• Warriors in 6

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Warriors in 7

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Save tonights game Bron has been equally as putrid down the stretch of these Finals games.

Not really when you consider context.

Lebron is playin 45+ minutes, with mostly one day rest against the best team in the NBA, and one of the most statistically dominant teams in the history of the league.

Russ was playing 40 minues against the rest of the NBA, while playing horrible defense, and turning it over a ton.

Lebron current play style offers the highest varrience, lowest possesion total and thus the most realistic chance for victory,.

its always going to be "my stats are more important because *insert meaningless text here*" when dudes are proven to be hypocrites 
roll.gif

West teams v East teams.

I think Russ coulda handled the 40 win Celtics, non scoring Bulls and overrated Hawks. *shrugs*

I'm fairly convinced at this point that very few people actually watched those Russ games especially down the stretch. Not only did he shoot his team out of games, he was worse than last years James Harden on defense.

and never mind the demoralizing effects of those quick shots, and end to end drives that led no where had on his teammates.

Eh, fairly sure I watched a lot of Russ. And while I do get what you're saying, and pace is something Bron controls better than Russ, its still 38% shooting with 40-12-12's. And Bron isn't exactly D'ing anyone important up, so really not seein the correlation.

And again, Russ didn't have the luxury of facing the East.

And your speculating OKC role guys are demoralized by Russ wild forrays to the paint, but Cleveland role guys are somehow inspired by left handed clanged 4 footers from LeBron or airballed 3 pointers.

Maybe Cleveland's role guys are just better than OKC's.

its always going to be "my stats are more important because *insert meaningless text here*" when dudes are proven to be hypocrites 
roll.gif
laugh.gif
 facts . lj just aint as great as his fans think he is period. no matter what he does theyll be some dumb built in excuse for him. 

roll.gif
laugh.gif
 facts . lj just aint as great as his fans think he is period. no matter what he does theyll be some dumb built in excuse for him. 
facts, Kobe is just much better than Lebron.

He wouldn't fade late in games like Lebbywinks does.

roll.gif
laugh.gif
facts, Kobe is just much better than Lebron.

He wouldn't fade late in games like Lebbywinks does.
tbh he would mostly fade late in games unless he takes it to the hole

Eh, fairly sure I watched a lot of Russ. And while I do get what you're saying, and pace is something Bron controls better than Russ, its still 38% shooting with 40-12-12's. And Bron isn't exactly D'ing anyone important up, so really not seein the correlation.

And your speculating OKC role guys are demoralized by Russ wild forrays to the paint, but Cleveland role guys are somehow inspired by left handed clanged 4 footers from LeBron or airballed 3 pointers.

Russ was actively harmful, blowing rotations taking insane gambles for steals. Lebron James while isn't tasked with locking someone up, is disciplined and generally in the right place. also his size offeres rim protection that Russ doesn't.

Russ is secretly a horrible defender but somehow has avoided the critism that harden gets.

I think criticism of the way he played against the hawks and bulls is fair but this series I think this offers the only shot for victory.

I thought the Cavs had zero chance, so im shocked any time the game is close.

[quote name="sea manup"]what would be your #1 tip for keeping kids engaged? i gotta keep 25 highschoolers entertained and learning at our summer camp next month [/quote]Structure
Stimulation
Smiles
Security

Give a kid of any age those 4 Ss and the rest just falls into place.

Security: Spend your energy making kids feel secure with you, that you have control of what's going on, that they are in good hands.

Stimulation: kids NATURALLY have a desire to learn more and more and more. Learning about social cues. Learning about planetary alignment. Learning about cars and fashion and finances. Stimulate their minds; it is literally as important as feeding them.

Structure: kids VALUE things like schedules and routines, for the first explanation I gave. It lets then know that everything is in control. A healthy child will usually appreciate homework time because they have an understanding that if there's homework time, there must also be a playtime.

Smiles: there are so many psychological benefits to smiling and laughing. Provide this to a kid, or anyone, and you've given something that mpney simply can't purchase or provide. "People won't always remember what you say or do, but they will always remember how you made them feel." Make them smile. :smile:

I know you asked for 1 thing, but that's the best I could do. :lol:

Russ was actively harmful, blowing rotations taking insane gambles for steals. Lebron James while isn't tasked with locking someone up, is disciplined and generally in the right place. also his size offeres rim protection that Russ doesn't.

Russ is secretly a horrible defender but somehow has avoided the critism that harden gets.

I think criticism of the way he played against the hawks and bulls is fair but this series I think this offers the only shot for victory.

I thought the Cavs had zero chance, so im shocked any time the game is close.

Those are fair points, I'll accept that.

[quote name="8tothe24"]I'm happy with myself![/quote]*calls someone ELSE self-absorbed* :lol: That's what's up. :lol:

Originally Posted by sea manup  
what would be your #1 tip for keeping kids engaged? i gotta keep 25 highschoolers entertained and learning at our summer camp next month 
Structure
Stimulation
Smiles
Security

Give a kid of any age those 4 Ss and the rest just falls into place.

Security: Spend your energy making kids feel secure with you, that you have control of what's going on, that they are in good hands.

Stimulation: kids NATURALLY have a desire to learn more and more and more. Learning about social cues. Learning about planetary alignment. Learning about cars and fashion and finances. Stimulate their minds; it is literally as important as feeding them.

Structure: kids VALUE things like schedules and routines, for the first explanation I gave. It lets then know that everything is in control. A healthy child will usually appreciate homework time because they have an understanding that if there's homework time, there must also be a playtime.

Smiles: there are so many psychological benefits to smiling and laughing. Provide this to a kid, or anyone, and you've given something that mpney simply can't purchase or provide. "People won't always remember what you say or do, but they will always remember how you made them feel." Make them smile.
smile.gif

I know you asked for 1 thing, but that's the best I could do.
laugh.gif
i should have stimulation and structure covered (of course there's always room to look back and improve when its all done)

most of my lesson planning is encouraging participation and active thinking rather than lecturing. 

gotta work on security and smiles but that's more of something that I'll pick up from experience. 

thank's for the tips though 

[quote name="sea manup"]most of my lesson planning is encouraging participation and active thinking rather than lecturing. 

gotta work on security and smiles but that's more of something that I'll pick up from experience. 

[/quote]Give them choices. Make them part of some of the decisions.

Easiest way to engage a group or an individual: make then feel like a part of the process.

Last edited:
With the frenetic abandon that russ plays with, if he switched places with lebron the warriors would absolutely destroy the cavs. 4-0 by 20 plus.

But then again, I don't think a russ wess led team would have defeated the bulls or the hawks anyway. A russ west led team would be a lower tier playoff team in the east, and a non playoff team in the west

If you look at just the numbers, then yeah "russ wes was doing the same thing lebron is doing but yall killed him for it!" But its deeper than that. In my opinion, quality of shot matters and the fact that bron is taking most of his shots with under 10 on the timer and it being close to the rim is a relatively high quality shot for the cavs, given the circumstances for the cavs.

All 15-34 shooting games are not created equal, especially against a team as great as gsw

Originally Posted by sea manup  
most of my lesson planning is encouraging participation and active thinking rather than lecturing. 

Give then choices. Make then part of some of the decisions.

Easiest way to engage a group or an individual: make then feel like a part of the process.
yup, its a week long camp and they slowly get more decision making power as the camp goes on

starts off with everyone doing about the same thing to learn the basics and ends with being able to create their own projects using the skills and materials they have gained over the past 3 days

gotta put kids in a position where they want to learn something because they see value in the end result rather than throwing facts at them without giving them a reason why 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom