OFFICIAL 2010 DODGERS OFFSEASON THREAD : Mods, please lock. Thanks.

Which games are the Dodgers wearing those throwbacks for? Please don't be vs. the Mets....the Wilpons would have an orgasm.
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by Rudemiester

Which games are the Dodgers wearing those throwbacks for? Please don't be vs. the Mets....the Wilpons would have an orgasm.
30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif

check the LA home schedule, there's 6 wednesday day games, those will be the ones with Brooklyn Jerseys

Mr Jordan04 wrote:
562 do you buy the mlb tv premium?

I don't, but i'm thinking of getting extra beisbol somewhere, even thinking of getting extra innings (does FIOS offer it anyway?  
tired.gif
 )

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

Ehhhh, I might me in the minority but I don't like those

You aren't in the minority, them jerseys are hot basura.

The new tv I got has those internet apps, and one of those is the mlb tv. I think its like 120 for the season, kinda steep since I don't really care to see any other games besides the dodgers, but it'll come in handy when I'm bored. I might just cop or split it and just share the log in info

Originally Posted by briannnnn

Originally Posted by In Yo Nostril

sweet, the LA Royals.

laugh.gif

What about the other two jerseys that were in the voting?

aete84.jpg
The public chose the lesser of the evils
laugh.gif

Dodgers in Pinstripes? No thanks, and that second one is boring.

i guess its ok since they are only being worn on wednesday day games. no one will be there to notice them anyway.

WOW

Just heard Steiner mention it a minute ago, didn't make much of it. Googled it and there it is 
tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif

[h1][h1]Duke Snider, Dodger great, dies at 84[/h1]
icon-comments.gif
Comments (0)

(29)

(3)

February 27, 2011 | 12:51 pm

Duke Snider, one of the Brooklyn Dodgers' Boys of Summer and one of three outstanding New York center fielders in the 1950s, died Sunday. He was 84.

Snider died at the Valle Vista Convalescent Hospital in Escondido, the Dodgers announced. No cause was given.

Here is a look at how dominant Snider was during his career with the Dodgers. From the Los Angeles Times' obituary by former staff writer Mike Kupper:

The Duke of Flatbush, a smooth-fielding outfielder and, thanks to his prowess as a home run hitter, a fan favorite in Ebbets Field, was a Dodger, both in Brooklyn and his native Los Angeles, for 16 of his 18 years in the major leagues. A Hall of Fame member, the eight-time All-Star helped the Dodgers to six National League championships, and Brooklyn's only World Series title, in his first 11 seasons, providing Dodger power from the left side of the plate.

Snider hit 40 or more homers in five consecutive seasons and during the 1950s led all major leaguers in home runs, 326; runs batted in, 1,031; runs scored, 970; and slugging percentage, .569. He finished his career with a lifetime batting average of .295 and 407 home runs, 389 of them as a Dodger, still the team record. He is the only player to have twice hit four homers in the World Series, matching his 1952 feat in '55, the year the Dodgers won the Series and he was named major league player of the year by Sporting News.

He hit the last home run in Ebbets Field and had the first hit in Dodger Stadium, a single on opening day in 1962, and was part of the 1959 Los Angeles Dodgers team that beat the Chicago White Sox in the World Series.
[/h1]

duke-snider.jpg

Rest in Peace 
frown.gif

I know this is kind of random, but Bud Selig refusing that loan finally got me excited for the Dodgers again.

I finally feel like there is a light at the end of the tunnel
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by P MAC ONE

I know this is kind of random, but Bud Selig refusing that loan finally got me excited for the Dodgers again.

I finally feel like there is a light at the end of the tunnel
pimp.gif

You and me both dude
smile.gif

ooIRON MANoo wrote:
28563_27.jpg

smokin.gif

STILL lost
indifferent.gif

45seconds later edit:

I THINK I GOT IT!

But it's not something I want 
ohwell.gif

kim-ship-510x680.png

nerd.gif

*Not surprised, Torre cleaned house and fired three MLB execs, not suprised he hired Kim.  Torre has expressed interest in running the Dodgers, guess he got his GM.

nerd.gif
(Need to figure out how to do the spoiler thing)

Back
Top Bottom