Official 2009 ALCS Thread LAA Angels ( 2 ) vs NY Yankees ( 4 ) YANKEES WIN !!!

Originally Posted by KingFoamNYC

Originally Posted by AllenIversonFan01

[table][tr][td]Fri, May 22[/td] [td]Philadelphia[/td] [td]L 7-3[/td] [td]24-18[/td] [td]Myers (4-2)[/td] [td]Burnett (2-2)[/td] [td][/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Sat, May 23[/td] [td]Philadelphia[/td] [td]W 5-4[/td] [td]25-18[/td] [td]Veras (3-1)[/td] [td]Lidge (0-2)[/td] [td][/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Sun, May 24[/td] [td]Philadelphia[/td] [td]L 4-3 in 11[/td] [td]25-19[/td] [td]Condrey (4-0)[/td] [td]Tomko (0-1)[/td] [td][/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][/table]
There is the season series for Assassin (I think hes the one who asked) and the one game that the Phillies lost was a blown save giving up 3 runs in the 9th. So they do matchup very well against the Yankees and this was without Lee. But they also didnt see CC so it is a toss up. The Phillies did handle CC last season but that was last season. It should be a very good series. I know I will be watching. A possibility of some very high scoring games. And those are always fun in the playoffs when your team isnt playing.

But lets not get too far ahead of ourselves. Since right now the Phillies are the only ones who are garanteed a spot in the WS so far.

So what does the phillies taking 2/3 from us mean ai fan? Please tell me
nerd.gif
Na Na KingFoam cool down not yet cuz
roll.gif
I asked for thosestats
laugh.gif

Thanks AI fan it looks like they didnt face anyone but Burnett. So ill take that. Why did we play them only one series?

Yanks will proabably beat the phils because they can match them offensively, yankees got advantage in the pen and with girardi using the 3 man rotation (2lefties) it's going to come down to howard, utley and ibanez not being able to hit CC and Pettite.

Originally Posted by TheAssassin23

[table][tr][td]Fri, May 22[/td] [td]Philadelphia[/td] [td]L 7-3[/td] [td]24-18[/td] [td]Myers (4-2)[/td] [td]Burnett (2-2)[/td] [td][/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Sat, May 23[/td] [td]Philadelphia[/td] [td]W 5-4[/td] [td]25-18[/td] [td]Veras (3-1)[/td] [td]Lidge (0-2)[/td] [td][/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Sun, May 24[/td] [td]Philadelphia[/td] [td]L 4-3 in 11[/td] [td]25-19[/td] [td]Condrey (4-0)[/td] [td]Tomko (0-1)[/td] [td][/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][/table]
There is the season series for Assassin (I think hes the one who asked) and the one game that the Phillies lost was a blown save giving up 3 runs in the 9th. So they do matchup very well against the Yankees and this was without Lee. But they also didnt see CC so it is a toss up. The Phillies did handle CC last season but that was last season. It should be a very good series. I know I will be watching. A possibility of some very high scoring games. And those are always fun in the playoffs when your team isnt playing.

But lets not get too far ahead of ourselves. Since right now the Phillies are the only ones who are garanteed a spot in the WS so far.

nerd.gif
Na Na KingFoam cool down not yet cuz
roll.gif
I asked for those stats
laugh.gif

Thanks AI fan it looks like they didnt face anyone but Burnett. So ill take that. Why did we play them only one series?
Thats just the way inter-league worked this year for some teams. I know we only played the Mets once this year. and I think another NL team.

[/td] [/tr][/table]

nerd.gif
laugh.gif

You stay tryin to take little subliminals. I honestly dont know if you have a problem wit me or not sometimes.

But I was just posting them because Assassin asked what the season stats where so far between the two teams. Take it easy im not saying its gonna go one way. Obviously my prediction that the Angels style of play would give them edge was wrong this time. The Yankees did a real good job at not allowing the base stealers to get on base and hurt them. And the game that they did was Pettitte's game and you just cant really steal on him. Then they decided they were going to try and go HR for HR with the Yankees and that isnt how the Angels win games.

But on the flip side. That is how the Phillies win games. They will slug it out with the best in the league. and you guys are basically mirror images of eachother. That series was in May and both of the teams are drastically different now in October. Yankees are hitting much better, and the Phillies are leaps and bounds better in the pitching department than they were in that series. So the series doesnt mean much I was just posting them since some1 asked.

My only prediction for the series is if Arod plays the way he has been playing then Yankees in 6 (
mad.gif
Yea id be mad), but if Arod somehow falls off a little and doesnt hit well against the Phillies then Phillies in 6.

Nuttin man u know its just the typical red sox yankee bs.. only reason I always quote u is because your the only sox fan that actually post in here and givesanalysis. Phillie bullpen will come back down to earth and sorry their starters don't scare me not even cliff lee. I honestly think the angels are way moredangerous to the yankees than the phillies are. Let's be real the dodgers laid down against them

Phillies are way better than the two teams the Yanks have played, they have power up and down the lineup and come up big whenever the opportunity presentsitself.

Only teams I saw lay down were the Twins with all those mistakes they did (one can argue Angels as well), they both choked in key spots.

Dodgers just got beat by a better team, Phils are way better than em'.

Phils can be beat by dominant lefties so CC has to step up (Petitte is not dominant), but we all know how they lit him up last year in a big spot.

Why can't Pettite dominate because he doesn't throw 95 mph?

I mean he's one of the best big game PITCHERS of all time and he is still capable of pitching a gem

If it was all about velocity broxton would be the greatest closer that ever breathed

Pettite is solid but when I refer to dominant lefty I mean ace (ie CC, Cliff Lee, Santana, etc).

Despite how the Phils handled CC last year, I can see him coming up big in the series, the issue is whether or not AJ and Andy can contain' that offense(which I just don't see).

I expect a 6 game series, Phils split the first two on the road.

I'll leave the rest for the World Series post since this series is Reynolds.

Just a few hours away fellas, hope they can get it done tonight and not have this series come back to NY.

How are the Phillies fans on NT?

Originally Posted by bkmac

Just a few hours away fellas, hope they can get it done tonight and not have this series come back to NY.

How are the Phillies fans on NT?

The phillie fans are douchebags from what I've seen so far

About to cop a 42" 1080p FULLHDTV just in time for the series
happy.gif

MY 26" Samsung only displays up 720p and 1080i and I'm tired of it
grin.gif

I dont see the Phills and didnt hear all this dominant talk 2 weeks ago or at all in the past months about the Phillies. It was always a toss up and until thePhillies won everyone was riding with the Dodgers, now the Phils are just to dominant. (again an open statement not necessarily directed towards anyone)

But im already tired of this crap, ive been getting emails all day from people that I havent heard from about baseball in months. And we still have to beat theAngels who a week ago were to good at small ball for us to hang with.

For example: "you guys have to many holes, Melky, your bench, and your long relievers if you actually face a team that hits well" (so by facing ateam that hits well does that mean face a team not the Angels, it has nothing to do with our pitching just that they arent hitting well?)

"Joba sucks, ur catching is terrible and Damon cant hit the ball anywhere byt Yankee stadium" (my response "wasnt that 2 run 400 footer in LAlast game?")

"Instant replay should be used so the Yankees dont get all the BS calls like they always do" (So we wouldnt be up 3-1 if it werent for the calls we"get")

Originally Posted by Proshares

This #!%#*$! guy keeps outbidding me on StubHub I'm ready to pull my #!%#*$! hair out.
How much are you up to?

And the Phils are the best team that matches up to us. They have everything we have. There lineup is really good.

Im worried about Petitte and Burnett getting blown up early. Either can just have a bad start.

I think the biggest part of each team is the bullpens. Once you get the past the starters thats going to win the series. Whoever can score runs on the reliefpitching. I still don't think Lidge is capable of closing games out. He's still nevous as all *@++ and we can get to him.

Originally Posted by Proshares

Cuse, my last bid is at $340 a pop for two tickets. My girl told me to stop but I hate to $$$@$%* lose
laugh.gif
Do it my dude

Nothing better then fall playoff games in the stadium
pimp.gif

If you can afford to overpay a little of course...

ill be in class until 6:30ish california time so ill miss the first few innings.

i want the series to end so that the yankees pitchers will be fully rested and ready come next wednesday but the baseball fan in me wants the angels to delaythe inevitable for a few more days so i can watch more baseball between now and next week.

lets not get our hopes up... its just a wait and see... the yanks still need 5 wins... lets not get ahead of ourselves

i wanna see how tonights game plays out. while i think the series is all but a wrap you never know what can happen if the series gets extended.

the clinching game is usually the hardest to win, and i doubt the angels go down like chumps. i'm pretty sure the yankees win tonight but the game will beclose and they probably pull away late.

Back
Top Bottom