OFFICIAL 2010 DODGERS OFFSEASON THREAD : Mods, please lock. Thanks.

Originally Posted by Bruce Waynee

Damn you Uribe. Damn you.

Unless this you are a secret undercover Giant planning to revert back to your previous years and plan to decline in health over the next 3 years.

I predict Piece of Schmidt 2.0

who is hawksworth? never heard of him n who r they eyin for LF? any potential FA power lefty LFs because we need another big bat n a lefty y not kill three birds in 1 stone?

Originally Posted by Bruce Waynee

Damn forgot about him!

Juan Uribe (Dodgers) = Steve Finley (Giants) No?

laugh.gif
i'd say that's a fair assessment.

Take your pick
la_g_butlersplit_576.jpg

Getty Images"He was sentenced to be my Butler."
Juan Uribe is poised to become the 47th player to wear both a Giants and Dodgers uniform since 1988, according to Baseball-Reference.com via ESPN Stats and Information (which also provides this analysis of the Uribe signing).

Though signing ex-Giants might seem a Ned Colletti fetish, the players have been going between the two teams in a relatively steady stream over those past 22 years, with hardly a moment, if any, in which at least one player on one team hadn't at one time played on the other.

If you'll allow for the somewhat subjective characterizations below, you'll find that the Giants and Dodgers have had similar success (or lack thereof) with transplants. The number of players who have made relevant contributions to both teams is only five (and that includes Matt Herges and Marquis Grissom as "relevant"). Conversely, nearly half of the players on this list have been pretty much meaningless for both teams.

By the same token, the number of players going from relevancy with one team to irrelevancy with the other, or vice versa, has been practically equal.

If there's any sort of noteworthy differential, it's been that the Dodgers have been more likely to make an irrelevant Giant fill the same role in Los Angeles. I mean, really – 15 of these guys?

Anyway, I'm more than a bit concerned that Uribe will become relevant-Giant-turned-irrelevant-Dodger No. 9, but Dodger fans can hope for the best.

Relevant Giant becomes relevant Dodger (2)
Brett Butler
Jeff Kent

Relevant Dodger becomes relevant Giant (3)
Marquis Grissom
Matt Herges
Dave Roberts

Irrelevant Giant becomes irrelevant Dodger (15)
Troy Brohawn
Gary Carter
Dennis Cook (pitched well but briefly for both teams)
Jose Cruz, Jr.
Roberto Hernandez
Shea Hillenbrand
Ricky Ledee
Justin Miller
Terry Mulholland
Rick Parker
F.P. Santangelo
Cory Snyder
Mark Sweeney
Jack Taschner
Rick Wilkins

Irrelevant Dodger becomes irrelevant Giant (6)
Dave Anderson
Todd Benzinger
Eric Davis
Tom Goodwin
Jim Poole
Jose Vizcaino (twice)

Relevant Giant becomes irrelevant Dodger (
glasses.gif

Brian Johnson (afraid so)
Darren Lewis
Ramon Martinez (II)
Brent Mayne
Bill Mueller
Russ Ortiz
Jason Schmidt
Brett Tomko

Relevant Dodger becomes irrelevant Giant (6)
Steve Finley (a half season in L.A., but a big one)
Orel Hershiser
Guillermo Mota
Brad Penny
Darryl Strawberry (had big '91 season)
Eric Young

Irrelevant Giant becomes relevant Dodger (3)
Wilson Alvarez
Trenidad Hubbard (hit .304 in 313 at-bats in Los Angeles)
Kenny Lofton (hit .301 in Los Angeles)

Irrelevant Dodger becomes relevant Giant (3)
Stan Javier
Felix Rodriguez
Cody Ross (afraid so)

[h1]http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2010/11/dodgers-looking-to-sign-relievers.html[/h1]
[h1]Dodgers Looking To Sign Relievers[/h1]
By Ben Nicholson-Smith [November 30, 2010 at 9:11pm CST]

Not only are the Dodgers interested in Johnny Damon and a number of catchers, they're attempting to sign one or two setup men, according to ESPN.com's Jayson StarkJesse Crain, Jason Frasor and Matt Guerrier are high on their shopping list. 

Crain, a Type B free agent, declined arbitration from the Twins, but he won't cost the Dodgers or any other team a draft pick. Since Guerrier is a Type A free agent who declined an offer of arbitration, he'll cost a top draft pick. The same goes for Frasor, a former Dodger farmhand, who will accept arbitration from the Blue Jays if he doesn't see a multiyear offer he likes.

Dodgers GM Ned Colletti has locked up Ted Lilly, Hiroki Kuroda, Jon Garland, Juan Uribe, Jay Gibbons and Dana Eveland since the regular season ended. Los Angeles also acquired Blake Hawksworth for Ryan Theriot today.

Also, looking at how the contract is structured, by the time 2014 comes around it's only a mil. PLUS it's not a staggered contract. It could've been worse I guess. A day later, i'm not as pissed as I initially was, that's not to say i'm not pissed though.

laugh.gif
@ the guy that said Kershaw isn't an ace

I like Hawksworth though, if he can put it all together he'll be nice

30t6p3b.gif
@ Colletti going hard at Huff and Uribe, glad we only ended up with one of those bums.

%%*@ Colletti, that turd needs to go back up Sabean's rectum.

Yo, 562, keep all the ESPN crap in spoilers
laugh.gif

Don't let this thread turn into the Official MLB Offseason Thread...aka "Official MLB ESPN Insider Copy and Paste Thread"
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

30t6p3b.gif
@ Colletti going hard at Huff and Uribe, glad we only ended up with one of those bums.

%%*@ Colletti, that turd needs to go back up Sabean's rectum.

Yo, 562, keep all the ESPN crap in spoilers
laugh.gif

Don't let this thread turn into the Official MLB Offseason Thread...aka "Official MLB ESPN Insider Copy and Paste Thread"
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
Dude I can't even read that thing anymore and i'm on a PC
SO much $*!% I get lost on a single page, don't know how to do spoilers though do i'll just post links.

[h1]Jamie McCourt rejects divorce settlement proposal[/h1][h2]Frank McCourt accepts deal, but with Jamie's rejection, issue of who owns Dodgers may be in limbo into new year and beyond. Judge Gordon has until Jan. 18 to rule on validity of marital agreement.[/h2]

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-1201-dodgers-mccourt-20101201,0,7740118.story

i dont like Martin either but im not buying into Barajas's fluke half season with the dodgers. offer Martin a few bucks and a couple grams of test and deca and lets get this thing done.

Back
Top Bottom