Official 2009 ALCS Thread LAA Angels ( 2 ) vs NY Yankees ( 4 ) YANKEES WIN !!!

So back to my question. How do win a game when we're "laying down" for the yankees?

I mean if you wanna say we're playing like %%*% this series i'll agree. But to say they gave up and aren't trying is just ridiculous.

Unless of course that's what you were trying to say which would make this whole "argument" pointless.

Anyway...

very close series and now it finally shows. If we can take the game tomorrow I would really like our chances to take this series.

and
laugh.gif
at Mayor trying to talk about baseball
roll.gif

PS.

Howie>Cano
and
Mathis for President

sick.gif

1. Mo is disgusting
pimp.gif
eek.gif

I kind of understand the move by taking Damon out of left to put in Hairston...I mean imagine it was a little pop up but they decide to tag up and Damon throwsa dribbler to the plate?
I don't understand why he took Mo out of the game to let Cervelli hit? Just tell Mo to take pitches until strike 2 then swing the bat to maybe get a luckyhit.....
I completely don't understand why he took Robertson out....I mean besides Mo he has been our best bullpen guy in the playoffs
When we can't get any hits with guys on 1st 2nd with 0 outs all damn game long then we shouldn't win the game...

-Oh well...tough loss, but everyone needs to stay focused and we need to get the W tomorrow.....CC needs to be locked in....We take the W tomorrow and we areback in great shape.

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Girardi is gettin' too cute.

Originally Posted by true 3 blue

OVER MANAGING FTMFL

Agree with all that above....

But this right here:

Originally Posted by LilStarZ07

can someone else co sign the fact that cano is playing like $$$% in the playoffs?
Robbie is my boy. But he stinks it up every post-season.
smh.gif

Truth be told, most of the Yankees are hitting like !#!$ this post-season. A-Rod, Jeter, Posada, and Matsui being the exceptions.

Originally Posted by jrp44

I kind of understand the move by taking Damon out of left to put in Hairston...I mean imagine it was a little pop up but they decide to tag up and Damon throws a dribbler to the plate?
I don't understand why he took Mo out of the game to let Cervelli hit? Just tell Mo to take pitches until strike 2 then swing the bat to maybe get a lucky hit.....
Damon coming out is the standard move. The other night when Johnny couldn't throw someone out at home, you guys were yelling at"noodle-arm Johnny".
laugh.gif

And Mo just threw 2.1 the other night. No way Girardi is gonna stretch him out again so soon afterward.

Questionable calls by Girardi aside... our hitters still didn't produce when we had the chance.

That's the concerning part of this loss.

Originally Posted by SHUGES

Originally Posted by jrp44

I kind of understand the move by taking Damon out of left to put in Hairston...I mean imagine it was a little pop up but they decide to tag up and Damon throws a dribbler to the plate?
I don't understand why he took Mo out of the game to let Cervelli hit? Just tell Mo to take pitches until strike 2 then swing the bat to maybe get a lucky hit.....
Damon coming out is the standard move. The other night when Johnny couldn't throw someone out at home, you guys were yelling at "noodle-arm Johnny".
laugh.gif

And Mo just threw 2.1 the other night. No way Girardi is gonna stretch him out again so soon afterward.
mo threw 2.1 the other night cuz girardi overmanaged that game too. Joba pitched to what 1 batter? and hughes two.

thanks Girardi for managing the game so well..

let mo hit.. WHO CARES!

i dealt with it, but WHY TAKE ROBERTSON OUT?? i'm done.. bout to eat chinese & smoke a bleezy.. i gots to make a comeback tonight in fantasy football..

down 30 with royal, marshall & chambers.. bye weeks are killing me..!

watched the game when it started then followed via gamecenter on espn cause i was on air. Look Giardi made some bad moves and in the end it costed us.Robertson shouldn't have been pulled, Marte should have been facing Abreu as well at the top of the inning. Yanks had some opportunities but i am notworried. We proved that we can come back n win games, we came back but then lost in this one. I see a win tmoro with CC

Now that you guys have vented.

Yes, questionable calls by Girardi.

If you are playing the game of "if's" then, the game would've never gone into extra innings if Bobby Abreu doesn't make that boneheadbaserunning blunder and if the Angels hit with RISP.

The Angels once again were giving the game away only this time the Yankees didn't take it.

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

Now that you guys have vented.

Yes, questionable calls by Girardi.

If you are playing the game of "if's" then, the game would've never gone into extra innings if Bobby Abreu doesn't make that bonehead baserunning blunder and if the Angels hit with RISP.

The Angels once again were giving the game away only this time the Yankees didn't take it.
...and on that same note, the game would've never gone to extra innings if the Yankees didn't mess up their own opportunities. They hadTWO different innings when two runners were on base with NO outs and didn't score a run in either one. There's other chances they had as well but thosewere the most memorable...

Cano, Swish, and Melky aren't really getting it done at the plate. Teix has been outstanding at first base but dude has done NOTHING offensively besidesthe HR vs. the Twins...all these guys gotta step it up. It's not like they were ONLY hitting HR's during the season...relying solely on that will getthem nowhere.
tired.gif

CC is pitching tomorrow and he's done great before on 3 days rest so I'm not too worried about him...hopefully they stop the momentum early anddon't let it go to extra innings again.

^^ That was not the point of the post.

The point is that there is no point in hanging on "if's". Just get the next one.

You think Girardi is second guessing himself, hell nah. He is already focused on Game 4.

The place went nuts when we lost. Everyone followed me in my boo's towards Girardi.

How do I know when ThePost posts up the videos?

^^ That was not the point of the post.

The point is that there is no point in hanging on "if's". Just get the next one.

You think Girardi is second guessing himself, hell nah. He is already focused on Game 4.
I was responding to this part

Because, like I said, it goes both ways.

And obviously Girardi has to focus on the next game...he's the manager.
laugh.gif
Fans and media will always speculate on games like this...it's the nature of the business.

But you're right...get the next one and everyone will forget about today.

[Stephen A.] HOWEVA, [/Smith]

If...IF...the Yankees end up losing this series, best believe this will be pointed at by everyone in the months to come.

But...I don't even wanna think about that.
happy.gif

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

VLADIMIR GIRARDI, YOU LISTEN TO ME!!!!! I'M SICK OF YOUR CRAP!!! YOU CAN DO SOMETHING HUGE RIGHT NOW GAME 4, DAMMIT!!!

SO DO IT!!!
If it worked for Vlad, it should work for Joe
ohwell.gif
laugh.gif
. *crosses fingers*

Back
Top Bottom