Official 2009 ALCS Thread LAA Angels ( 2 ) vs NY Yankees ( 4 ) YANKEES WIN !!!

Originally Posted by Yankeephan87

Time to show met fans how to handle the Phillies.
indifferent.gif

%$++ the Phils.

Originally Posted by AllenIversonFan01

I mean they do know that it is just shaving cream in a towel. Right?

Actually, he uses whipped cream.

Time to show met fans how to handle the Phillies.
Mets beat the Phils all the time (all games are classic), problem is Mets can't beat anybody else in the division.
indifferent.gif

Yankees will have problems vs em' they are the champs for a reason.

*Disclaimer* I understand we still have one game to win. And this is not directed to anyones comments on here.

Why do I walk into work this morning and have freaking White Sox fans coming up to me first thing this morning saying how we cant beat the Phillies, they areto good of a team, Their lineup is superb, their pitching is just to good. They are the champs for a reason blah blah blah

THEY DIDNT PLAY ANYONE LAST YEAR!!!!!!! The Rays really??? They had the same EXACT team this year and they SUCKED. Who did they play last year in the playoffsthat had a GOOD baseball team? Yeah they won it but I never respect NL teams its obvious they dont run with the AL. And that isnt just the Yanks, if the Angelsor the Sox played the Phils id go with them too. All im saying is stuff like that pisses me off. Like where was this guy at my job all year? He didnt even wantto talk baseball until Buehrle's no hitter and then he disappeared again. Now the Phils make it and the world stops, no point in playing anymore just givethem their rings. Come on!

Assassin u think that's bad.. take a look at the last couple of pages in the phillies dodgers thread
smh.gif
were gettin no respect I think were supposed to getswept

Let the Phillies fans talk and this they are hot...they are getting all big headed and thats fine. The fall is always longer when it is from the top, in thiscase they think they are at the top of the mountain. I'm not discrediting what they did by any means, they made the Dodgers looks stupid, Lee and Hamelspitched well...but they are going to be crazy to under estimate the Yankees. Especially the way they have been playing in the playoffs. Let the Philly fansgloat and draw up parade routes, we are the Yankees, thats all that needs to be said.

This is what I mean, These people are fools, complete idiots.

I guess im not sure how to embed the video?

Well said Venom ....

I won't be seeing the game tonight or posting for that matter, its my boys birthday. DVR'd though, hopefully the Yanks pull this out. I won't be inhere to calm down the fools that overreact
laugh.gif
but I know someone else will
nerd.gif

Phillies fans could talk all they want, they are the champs. I'm not getting into it with them. Start abiding by my post limit.

vvv Watch me.

Ok thats enough bashing the Phillies fans. Lets not act like some of you arent gonna be buggin out if you clinch tonight. Talkin about the Phillies aint +$$!,Yankees in 4, We the Best, No1 can $@*% with us.

Its just what fans do. They clinched first let them talk. I do have a feeling that the Phillies/Yankees thread (if that is how things play out) will have morethan a few suspensions/bannings.

But again I dont think the Yankees clinch it tonight. But they will finish the Angels off the first game back in NY. Again, AJ hasnt been pitching well and Idont think the Yankees will go the whole postseason without losing one of his starts. And I think Yankee fans would rather him lose this one than one in theWS.

Dude they make a mockery of themselves there is no need to bash them. I will be happy but he stuff they are saying is ridiculous already. Talking like they areuntouchable. I ride for the Yanks but give credit where it's due I said the Angels were a great team, the best? No but dangerous yes, we are just playingon a different level and besides it's the NL any Yank fans with our vs the phils numbers this year?

solid left handed pitching is what the phillies have trouble with ... cc and pettite against the phillies > cole and cliff against the yankees ... and imnot a fan of either team perse ...

Yanks tend to have a little bit of trouble against lefties too. Damon and Cano, it turns Tex over to his weaker side, same with Melky, Jorge and Swish.

[table][tr][td]Fri, May 22[/td] [td]Philadelphia[/td] [td]L 7-3[/td] [td]24-18[/td] [td]Myers (4-2)[/td] [td]Burnett (2-2)[/td] [td][/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Sat, May 23[/td] [td]Philadelphia[/td] [td]W 5-4[/td] [td]25-18[/td] [td]Veras (3-1)[/td] [td]Lidge (0-2)[/td] [td][/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Sun, May 24[/td] [td]Philadelphia[/td] [td]L 4-3 in 11[/td] [td]25-19[/td] [td]Condrey (4-0)[/td] [td]Tomko (0-1)[/td] [td][/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][/table]
There is the season series for Assassin (I think hes the one who asked) and the one game that the Phillies lost was a blown save giving up 3 runs in the 9th.So they do matchup very well against the Yankees and this was without Lee. But they also didnt see CC so it is a toss up. The Phillies did handle CC lastseason but that was last season. It should be a very good series. I know I will be watching. A possibility of some very high scoring games. And those arealways fun in the playoffs when your team isnt playing.

But lets not get too far ahead of ourselves. Since right now the Phillies are the only ones who are garanteed a spot in the WS so far.

Hamels is not cutting it this postseason though, the only pitcher i'm at all scared of in their entire pitching staff is Cliff Lee. They've got Pedrofor god's sake.

Just win 1 more game though...1 more game...

Originally Posted by true 3 blue

I won't be seeing the game tonight or posting for that matter, its my boys birthday. DVR'd though, hopefully the Yanks pull this out. I won't be in here to calm down the fools that overreact
laugh.gif
but I know someone else will
nerd.gif
I'll try to hold everyone down if we are down by 1 run in the 1st...or if we blow them out and we got some people in here celebrating achampionship already
laugh.gif

Do not sleep on Pedro in that park w/no DH. NO DH means no Matsui, means one less left handed batter he has to face.

[table][tr][td]Fri, May 22[/td] [td]Philadelphia[/td] [td]L 7-3[/td] [td]24-18[/td] [td]Myers (4-2)[/td] [td]Burnett (2-2)[/td] [td][/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Sat, May 23[/td] [td]Philadelphia[/td] [td]W 5-4[/td] [td]25-18[/td] [td]Veras (3-1)[/td] [td]Lidge (0-2)[/td] [td][/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Sun, May 24[/td] [td]Philadelphia[/td] [td]L 4-3 in 11[/td] [td]25-19[/td] [td]Condrey (4-0)[/td] [td]Tomko (0-1)[/td] [td][/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][/table]
There is the season series for Assassin (I think hes the one who asked) and the one game that the Phillies lost was a blown save giving up 3 runs in the 9th. So they do matchup very well against the Yankees and this was without Lee. But they also didnt see CC so it is a toss up. The Phillies did handle CC last season but that was last season. It should be a very good series. I know I will be watching. A possibility of some very high scoring games. And those are always fun in the playoffs when your team isnt playing.

But lets not get too far ahead of ourselves. Since right now the Phillies are the only ones who are garanteed a spot in the WS so far.

So what does the phillies taking 2/3 from us mean ai fan? Please tell me
nerd.gif

THE WASHINGTON NATIONALS SWEPT US IN THE REGULAR SEASON !!! DON'T MENTION THAT REGULAR SEASON BS THIS IS THE PLAYOFFS !

He's just saying the Phils are capable of beating the Yanks, which they def are.

They don't make mistakes, they put the hammer down, they cash in on every opportunity, and are as clutch a team I've seen in a while.

People !$#% on their pen yet they've gained confidence leading into the playoffs and have outplayed the Dodgers superior pen, they can easily do the samein this case.

Originally Posted by KingFoamNYC

[/td] [/tr][/table]
There is the season series for Assassin (I think hes the one who asked) and the one game that the Phillies lost was a blown save giving up 3 runs in the 9th. So they do matchup very well against the Yankees and this was without Lee. But they also didnt see CC so it is a toss up. The Phillies did handle CC last season but that was last season. It should be a very good series. I know I will be watching. A possibility of some very high scoring games. And those are always fun in the playoffs when your team isnt playing.

So what does the phillies taking 2/3 from us mean ai fan? Please tell me
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

You stay tryin to take little subliminals. I honestly dont know if you have a problem wit me or not sometimes.

But I was just posting them because Assassin asked what the season stats where so far between the two teams. Take it easy im not saying its gonna go one way.Obviously my prediction that the Angels style of play would give them edge was wrong this time. The Yankees did a real good job at not allowing the basestealers to get on base and hurt them. And the game that they did was Pettitte's game and you just cant really steal on him. Then they decided they weregoing to try and go HR for HR with the Yankees and that isnt how the Angels win games.

But on the flip side. That is how the Phillies win games. They will slug it out with the best in the league. and you guys are basically mirror images ofeachother. That series was in May and both of the teams are drastically different now in October. Yankees are hitting much better, and the Phillies are leapsand bounds better in the pitching department than they were in that series. So the series doesnt mean much I was just posting them since some1 asked.

My only prediction for the series is if Arod plays the way he has been playing then Yankees in 6 (
mad.gif
Yea id be mad), but if Arod somehow falls off a little and doesnt hit wellagainst the Phillies then Phillies in 6.

Back
Top Bottom