OFFICIAL 2010 DODGERS OFFSEASON THREAD : Mods, please lock. Thanks.

and exactly how are the dodgers going to afford prince fielder's upcoming contract?
laugh.gif

It's a rumor from ESPN's Tony Jackson.

Other people have since said it's not true.

Seems too good to be true anyways.

I wouldn't do that deal straight up though, considering that Fielder will be a FA next year and will command a Ryan Howard like contract.  If we don't have new ownership, he's walking.

Broxton/Loney for Fielder is a good start.

Remember, Colletti is too dumb to pull off a solid trade.

It's a win/win.  Dodgers get a big bat, Brewers get an arm and a first baseman they will control for a couple of years.

If we do get Fielder, you know 562 will be first in line for Prince Fielder "Bobblebelly" Night.

Well Broxton is gone after next year too anyways, and Loney isn't worth a whole lot right now.

Two first rounders if Fielder leaves wouldn't be the worst thing.

That said, the trade probably isn't gonna happen.

Though teams are putting more emphasis on the draft, I still not too happy about having first round picks.

This is not the NFL or NBA, it is rare to have a first round pick with instant impact.

For every Evan Longoria there is a handful of Mike Moustakas'. 

There is no point in trading for Fielder if they are going to let him walk.  When talking about the McCourt ownership, you have to take this into account, letting Fielder walk would be another PR hit.

There was a tweet that said the legitimacy of that rumor is "zero"
But I wouldn't mind that trade, but fatboy is gonna want a FAT contract next year. But the yanks/sox don't need a 1st basemen, so the only teams I can see dropping a fat contract he would like is the cubs or mets.
I don't know where the +++# the nationals popped out 130 mil for jayson werth
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

There was a tweet that said the legitimacy of that rumor is "zero"
But I wouldn't mind that trade, but fatboy is gonna want a FAT contract next year. But the yanks/sox don't need a 1st basemen, so the only teams I can see dropping a fat contract he would like is the cubs or mets.
I don't know where the +++# the nationals popped out 130 mil for jayson werth
laugh.gif
The Mets and Cubs have a lot of bad contracts right now, their hands are tied, like you said Red Sox and Yankees are out.  Crazy, 'cause Pujols will become a free agent next year.  I don't see him leaving the Cardinals, but it's crazy to think there will not be a market for him since the Yankees and Red Sox have first base tied up for the next 5-6 years.

Hey guys,

What are your thoughts on Cody Ross? I know his price will probably be a little inflated after a pretty good playoff performance, but I haven't seen his name mentioned in connection with any teams. I talked to him a little this weekend and he said that there have been quite a few teams that have contacted him, but the Dodgers weren't one.

i just want it to be over asap. even if the judge rules in frank's favor, he still would have to sell i assume?

For it to be over "asap" Bud would have to step in.

Since we all know that wont happen, Gordon ruling on behalf of Jamie is the next best thing. but FAR from asap.

Judge ruling in favor of the wench is good step forward, even though Frank is looking to appeal.

Still believe that Frank will ultimately still get the team, but I hope I'm wrong and he's forced to sell to rich investor.

i just thought that even if he gets the team, he wont be able to afford to keep it while having to give jamie half of whatever he has.

Just like the Padres owner, but hopefully without the Fire Sale of the team and it's players.

Just sell the team, $900 million - $1 billion, subtract the advances, loans debt etc owed to the team, and you get to live the life you want for the rest of your life.

Isn't that what they want after all?

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

Are the dodgers worth 1 billion?

If the Cubs can be sold for $845 million, I only assume that the Dodgers can fetch even more because of Dodger Stadium property. 

Still believe that Frank will ultimately still get the team, but I hope I'm wrong and he's forced to sell to rich investor.
Even if he gets the team, his cash flow is going to sink him.

Isn't that what they want after all?
These two have the biggest ego's on Earth, they honestly believe they are god's gift to this world and are the best thing to ever happen to Los Angeles.

Without the Dodgers, both of them are just rich @!!**%+*, with the Dodgers they are relevant.

I just don't see either keeping the team, what investor would be willing to get in bed with Frank.  Especially with all the dirt becoming public, on how he backstabbed most of his early investors to climb the ladder of success early in his career.

Back
Top Bottom