NTers NOT from the US, how do you view us Americans?

Envy? That's really the conclusion you get? Like, really?

Like someone said, if we envied you, we will move over there... And people that move there is because of money, not really because they love the states...

Half of my girlfriends family lives over there (2 in Chicago, 1 in Maryland and another one in Los Angeles) and everyone minus one uncle (he's married with a gringa and what not) is coming back because there is no job as it used to be, what does it tell you?

They don't come because they're afraid they'll choke on the sweet air of freedom and democracy.

They don't come because they're afraid they'll choke on the sweet air of freedom and democracy.

Originally Posted by ImNacho

Like someone said, if we envied you, we will move over there... And people that move there is because of money, not really because they love the states...

Half of my girlfriends family lives over there (2 in Chicago, 1 in Maryland and another one in Los Angeles) and everyone minus one uncle (he's married with a gringa and what not) is coming back because there is no job as it used to be, what does it tell you?
You heard of green card quotas? It's the reason why my Dad's brothers and sisters waited 15 years (my Dad became a citizen in '92) to come over here... and they jumped at the chance. 3 years in,  they are now living infinitely better than they ever did in India. One bought a town house in 2.5 years. The standard of living here is ill. 
pimp.gif

You heard of green card quotas? It's the reason why my Dad's brothers and sisters waited 15 years (my Dad became a citizen in '92) to come over here... and they jumped at the chance. 3 years in,  they are now living infinitely better than they ever did in India. One bought a town house in 2.5 years. The standard of living here is ill. 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by KaDUKUkicks

^that theres no jobs...for that occupation...
So people don't like living there... c'mon my man, it wasn't that hard to get...

Originally Posted by KaDUKUkicks

^that theres no jobs...for that occupation...
So people don't like living there... c'mon my man, it wasn't that hard to get...

Originally Posted by bijald0331

pimp.gif

You read after the part you bolded? I said something about people moving because of money... And moving back because of money...

pimp.gif

You read after the part you bolded? I said something about people moving because of money... And moving back because of money...

pimp.gif

Doesn't matter WHY they come here... they do. You were being anecdotal as was I. Here are some figures though:
[h2]Immigration Statistics > New citizenships (most recent) by country[/h2]Showing latest available data.[table][tr][th=""]Rank  [/th][th=""]Countries  
opacity.gif
[/th][th=""]Amount  
down.gif
[/th][/tr][tr][td]# 1  [/td][td]United States:[/td][td]898 thousand [/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]# 2  [/td][td]Canada:[/td][td]214.6 thousand [/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]# 3  [/td][td]Germany:[/td][td]186.7 thousand [/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]# 4  [/td][td]France:[/td][td]150 thousand [/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]# 5  [/td][td]United Kingdom:[/td][td]82.2 thousand [/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]# 6  [/td][td]Australia:[/td][td]70.8 thousand [/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]# 7  [/td][td]Belgium:[/td][td]62.1 thousand [/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]# 8  [/td][td]Netherlands:[/td][td]50 thousand [/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]# 9  [/td][td]Sweden:[/td][td]43.5 thousand [/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]# 10  [/td][td]Switzerland:[/td][td]28.7 thousand [/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]# 11  [/td][td]Austria:[/td][td]24.6 thousand [/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]# 12  [/td][td]Denmark:[/td][td]18.8 thousand [/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]# 13  [/td][td]Japan:[/td][td]15 thousand [/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]# 14  [/td][td]Spain:[/td][td]12 thousand [/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]# 15  [/td][td]Italy:[/td][td]11.6 thousand [/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]# 16  [/td][td]Norway:[/td][td]9.5 thousand [/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]# 17  [/td][td]Hungary:[/td][td]7.5 thousand [/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]# 18  [/td][td]Finland:[/td][td]3 thousand [/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]# 19  [/td][td]Portugal:[/td][td]0.7 thousand [/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]# 20  [/td][td]Luxembourg:[/td][td]0.6 thousand [/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

[h2]Immigration Statistics > immigrant population > Number of immigrants (most recent) by country[/h2]

Showing latest available data.
[table][tr][th=""]Rank  [/th][th=""]Countries  
opacity.gif
[/th][th=""]Amount  
down.gif
[/th][/tr][tr][td]# 1  [/td][td]United States:[/td][td]38,355,000  [/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]# 2  [/td][td]Russia:[/td][td]12,080,000  [/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]# 3  [/td][td]Germany:[/td][td]10,144,000  [/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]# 4  [/td][td]Ukraine:[/td][td]6,833,000  [/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]# 5  [/td][td]France:[/td][td]6,471,000  [/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]# 6  [/td][td]Saudi Arabia:[/td][td]6,361,000  [/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]# 7  [/td][td]Canada:[/td][td]6,106,000  [/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]# 8  [/td][td]India:[/td][td]5,700,000  [/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]# 9  [/td][td]United Kingdom:[/td][td]5,408,000  [/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]# 10  [/td][td]Spain:[/td][td]4,790,000  [/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]# 11  [/td][td]Australia:[/td][td]4,097,000  [/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]# 12  [/td][td]China:[/td][td]3,852,000  [/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]# 13  [/td][td]Pakistan:[/td][td]3,254,000  [/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]# 14  [/td][td]United Arab Emirates:[/td][td]3,212,000  [/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]# 15  [/td][td]Israel:[/td][td]2,661,000  [/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]# 16  [/td][td]Italy:[/td][td]2,519,000  [/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]# 17  [/td][td]Kazakhstan:[/td][td]2,502,000  [/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]# 18  [/td][td]Côte d'Ivoire:[/td][td]2,371,000  [/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]# 19  [/td][td]Jordan:[/td][td]2,225,000  [/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]# 20  [/td][td]Japan:[/td][td]2,048,000 [/td][/tr][/table]

pimp.gif

Doesn't matter WHY they come here... they do. You were being anecdotal as was I. Here are some figures though:
[h2]Immigration Statistics > New citizenships (most recent) by country[/h2]Showing latest available data.[table][tr][th=""]Rank  [/th][th=""]Countries  
opacity.gif
[/th][th=""]Amount  
down.gif
[/th][/tr][tr][td]# 1  [/td][td]United States:[/td][td]898 thousand [/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]# 2  [/td][td]Canada:[/td][td]214.6 thousand [/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]# 3  [/td][td]Germany:[/td][td]186.7 thousand [/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]# 4  [/td][td]France:[/td][td]150 thousand [/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]# 5  [/td][td]United Kingdom:[/td][td]82.2 thousand [/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]# 6  [/td][td]Australia:[/td][td]70.8 thousand [/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]# 7  [/td][td]Belgium:[/td][td]62.1 thousand [/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]# 8  [/td][td]Netherlands:[/td][td]50 thousand [/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]# 9  [/td][td]Sweden:[/td][td]43.5 thousand [/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]# 10  [/td][td]Switzerland:[/td][td]28.7 thousand [/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]# 11  [/td][td]Austria:[/td][td]24.6 thousand [/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]# 12  [/td][td]Denmark:[/td][td]18.8 thousand [/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]# 13  [/td][td]Japan:[/td][td]15 thousand [/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]# 14  [/td][td]Spain:[/td][td]12 thousand [/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]# 15  [/td][td]Italy:[/td][td]11.6 thousand [/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]# 16  [/td][td]Norway:[/td][td]9.5 thousand [/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]# 17  [/td][td]Hungary:[/td][td]7.5 thousand [/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]# 18  [/td][td]Finland:[/td][td]3 thousand [/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]# 19  [/td][td]Portugal:[/td][td]0.7 thousand [/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]# 20  [/td][td]Luxembourg:[/td][td]0.6 thousand [/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

[h2]Immigration Statistics > immigrant population > Number of immigrants (most recent) by country[/h2]

opacity.gif
[/th][th=""]Amount  
down.gif
[/th][/tr][tr][td]# 1  [/td][td]United States:[/td][td]38,355,000  [/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]# 2  [/td][td]Russia:[/td][td]12,080,000  [/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]# 3  [/td][td]Germany:[/td][td]10,144,000  [/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]# 4  [/td][td]Ukraine:[/td][td]6,833,000  [/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]# 5  [/td][td]France:[/td][td]6,471,000  [/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]# 6  [/td][td]Saudi Arabia:[/td][td]6,361,000  [/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]# 7  [/td][td]Canada:[/td][td]6,106,000  [/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]# 8  [/td][td]India:[/td][td]5,700,000  [/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]# 9  [/td][td]United Kingdom:[/td][td]5,408,000  [/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]# 10  [/td][td]Spain:[/td][td]4,790,000  [/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]# 11  [/td][td]Australia:[/td][td]4,097,000  [/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]# 12  [/td][td]China:[/td][td]3,852,000  [/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]# 13  [/td][td]Pakistan:[/td][td]3,254,000  [/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]# 14  [/td][td]United Arab Emirates:[/td][td]3,212,000  [/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]# 15  [/td][td]Israel:[/td][td]2,661,000  [/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]# 16  [/td][td]Italy:[/td][td]2,519,000  [/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]# 17  [/td][td]Kazakhstan:[/td][td]2,502,000  [/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]# 18  [/td][td]Côte d'Ivoire:[/td][td]2,371,000  [/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]# 19  [/td][td]Jordan:[/td][td]2,225,000  [/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]# 20  [/td][td]Japan:[/td][td]2,048,000 [/td][/tr][/table]

pimp.gif

opacity.gif
[/th][th=""]Amount  
down.gif
[/th][/tr][tr][td]# 1  [/td][td]United States:[/td][td]898 thousand [/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]# 2  [/td][td]Canada:[/td][td]214.6 thousand [/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]# 3  [/td][td]Germany:[/td][td]186.7 thousand [/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]# 4  [/td][td]France:[/td][td]150 thousand [/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]# 5  [/td][td]United Kingdom:[/td][td]82.2 thousand [/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]# 6  [/td][td]Australia:[/td][td]70.8 thousand [/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]# 7  [/td][td]Belgium:[/td][td]62.1 thousand [/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]# 8  [/td][td]Netherlands:[/td][td]50 thousand [/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]# 9  [/td][td]Sweden:[/td][td]43.5 thousand [/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]# 10  [/td][td]Switzerland:[/td][td]28.7 thousand [/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]# 11  [/td][td]Austria:[/td][td]24.6 thousand [/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]# 12  [/td][td]Denmark:[/td][td]18.8 thousand [/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]# 13  [/td][td]Japan:[/td][td]15 thousand [/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]# 14  [/td][td]Spain:[/td][td]12 thousand [/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]# 15  [/td][td]Italy:[/td][td]11.6 thousand [/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]# 16  [/td][td]Norway:[/td][td]9.5 thousand [/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]# 17  [/td][td]Hungary:[/td][td]7.5 thousand [/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]# 18  [/td][td]Finland:[/td][td]3 thousand [/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]# 19  [/td][td]Portugal:[/td][td]0.7 thousand [/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]# 20  [/td][td]Luxembourg:[/td][td]0.6 thousand [/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

opacity.gif
[/th][th=""]Amount  
down.gif
[/th][/tr][tr][td]# 1  [/td][td]United States:[/td][td]38,355,000  [/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]# 2  [/td][td]Russia:[/td][td]12,080,000  [/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]# 3  [/td][td]Germany:[/td][td]10,144,000  [/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]# 4  [/td][td]Ukraine:[/td][td]6,833,000  [/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]# 5  [/td][td]France:[/td][td]6,471,000  [/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]# 6  [/td][td]Saudi Arabia:[/td][td]6,361,000  [/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]# 7  [/td][td]Canada:[/td][td]6,106,000  [/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]# 8  [/td][td]India:[/td][td]5,700,000  [/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]# 9  [/td][td]United Kingdom:[/td][td]5,408,000  [/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]# 10  [/td][td]Spain:[/td][td]4,790,000  [/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]# 11  [/td][td]Australia:[/td][td]4,097,000  [/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]# 12  [/td][td]China:[/td][td]3,852,000  [/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]# 13  [/td][td]Pakistan:[/td][td]3,254,000  [/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]# 14  [/td][td]United Arab Emirates:[/td][td]3,212,000  [/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]# 15  [/td][td]Israel:[/td][td]2,661,000  [/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]# 16  [/td][td]Italy:[/td][td]2,519,000  [/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]# 17  [/td][td]Kazakhstan:[/td][td]2,502,000  [/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]# 18  [/td][td]Côte d'Ivoire:[/td][td]2,371,000  [/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]# 19  [/td][td]Jordan:[/td][td]2,225,000  [/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]# 20  [/td][td]Japan:[/td][td]2,048,000 [/td][/tr][/table]
And? I havent said people don't move over there, is THE country for inmigration and millions of people move over there every year... That doesn't make it a good country to live in, that was the point I was trying to make... I know that is really hard to discuss this because of pride, because obviously I don't like it over there and you do.

pimp.gif

opacity.gif
[/th][th=""]Amount  
down.gif
[/th][/tr][tr][td]# 1  [/td][td]United States:[/td][td]898 thousand [/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]# 2  [/td][td]Canada:[/td][td]214.6 thousand [/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]# 3  [/td][td]Germany:[/td][td]186.7 thousand [/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]# 4  [/td][td]France:[/td][td]150 thousand [/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]# 5  [/td][td]United Kingdom:[/td][td]82.2 thousand [/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]# 6  [/td][td]Australia:[/td][td]70.8 thousand [/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]# 7  [/td][td]Belgium:[/td][td]62.1 thousand [/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]# 8  [/td][td]Netherlands:[/td][td]50 thousand [/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]# 9  [/td][td]Sweden:[/td][td]43.5 thousand [/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]# 10  [/td][td]Switzerland:[/td][td]28.7 thousand [/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]# 11  [/td][td]Austria:[/td][td]24.6 thousand [/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]# 12  [/td][td]Denmark:[/td][td]18.8 thousand [/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]# 13  [/td][td]Japan:[/td][td]15 thousand [/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]# 14  [/td][td]Spain:[/td][td]12 thousand [/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]# 15  [/td][td]Italy:[/td][td]11.6 thousand [/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]# 16  [/td][td]Norway:[/td][td]9.5 thousand [/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]# 17  [/td][td]Hungary:[/td][td]7.5 thousand [/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]# 18  [/td][td]Finland:[/td][td]3 thousand [/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]# 19  [/td][td]Portugal:[/td][td]0.7 thousand [/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]# 20  [/td][td]Luxembourg:[/td][td]0.6 thousand [/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

opacity.gif
[/th][th=""]Amount  
down.gif
[/th][/tr][tr][td]# 1  [/td][td]United States:[/td][td]38,355,000  [/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]# 2  [/td][td]Russia:[/td][td]12,080,000  [/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]# 3  [/td][td]Germany:[/td][td]10,144,000  [/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]# 4  [/td][td]Ukraine:[/td][td]6,833,000  [/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]# 5  [/td][td]France:[/td][td]6,471,000  [/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]# 6  [/td][td]Saudi Arabia:[/td][td]6,361,000  [/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]# 7  [/td][td]Canada:[/td][td]6,106,000  [/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]# 8  [/td][td]India:[/td][td]5,700,000  [/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]# 9  [/td][td]United Kingdom:[/td][td]5,408,000  [/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]# 10  [/td][td]Spain:[/td][td]4,790,000  [/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]# 11  [/td][td]Australia:[/td][td]4,097,000  [/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]# 12  [/td][td]China:[/td][td]3,852,000  [/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]# 13  [/td][td]Pakistan:[/td][td]3,254,000  [/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]# 14  [/td][td]United Arab Emirates:[/td][td]3,212,000  [/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]# 15  [/td][td]Israel:[/td][td]2,661,000  [/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]# 16  [/td][td]Italy:[/td][td]2,519,000  [/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]# 17  [/td][td]Kazakhstan:[/td][td]2,502,000  [/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]# 18  [/td][td]Côte d'Ivoire:[/td][td]2,371,000  [/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]# 19  [/td][td]Jordan:[/td][td]2,225,000  [/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]# 20  [/td][td]Japan:[/td][td]2,048,000 [/td][/tr][/table]
And? I havent said people don't move over there, is THE country for inmigration and millions of people move over there every year... That doesn't make it a good country to live in, that was the point I was trying to make... I know that is really hard to discuss this because of pride, because obviously I don't like it over there and you do.

Why do people move here if it's not a good country to live in? How does that make sense? Why are they coming and staying here for? Endless torture and hardship? They left heaven for hell?

You're right that it's hard to discuss this. Again, more people come here and become citizens here (meaning they lived here for a long time and wanted to stay here). What gives?
LET ME GUESS.... they are brainwashed!!

Why do people move here if it's not a good country to live in? How does that make sense? Why are they coming and staying here for? Endless torture and hardship? They left heaven for hell?

You're right that it's hard to discuss this. Again, more people come here and become citizens here (meaning they lived here for a long time and wanted to stay here). What gives?
LET ME GUESS.... they are brainwashed!!

Originally Posted by ShaunHillFTW49

more people move to india than the UK.
India>UK

For tech jobs... probably.

Thanks for the definition btw.  I am used to my buddies using it as term for whites; but investigating the true definition, it looks like gringo is a derogatory term for ALL Americans in Latin America.  Funny part is this lame Nacho is probably 99.999% a mestizo, so that fool is the descendant of Latin American foreigners.
This ImNacho dude.....stop while you're ahead.

Originally Posted by ShaunHillFTW49

more people move to india than the UK.
India>UK

For tech jobs... probably.

Thanks for the definition btw.  I am used to my buddies using it as term for whites; but investigating the true definition, it looks like gringo is a derogatory term for ALL Americans in Latin America.  Funny part is this lame Nacho is probably 99.999% a mestizo, so that fool is the descendant of Latin American foreigners.
This ImNacho dude.....stop while you're ahead.

Back
Top Bottom