NTers NOT from the US, how do you view us Americans?

Originally Posted by ImNacho

Really, gringos need to go 'out there'... The world is much more nicer in other parts of the world...

If you want wealth and a multicultural country, go to Spain, minimun wage is over 700 euros a month, got every service covered like a rich man and you got arabs, africans, latinos and east europeans over there...

You want a secure and peaceful country, go to Costa Rica, people will treat you like a king evertwhere that you go, beatiful women, jamaican province, green and ecological...

You want a fun place to be, real people everywhere, excellent job oportunities and a great lifestyle (being young over here is
pimp.gif
) come to México...

And I'm just mentioning the places I've lived in...
Hate to be arrogant, but why is people from those three countries coming to America to find a better life? If you guys think were so arrogant, and complaining how we are, than why bother deal with the suppression that Americans give to immigrants? Rarely do you see people leave the U.S to other countries, but it's the other way around. People complain about the US, but even more people want to come here.  Im pretty sure quality of life in the USA isn't up to par to other countries, buy im pretty sure it's a lot better than a whole lot of countries.

Americans have to stop giving the celebrities the damn power they DONT deserve.

Pretty much if youre a A list celeb you can control the masses.

Americans have to stop giving the celebrities the damn power they DONT deserve.

Pretty much if youre a A list celeb you can control the masses.

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

I'm a born american and have resided in NYC for all 25 years of my life and I can tell you right now this whole thread is making america look bad and people are fulfilling the stereotype of us being ignorant, obnoxious, self-centered and just downright rude.

I love certain things about my city,state, and country but I know for sure that there are other parts of the world I would love to live in besides good old america.

In order for Americans to see how they look to outsiders they should really try and travel outside the medium sized box america really is.

It's one thing to be proud of where your from but it's totally another one to say something along the lines of "we're the best, ++*$ where your from"
This, ESPECIALLY the underlined bit.
The thing is that most Americans that I've met outside of the States are pretty well adjusted people, who have a good idea of what their country is about and how the rest of the world perceives them. 

Actually, NT members that I've dealt with personally are also really cool (not that I've ever discussed World/US politics with them, to be fair), but seriously about 75% of the posts in this thread immediately undermine any good views non-Americans might have about you guys. Is your national pride really that important to you that you turn a blind eye to your country's shortcomings? I'm proud of Holland, but at least I recognize and acknowledge the flaws our country has.

Oh and Diego, I really hope that you'll make it out of NY someday, maybe come to Amsterdam and see how people can take the time out to be courteous to tourists. 

Although I do really hope someone sends you off to one of our grimey neighbourhoods, then let's see how your NY-moxie helps you out.....
tired.gif
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

I'm a born american and have resided in NYC for all 25 years of my life and I can tell you right now this whole thread is making america look bad and people are fulfilling the stereotype of us being ignorant, obnoxious, self-centered and just downright rude.

I love certain things about my city,state, and country but I know for sure that there are other parts of the world I would love to live in besides good old america.

In order for Americans to see how they look to outsiders they should really try and travel outside the medium sized box america really is.

It's one thing to be proud of where your from but it's totally another one to say something along the lines of "we're the best, ++*$ where your from"
This, ESPECIALLY the underlined bit.
The thing is that most Americans that I've met outside of the States are pretty well adjusted people, who have a good idea of what their country is about and how the rest of the world perceives them. 

Actually, NT members that I've dealt with personally are also really cool (not that I've ever discussed World/US politics with them, to be fair), but seriously about 75% of the posts in this thread immediately undermine any good views non-Americans might have about you guys. Is your national pride really that important to you that you turn a blind eye to your country's shortcomings? I'm proud of Holland, but at least I recognize and acknowledge the flaws our country has.

Oh and Diego, I really hope that you'll make it out of NY someday, maybe come to Amsterdam and see how people can take the time out to be courteous to tourists. 

Although I do really hope someone sends you off to one of our grimey neighbourhoods, then let's see how your NY-moxie helps you out.....
tired.gif
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by Drunken Cow

Really, gringos need to go 'out there'... The world is much more nicer in other parts of the world...

If you want wealth and a multicultural country, go to Spain, minimun wage is over 700 euros a month, got every service covered like a rich man and you got arabs, africans, latinos and east europeans over there...

You want a secure and peaceful country, go to Costa Rica, people will treat you like a king evertwhere that you go, beatiful women, jamaican province, green and ecological...

You want a fun place to be, real people everywhere, excellent job oportunities and a great lifestyle (being young over here is
pimp.gif
) come to México...

Hate to be arrogant, but why is people from those three countries coming to America to find a better life? If you guys think were so arrogant, and complaining how we are, than why bother deal with the suppression that Americans give to immigrants? Rarely do you see people leave the U.S to other countries, but it's the other way around. People complain about the US, but even more people want to come here.  Im pretty sure quality of life in the USA isn't up to par to other countries, buy im pretty sure it's a lot better than a whole lot of countries.
Right here is a classic example of adding fuel to the fire through name calling and false assumptions on both sides.
People come to America for better opportunites but more that there are MORE opportunities for them here.  I don't see how if foreigners and immigrants view Americans as arrogant should stop them from coming over here...that idea just doesn't make any sense.  Foreigners and immigrants aren't necessarily complaining about the country...their complaining about the certain population within that country that fufill the stereotype of  "Team America..$%*! YEA!" type of mentality.  

Originally Posted by Drunken Cow

pimp.gif
) come to México...

Right here is a classic example of adding fuel to the fire through name calling and false assumptions on both sides.
People come to America for better opportunites but more that there are MORE opportunities for them here.  I don't see how if foreigners and immigrants view Americans as arrogant should stop them from coming over here...that idea just doesn't make any sense.  Foreigners and immigrants aren't necessarily complaining about the country...their complaining about the certain population within that country that fufill the stereotype of  "Team America..$%*! YEA!" type of mentality.  

Originally Posted by bijald0331

Why do people move here if it's not a good country to live in? How does that make sense? Why are they coming and staying here for? Endless torture and hardship? They left heaven for hell?

You're right that it's hard to discuss this. Again, more people come here and become citizens here (meaning they lived here for a long time and wanted to stay here). What gives?
LET ME GUESS.... they are brainwashed!!
laugh.gif
is this real life?

take the L nacho. Of course anyone with money will be straight in their native country but anyone can make here, anyone.

Originally Posted by bijald0331

Why do people move here if it's not a good country to live in? How does that make sense? Why are they coming and staying here for? Endless torture and hardship? They left heaven for hell?

You're right that it's hard to discuss this. Again, more people come here and become citizens here (meaning they lived here for a long time and wanted to stay here). What gives?
LET ME GUESS.... they are brainwashed!!
laugh.gif
is this real life?

take the L nacho. Of course anyone with money will be straight in their native country but anyone can make here, anyone.

Americans? Let my give my 2 cents...

Pros

*Friendly and outgoing
*Helpful
*Very excitable and fun
*Straight talking and direct

Cons
*Waaaaaay too materialistic
*Myopic and patriotic to the point of being pathological
*Often not very well educated or spoken but still pretend that they are. Or revel in ignorance too much
*Not as well travelled or culturaly aware like people from other countries
*Too racist to be believed

Americans? Let my give my 2 cents...

Pros

*Friendly and outgoing
*Helpful
*Very excitable and fun
*Straight talking and direct

Cons
*Waaaaaay too materialistic
*Myopic and patriotic to the point of being pathological
*Often not very well educated or spoken but still pretend that they are. Or revel in ignorance too much
*Not as well travelled or culturaly aware like people from other countries
*Too racist to be believed

Originally Posted by nikegirluk

(mistake me if im wrong, ive met around 30ish Americans randomly in my lifetime-so this is the impression ive got from them) I understand that Americans identify as 'American' but unless they are like second generation, an Afro-American/Asain etc will always identify as 'American' before anything else i.e In Britian if someone was to ask where are you from, 9/10 if their black (for example) they would say Im Nigerian/Ghanian/Jamaican etc... i always found this kind of strange

How can you even write this sentence with a straight face....you call that strange?
It prob didnt cross your mind the >200 years of struggle for freedom that Black Americans had to endure while at the same time loosing any ties to their heritage by the hands of the white man....

Black americans help BIULD america, therefore they should identify themselves as American before anything else

And im Nigerian-American 
pimp.gif

(mistake me if im wrong, ive met around 30ish Americans randomly in my lifetime-so this is the impression ive got from them) I understand that Americans identify as 'American' but unless they are like second generation, an Afro-American/Asain etc will always identify as 'American' before anything else i.e In Britian if someone was to ask where are you from, 9/10 if their black (for example) they would say Im Nigerian/Ghanian/Jamaican etc... i always found this kind of strange

How can you even write this sentence with a straight face....you call that strange?
It prob didnt cross your mind the >200 years of struggle for freedom that Black Americans had to endure while at the same time loosing any ties to their heritage by the hands of the white man....

Black americans help BIULD america, therefore they should identify themselves as American before anything else

And im Nigerian-American 
pimp.gif

And im Nigerian-American 
pimp.gif

And im Nigerian-American 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by 200biz

the reason i think i a lot of people hate us is because they only get to see the worst in us, the news isn't gonna show us doing something good

Originally Posted by 200biz

the reason i think i a lot of people hate us is because they only get to see the worst in us, the news isn't gonna show us doing something good

It's sad how a majority of you let your own inferior complexes and insecurities shape your view on us Americans. This thread is nothing more than a haven of stereotypes.

It's sad how a majority of you let your own inferior complexes and insecurities shape your view on us Americans. This thread is nothing more than a haven of stereotypes.

Back
Top Bottom