NTers NOT from the US, how do you view us Americans?

1) Love your sports and entertainment
2) Love your big cities
3) Assume racism is still rampant in rural areas
4) Your health care sucks (for the average person)

Originally Posted by hod

Originally Posted by Cronicmolemolereturns

Originally Posted by brettTHEjett

-21 to drink?
-Nascar? Driving in circles?
-Jump through hoops to get a gun but everyone has one?
-Arrested for having a joint?
-Being beaten up by cops?
-Violence in public areas?
-Terrorism threats?
-Fox news and CNN is your reliable source of information?
-College girls getting run train at frat parties?
-People showing up to school with guns and killing students?
-Walmart?
-McDonalds is the most cost effective lunch/dinner for most families?
-Broke your leg but can't get it fixed because you don't have $1000s sitting around?
-Most populated state had a Govner who knew how to bench press?

I could go on.... but it's definitely a unique place to live. The greatest? Well.. no organization is perfect
This made me
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
First y'all say our whole country is unhealthy and then you get mad when a governor is in shape? What does that have to do with how he can run a state?

I can point out a whole lot more ignorant things in that one post too if you'd like

These are just cultural things relatively unique to America. 
They are also not-that-serious.

However, I'd entertain your explanation of ignorance.

Originally Posted by hod

Originally Posted by Cronicmolemolereturns

Originally Posted by brettTHEjett

-21 to drink?
-Nascar? Driving in circles?
-Jump through hoops to get a gun but everyone has one?
-Arrested for having a joint?
-Being beaten up by cops?
-Violence in public areas?
-Terrorism threats?
-Fox news and CNN is your reliable source of information?
-College girls getting run train at frat parties?
-People showing up to school with guns and killing students?
-Walmart?
-McDonalds is the most cost effective lunch/dinner for most families?
-Broke your leg but can't get it fixed because you don't have $1000s sitting around?
-Most populated state had a Govner who knew how to bench press?

I could go on.... but it's definitely a unique place to live. The greatest? Well.. no organization is perfect
This made me
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
First y'all say our whole country is unhealthy and then you get mad when a governor is in shape? What does that have to do with how he can run a state?

I can point out a whole lot more ignorant things in that one post too if you'd like

These are just cultural things relatively unique to America. 
They are also not-that-serious.

However, I'd entertain your explanation of ignorance.

Picking individual incidents for proof as to why America is bad=ignorant.
With the population size the way it is, crime will happen.

Should we say Canada:
-Beheadings on bus rides.

Should we say Canada:

Originally Posted by ShaunHillFTW49

Should we say Canada:

Please excuse me while I re-learn the English Language. At what point did I say America was "bad".
alien.gif

Originally Posted by ShaunHillFTW49

Should we say Canada:

Please excuse me while I re-learn the English Language. At what point did I say America was "bad".
alien.gif

Originally Posted by Rico x Hood

At the end of the day when all your countries have drama, political, economic, natural disaster, or whatever, who do you call? That's right, America. You take our money and any other support we give you, with pretty much no strings attached, you call us bullies. The hypocrisy and hate is strong. It's cool though. We don't do it for props.
This, right here is arrogance.

Son, do you really think every country asks for your help when something bad happens? Get outta here. You make it sound as if The States is the only country that comes to the aid of other countries. Get outta here. New Zealand, my country and a country of less than 5 million people, gives millions and millions of dollars to countries in need of it when something terrible happens. We send people over to support, we do everything in our power to help even when our entire population is less than half of NYC alone. You try to make it sound like the USA is the hero of the world. It's not.

Don't even get me started on the fact my city survived a 7.1 earthquake and didn't ask for a single cent of your money even when we have billions of dollars of damage, nor did we ask for money when we lost 29 miners in a mining explosion two weeks ago. It's time to get off your high horse.

While most American's I've met in real life and have talked to on here are pretty cool, there is one thing that stands out in my mind about you.

I pity you.

There. I said it. I feel sorry for your lack of good education at elementary and high school. I feel sorry for the fact that a lot of people don't know about the world, that there isn't a hunger to explore and discover. I feel sorry for the American's that have to put up with racism. I feel sorry for the large number of American's that are so very small minded, who don't have an idea of the bigger picture.

USA has it's pros, but for the above reasons, I will always remain steadfast in that New Zealand >>>>>>>>>>>>>> USA.

Originally Posted by Rico x Hood

At the end of the day when all your countries have drama, political, economic, natural disaster, or whatever, who do you call? That's right, America. You take our money and any other support we give you, with pretty much no strings attached, you call us bullies. The hypocrisy and hate is strong. It's cool though. We don't do it for props.

Son, do you really think every country asks for your help when something bad happens? Get outta here. You make it sound as if The States is the only country that comes to the aid of other countries. Get outta here. New Zealand, my country and a country of less than 5 million people, gives millions and millions of dollars to countries in need of it when something terrible happens. We send people over to support, we do everything in our power to help even when our entire population is less than half of NYC alone. You try to make it sound like the USA is the hero of the world. It's not.

Don't even get me started on the fact my city survived a 7.1 earthquake and didn't ask for a single cent of your money even when we have billions of dollars of damage, nor did we ask for money when we lost 29 miners in a mining explosion two weeks ago. It's time to get off your high horse.

While most American's I've met in real life and have talked to on here are pretty cool, there is one thing that stands out in my mind about you.

I pity you.

There. I said it. I feel sorry for your lack of good education at elementary and high school. I feel sorry for the fact that a lot of people don't know about the world, that there isn't a hunger to explore and discover. I feel sorry for the American's that have to put up with racism. I feel sorry for the large number of American's that are so very small minded, who don't have an idea of the bigger picture.

USA has it's pros, but for the above reasons, I will always remain steadfast in that New Zealand >>>>>>>>>>>>>> USA.

What's the general consensus on the American accent to non-Americans?  I've been told by some people that girls in other countries love our accent, but I've also been told that some people would shake their heads/not take us seriously for basically butchering their language in an attempt to communicate with them.  So I'm just curious about how our accent is perceived...

What's the general consensus on the American accent to non-Americans?  I've been told by some people that girls in other countries love our accent, but I've also been told that some people would shake their heads/not take us seriously for basically butchering their language in an attempt to communicate with them.  So I'm just curious about how our accent is perceived...

DanzInRealLife wrote:
Rico x Hood wrote:

I pity you.

haters_gonna_hate_obama-14261.jpg

DanzInRealLife wrote:
Rico x Hood wrote:

I pity you.

haters_gonna_hate_obama-14261.jpg

There is not a such thing as best nation of the world, there are just different nations with different cultures. Stop arguing whos the best, everybody is different. Only dumb people think their are best nation of the world.

There is not a such thing as best nation of the world, there are just different nations with different cultures. Stop arguing whos the best, everybody is different. Only dumb people think their are best nation of the world.

Originally Posted by doin90onthefreeway

walk down the streets in East LA or Compton or Watts and call those dudes "barbies". I'll pay u $500 to do it

nerd.gif

Originally Posted by doin90onthefreeway

walk down the streets in East LA or Compton or Watts and call those dudes "barbies". I'll pay u $500 to do it

nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom