-weight: bold; display: inline-block; height: 20px; line-height: 20px; background-position: 0% 0%; background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat; ">2 Comments

matt-kemp-olay.jpg

Dylan Hernandez of the L.A. Times reports thatMatt Kemp checked into camp at 215 pounds. Last year he was at 230.

After Pablo Sandoval, I think that Kemp’s weight may be the most significant conditioning story of spring training. No, not because he was fat like Sandoval or anything. But because I don’t think anyone suffered more last season from the perception that he was dogging it or lackadaisical or unfocused or whatever than Kemp did.  His defense and base running suffered in 2010.  That could be because of mental issues, but it might also have been because of physical ones.  And no matter what the cause was, people were all OVER him for it.

If it was a mental block or something else altogether we’ll probably know once the season gets going.  But by coming into camp slimmed down like he has, Kemp will at least buy himself a little more goodwill before anyone jumps on his case.

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

presale tix on sale tomorrow. everything but opening day

Code NEWERA

laker4lifeman wrote:
Hopefully Matt has the season I expected from him last season.

We ALL have been expecting from him. He has ZERO excuses this year - New coaching staff, a quiet GM (for now ?) and no girlfriend for people to peg the blame on. If he can't do it now, it won't happen in LA IMO.

Gotta ask my fellow Dodgers fans.
Every year at work, we do a home run derby.
Everything I've read has Kemp poised to have a big year.
I gotta choose between Fielder and Kemp. Who's hitting more bombs this year?
As much as I'd like to see Kemp make "the leap", I'm leaning towards Fielder.
smart move?
Fielder had 32 last year; Kemp had 28..

-J-

[h1]
[h1]Bud Selig rejected proposal for Fox to loan $200 million to Dodgers[/h1][h2]The deal called for Frank McCourt to use the Dodgers' cable TV rights as collateral, extending the team's current TV contract with Fox.[/h2]
[table][tr][td]
59684997.jpg

Baseball Commissioner Bud Selig shot down a proposed loan from Fox to Dodgers owner Frank McCourt, according to individuals familiar with the proposal. (Mary Altaffer / Associated Press / May13, 2010)
[/td][/tr][/table]

By Bill Shaikin
February 24, 20117:52 p.m.

Baseball Commissioner Bud Selig has rejected a proposal under which Fox would have loaned about $200 million to Dodgers owner Frank McCourt, three people familiar with the discussions told The Times.

McCourt would have used the Dodgers' cable television rights as collateral, extending the team's current contract with Fox by as many as four years if he did not repay the loan, according to the individuals, who were briefed on the proposal but who are not authorized to discuss it.

Major League Baseball spokesman Pat Courtney and Fox spokesman Chris Bellitti each declined to comment. Steve Sugerman, the spokesman for McCourt, said he would not discuss the proposal.

Get the monthly that has L.A. talking. Subscribe to Los Angeles Times Magazine at a special introductory rate.

Selig made his decision several weeks ago. Since then, McCourt has continued to explore financing options that would enable him to satisfy the commissioner and manage a debt that, according to court records, exceeded $430 million as of November 2009.

McCourt said last week he was "very, very confident" that he would remain the owner of the team, however and whenever his divorce proceedings end.

The Times reported last month that Fox had advanced McCourt money from the team's current television contract to help cover operating expenses. Sugerman declined to discuss how Selig's decision might affect McCourt's ability to manage the Dodgers' finances.

Selig has indicated he might withhold approval of any minority investor or broadcast contract proposed by McCourt. The commissioner last year rejected a proposed TV deal between Fox and the Texas Rangers, one that would have eased the severe financial burdens on Tom Hicks, then the Rangers' owner.

The team ended up in Bankruptcy Court. Fox considered bidding for the Rangers so as to secure the team's television rights, then negotiated a contract with the team's new owners, worth a reported $1.6 billion over 20 years.

That deal averages $80 million per year. The Fox loan to McCourt could have enabled the company to secure an extension to the Dodgers' rights at about $50 million per year had McCourt not repaid the proposed loan.

David Boies, an attorney for Jamie McCourt, said any such deal should trigger "court supervision" of the Dodgers' finances, so as to ensure the value of the team is not harmed until the court determines ownership.

Jamie McCourt maintains that she owns half of the Dodgers. Frank McCourt says the Dodgers are his sole property. The couple divorced in October but has not reached a financial settlement.

"The most important thing is that he not be allowed to abuse his position of control to dissipate a marital asset," Boies said. "He has to manage the asset in a way that not only protects his asset but his wife's interest."

Sugerman, Frank McCourt's spokesman, said Jamie McCourt's advisors have pursued a "campaign to create confusion and disruption." Sugerman said Frank McCourt has acted in the best interest of the Dodgers, noting the franchise value has roughly doubled in the seven years since he bought the team.

"He is well aware of his responsibilities to the team, to the city and to his former wife," Sugerman said. "He takes these responsibilities seriously and is living up to them."

Neal Pilson, former president of CBS Sports, said Fox was smart to try to help Frank McCourt at a time when Time Warner, Comcast and ESPN all are competing to secure broadcast rights to teams currently aired on Fox channels across the country. Time Warner's new Lakers channel, for instance, could bid against Fox for the rights to carry Dodgers games.

The proposed loan could have effectively added years to the Dodgers' contract with Fox, which expires in 2013.

"I don't see any downside for Fox," Pilson said. "But Fox isn't going to secure a loan with six months of broadcast rights. They're going to want to have a term that more than adequately covers them in case of default.

"This way, at worst, you get back your loan with, I'm sure, a fair rate of interest. At best, you get broadcast rights for a term of years that might be worth more than the loan."

Fox loaned $145 million to McCourt in 2004, as part of its agreement to sell the Dodgers to him. McCourt put up his Boston parking lots as collateral. Fox essentially foreclosed on the property two years later, then sold it.

[email protected]
[/h1]

120654_o.gif

It begins

cant stand Selig.

Same here, but in this case, he has no choice BUT to be on the side of the best interest of the franchise, and finally correct the cluster-*%%$ of a mistake he made 7 years ago.

any of you bums actually buy tickets today?

nah. going to SD at the beginning of the season to check them out, and hoping to get some opening day tix. besides that
grin.gif

20110225__jersey_front_600.jpg

Dodgers to wear 1940s 'satin' uniforms for 'throwback' day games
sick.gif

Out of 50,000 Dodger fan votes for which 'throwback' uniforms the team will wear for six mid-week day games in 2011, the 1940s "satin" uniforms edges out the 1911 road uniforms by fewer than 2,000 votes, the team reported Friday.

eff that.  those things are ugly...

-J-

I like those jerseys a lot, those are the ones I voted for. Just wish they were actually wearing the satin.

I hope Nike makes some merch to go with those.

Back
Top Bottom