OFFICIAL 2010 DODGERS OFFSEASON THREAD : Mods, please lock. Thanks.

Originally Posted by In Yo Nostril

i dont like Martin either but im not buying into Barajas's fluke half season with the dodgers. 
Neither am I, which further explains why i'm so unsure about this move with Martin. 

Agon to beantown
indifferent.gif

30t6p3b.gif
I'm so highly frustrated right now, I hope the Dodgers were in that mix.

Wishful thinking or not, he would have been the perfect player to build a franchise with.

Now we're stuck with 10 homer loney. That window, closed so fast
laugh.gif
grin.gif

FML FTT (fck this team).

Happy holidays.

By the way guys (or should I say BN), how's that whole "Frank is the real problem" thing working out.

Ned has had $$ to spend, and you see what we end up with.

Since the whole concept of finding players who don't make a ton of outs seems to be lost, how about we trade for Mark Reynolds. Word is that he's available. Blake could play LF with Gibbons and at 1st for Loney.

Originally Posted by P MAC ONE

By the way guys (or should I say BN), how's that whole "Frank is the real problem" thing working out.

Bro you can keep preaching your stubborn views.

Frank is still the REAL problem.

Frank is still the one dragging on this Dodger Drama *!@+!@*! in court, and all the pieces of the team stay crumbling.

So stop with that nonsense.

I might as well buy you season tickets to the Isotopes, I'm sure you'll appreciate that.
laugh.gif

How's your boy Broxbum btw?
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by P MAC ONE

For the amount of money he spent, who exactly would you rather he have gotten for you guys?  You act like he spent like 60 mil this offseason and ended up with what you got.  Kuroda might be overpaid, but the other contracts werent terrible.  

Garland, Uribe, Barajas are getting paid more than Adam Dunn.

BN you didn't answer the question. How is Frank dragging the team down by giving Ned $$ to spend this off-season? We are paying $7 Mil a year to a guy with a career OBP of .300. That makes absolutely no sense. And not offering arb to Barajas? Dude would have made $2 Mil max in arbitration but we don't offer it and then end up paying him more than $3 Mil. Is that Frank's fault too?

I might as well buy you season tickets to the Isotopes, I'm sure you'll appreciate that.
laugh.gif

How's your boy Broxbum btw?
smokin.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Classic.

Great reply.

Stop acting like a twelve year old in your arguments. Word on the street is that a lot of people in various threads find that %*@% annoying. Aren't you an adult?

Kuroda might be overpaid, but the other contracts werent terrible.  
Look, the fact that Colletti was Sabean's right hand man is disgusting enough.  Frank will not go for another GM because Ned is not a highly paid GM.  Ned has the same philosophy as Sabean.

Let's look at facts, before this season Giant fans didn't want Sabean back.  We even laughed at the fact that Sabean mustered an extension prior to the 2010 season.  The Giants were fortunate to catch lightning in a bottle and the fans & organization were rewarded with the first championship in San Francisco.  Didn't change the fact that the offense couldn't hit their way out of a wet paper bag, magically they started hitting when it counted.

I don't mind having Juan Uribe, but at 3 years and $21 million?  That's a terrible contract anyway you cut it.  I wasn't shocked when we were the other team in on Aubrey Huff, and I'm glad we lost out on him 'cause Sabean matched.  Unfortunately Sabean matched for Uribe too, he just didn't accept
30t6p3b.gif

Two guys that other teams didn't want a part of prior to 2010, now they are WS "Heroes" and they are getting multiyear deals.

Rod Barajas for $3.25 million
30t6p3b.gif

Not to mention that Colletti is completely inept in evaluating the farm system and waits until a prospects value plummets to it's lowest levels before trading them/giving them away.  For every Milton Bradley for Andre Ethier, there is three or four McDonald/Lambo for Dotel trades.

But McDonald and Lambo are terrible anyways. Just like Broxbum. They were never gonna be anything anyways.

Uribe is a solid veteran.

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

Kuroda might be overpaid, but the other contracts werent terrible.  
Look, the fact that Colletti was Sabean's right hand man is disgusting enough.  Frank will not go for another GM because Ned is not a highly paid GM.  Ned has the same philosophy as Sabean.

Let's look at facts, before this season Giant fans didn't want Sabean back.  We even laughed at the fact that Sabean mustered an extension prior to the 2010 season.  The Giants were fortunate to catch lightning in a bottle and the fans & organization were rewarded with the first championship in San Francisco.  Didn't change the fact that the offense couldn't hit their way out of a wet paper bag, magically they started hitting when it counted.

I don't mind having Juan Uribe, but at 3 years and $21 million?  That's a terrible contract anyway you cut it.  I wasn't shocked when we were the other team in on Aubrey Huff, and I'm glad we lost out on him 'cause Sabean matched.  Unfortunately Sabean matched for Uribe too, he just didn't accept
30t6p3b.gif

Two guys that other teams didn't want a part of prior to 2010, now they are WS "Heroes" and they are getting multiyear deals.

Rod Barajas for $3.25 million
30t6p3b.gif

Not to mention that Colletti is completely inept in evaluating the farm system and waits until a prospects value plummets to it's lowest levels before trading them/giving them away.  For every Milton Bradley for Andre Ethier, there is three or four McDonald/Lambo for Dotel trades.

Hey you are preaching to the choir about the Giants.  I wanted Sabean gone even as late as June of this past season.  Obviously, he will get a pass from me now, but if we have the same bull %%%$ lineup for the foreseeable future, I will be right back on the fire Sabean train.  
Anyways back to Colletti, again, I agree with you that he hasnt done an excellent job as your GM.  I was just commenting on PMAC saying that Ned has money to spend.  Yes he has some, but its not like he has a ton of money that he can go out and sign the top guys.  You had some holes to fill, and he did it.  Its not like there are better players that you could have had for the money you spent, and regardless if you guys hate the contracts or not, they arent THAT much higher than the market price for the players you got (maybe apart from Kuroda).  Thats all Im saying.

Originally Posted by bright nikes

Josh Bell also says hi PMAC.

wink.gif

Tell him I said hello, also that I'm glad we traded him away. Can never have enough bullpen depth, especially when it's a lefty we're talking about.

http://[h3]
[h3]Martin's suitors[/h3]
11:44AM ET

[h5]Russell Martin | Dodgers | Interested: Red Sox? [/h5]

Before deciding to non-tender Russell Martin on Thursday night, the Dodgers nearly completed a deal that would have sent him to the New York Yankees, and now that the backstop is a free agent, the Yankees are expected to continue their pursuit.

FoxSports.com reports that the Colorado Rockies might be a perfect fit for Martin, and that Rockies skipper Jim Tracy, knowing Martin well from his days as the Dodgers manager, could be a key factor in potential mutual interest.

Martin made $5.05 million last season but as a free agent can simply accept the best offer made to him, widening the market for his services. Several clubs may view Martin as a backup or platoon option, including both L.A. clubs, the Milwaukee Brewers and the New York Mets.

Martin says he is open to a utility role with the Dodgers, which would presumably include him playing other positions such as first and third base.
[/h3]

http://[h3]
[h3]Stark: Dodgers still like Padilla[/h3]
6:53AM ET

[h5]Vicente Padilla | Dodgers [/h5]

Even though they've already signed three free-agent starting pitchers this winter, according to ESPN.com's Jayson Stark, the Dodgers continue to show interest in free agent Vicente Padilla, their Opening Day starter last season.

Padilla has battled elbow and neck issues. So it's likely the Dodgers are offering him an incentive-based deal. But he did have the lowest opponent batting average (.208) of any free-agent starter, and ranked second in WHIP (1.08) and strikeout rate (7.96 per nine innings).

If the Dodgers sign Padilla, it would, potentially, give them seven starting pitchers heading into spring training: Clayton Kershaw, Chad Billingsley, Ted Lilly, Hiroki Kuroda, Jon Garland and John Ely.
[/h3]

roll.gif
roll.gif

FoxSports.com reports that the Colorado Rockies might be a perfect fit for Martin, and that Rockies skipper Jim Tracy, knowing Martin well from his days as the Dodgers manager, could be a key factor in potential mutual interest.

I hate this so much in the few articles i've read. The guy was in the MINORS, what the hell does Tracy kjnow about Martin?

Back
Top Bottom