NTers NOT from the US, how do you view us Americans?

^there are truth to stereotypes.
I hate people that think stereotypes have no place... even the president has to be informed on stereotypes of other nations.

^there are truth to stereotypes.
I hate people that think stereotypes have no place... even the president has to be informed on stereotypes of other nations.

Originally Posted by Chonky Monk

You guys have adopted the name of the whole continent and applied it to your own country.

Mann, imagine if China decided to call themselves Asia, or France wanted to call themselves Europe.
The Nerve

seriously. We are the United States of AMERICA. Last time I checked this is AMERICA
typical salty +@% foreigner
eyes.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by Chonky Monk

You guys have adopted the name of the whole continent and applied it to your own country.

Mann, imagine if China decided to call themselves Asia, or France wanted to call themselves Europe.
The Nerve

seriously. We are the United States of AMERICA. Last time I checked this is AMERICA
typical salty +@% foreigner
eyes.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by SlimK4

Originally Posted by nikegirluk

(mistake me if im wrong, ive met around 30ish Americans randomly in my lifetime-so this is the impression ive got from them) I understand that Americans identify as 'American' but unless they are like second generation, an Afro-American/Asain etc will always identify as 'American' before anything else i.e In Britian if someone was to ask where are you from, 9/10 if their black (for example) they would say Im Nigerian/Ghanian/Jamaican etc... i always found this kind of strange

How can you even write this sentence with a straight face....you call that strange?
It prob didnt cross your mind the >200 years of struggle for freedom that Black Americans had to endure while at the same time loosing any ties to their heritage by the hands of the white man....

Black americans help BIULD america, therefore they should identify themselves as American before anything else

And im Nigerian-American 
pimp.gif
preach.jpg

Originally Posted by SlimK4

Originally Posted by nikegirluk

(mistake me if im wrong, ive met around 30ish Americans randomly in my lifetime-so this is the impression ive got from them) I understand that Americans identify as 'American' but unless they are like second generation, an Afro-American/Asain etc will always identify as 'American' before anything else i.e In Britian if someone was to ask where are you from, 9/10 if their black (for example) they would say Im Nigerian/Ghanian/Jamaican etc... i always found this kind of strange

How can you even write this sentence with a straight face....you call that strange?
It prob didnt cross your mind the >200 years of struggle for freedom that Black Americans had to endure while at the same time loosing any ties to their heritage by the hands of the white man....

Black americans help BIULD america, therefore they should identify themselves as American before anything else

And im Nigerian-American 
pimp.gif
preach.jpg

laugh.gif
 this thread is full of ignorance...

Americans aren't any more arrogant than the citizens of any other country... trust me pride is deep everywhere...to seriously generalize a whole nation based on a stereotype or a few random encounters shows YOUR ignorance and inability to explore more. Stereotypes can be applied at times for smaller groups but not a whole country.

It all depends on what kind of person you're dealing with not where they are from. There are rude and inconsiderate people across the globe.

laugh.gif
 this thread is full of ignorance...

Americans aren't any more arrogant than the citizens of any other country... trust me pride is deep everywhere...to seriously generalize a whole nation based on a stereotype or a few random encounters shows YOUR ignorance and inability to explore more. Stereotypes can be applied at times for smaller groups but not a whole country.

It all depends on what kind of person you're dealing with not where they are from. There are rude and inconsiderate people across the globe.

Sometimes I wish I lived in the States rather than Britain. I consume so much American culture that British stuff doesn't do it for me.

Sometimes I wish I lived in the States rather than Britain. I consume so much American culture that British stuff doesn't do it for me.

I think everybody trying to $$@% on our country is nuts. Do we have problems in our country? Yes. Is the amount of racism in our country ignorant? Yes. Are we materialistic? Yes. Are we arrogant? Yes. Are there a bunch of dumb people here? Yes. Are there people here who are ridiculously dumb for not wanting free healthcare? Yes. Do we interfere in other countries? Yes, but for our benefit.

But you know what, when you get down to it, our country is inhabited by and are the offspring of people who helped shape this world. Everybody that lives here, and everybody that begs to get in here, all have a shot at living the life that they want to live. We're not limited in what we want to achieve, what we want for ourselves, what we have around us, what we yearn for, and what is available to us. And because of these things, people view us as arrogant, stuck up, ignorant to the rest of the world, and full of ourselves. But to me, its like when a person is sitting and minding there own business, and people be like, "look at him, he think he the $$@%", no, I'm minding my own business, you think I'm the $$@%.

I mean just look at the advantages we have, surrounded by water, world strongest military, freedom, the ability to influence world culture, WE HAVE A BLACK PRESIDENT IN A COUNTRY THAT USED TO HANG PEOPLE THAT ARE BLACK PRESIDENTS, Our economy dictates what happens in other economies and countries, our people are an advantage, health care might be high, but Dammit we have the best in the world, the right to bear arms, the right to have the right, plus a bunch of other $$@%.

But at the core, "they mad cause we be styling on em"

I think everybody trying to $$@% on our country is nuts. Do we have problems in our country? Yes. Is the amount of racism in our country ignorant? Yes. Are we materialistic? Yes. Are we arrogant? Yes. Are there a bunch of dumb people here? Yes. Are there people here who are ridiculously dumb for not wanting free healthcare? Yes. Do we interfere in other countries? Yes, but for our benefit.

But you know what, when you get down to it, our country is inhabited by and are the offspring of people who helped shape this world. Everybody that lives here, and everybody that begs to get in here, all have a shot at living the life that they want to live. We're not limited in what we want to achieve, what we want for ourselves, what we have around us, what we yearn for, and what is available to us. And because of these things, people view us as arrogant, stuck up, ignorant to the rest of the world, and full of ourselves. But to me, its like when a person is sitting and minding there own business, and people be like, "look at him, he think he the $$@%", no, I'm minding my own business, you think I'm the $$@%.

I mean just look at the advantages we have, surrounded by water, world strongest military, freedom, the ability to influence world culture, WE HAVE A BLACK PRESIDENT IN A COUNTRY THAT USED TO HANG PEOPLE THAT ARE BLACK PRESIDENTS, Our economy dictates what happens in other economies and countries, our people are an advantage, health care might be high, but Dammit we have the best in the world, the right to bear arms, the right to have the right, plus a bunch of other $$@%.

Originally Posted by brettTHEjett

-21 to drink?
-Nascar? Driving in circles?
-Jump through hoops to get a gun but everyone has one?
-Arrested for having a joint?
-Being beaten up by cops?
-Violence in public areas?
-Terrorism threats?
-Fox news and CNN is your reliable source of information?
-College girls getting run train at frat parties?
-People showing up to school with guns and killing students?
-Walmart?
-McDonalds is the most cost effective lunch/dinner for most families?
-Broke your leg but can't get it fixed because you don't have $1000s sitting around?
-Most populated state had a Govner who knew how to bench press?

I could go on.... but it's definitely a unique place to live. The greatest? Well.. no organization is perfect
This made me
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

-21 to drink?
-Terrorism threats?
-Walmart?
-Broke your leg but can't get it fixed because you don't have $1000s sitting around?

I could go on.... but it's definitely a unique place to live. The greatest? Well.. no organization is perfect
This made me
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Cronicmolemolereturns

-21 to drink?
-Terrorism threats?
-Walmart?

This made me
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
First y'all say our whole country is unhealthy and then you get mad when a governor is in shape? What does that have to do with how he can run a state?

I can point out a whole lot more ignorant things in that one post too if you'd like

Originally Posted by Cronicmolemolereturns

-21 to drink?
-Terrorism threats?
-Walmart?

This made me
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
First y'all say our whole country is unhealthy and then you get mad when a governor is in shape? What does that have to do with how he can run a state?

I can point out a whole lot more ignorant things in that one post too if you'd like

Originally Posted by mYToAsterspeak

roll.gif
No one mad, Its just the fact that the United States steals all its resources or exploits countries and installs puppet regimes to control inflow and outflow of money and resources.

Originally Posted by mYToAsterspeak

roll.gif
No one mad, Its just the fact that the United States steals all its resources or exploits countries and installs puppet regimes to control inflow and outflow of money and resources.

1) Love your sports and entertainment
2) Love your big cities
3) Assume racism is still rampant in rural areas
4) Your health care sucks (for the average person)

Back
Top Bottom