NFL Week 4 In Review...

Sherman wasn't even lined up against johnson half the time. Johnson saw alot of WT3, Browner, and Cam also. I only remember 3 receptions johnson had on Sherman

Sherman wasn't even lined up against johnson half the time. Johnson saw alot of WT3, Browner, and Cam also. I only remember 3 receptions johnson had on Sherman

That's not a positive for Sherman. I used to argue all day with Gunna in who was better: Asomugha or Revis....one of the consistent criticisms of Asomugha was that he didn't always cover the #1 receiver. So whether Dre was placed on the opposite side of the field, it shouldn't matter. Best cover man on the best receiver. That's what Revis does.

Anyone who thinks Washington had a good game defensively wasn't watching the game. Matt Flynn will help you stop the Raiders offense.

RG3 didn't look great either.

Huh?

7 sacks and 2 TOs is a good game. Considering how poor the team has played in the previous 3 weeks, what they did yesterday was a HUGE improvement.

Only thing the Raiders had going for them was that chola going HAM in the box seats after the TD.

Last edited:
They are in the same category based on their careers. 3 dudes that haven't won ****, probably never will win **** and when you really need 'em they'll screw it up somehow.

Ok, so they aren't in the same category if we are talking strictly about this season, correct? You mentioned careers, and although I'm a firm believer in football being the ultimate team sport, we can single handedly put the blame on all three not winning "****" if you want. But Romo hasn't done anything this year to the extent as those other two have which have caused their team to lose. Again, he's only thrown one INT all season, which you can attribute to Terrance Williams running the wrong route.

That's not a positive for Sherman. I used to argue all day with Gunna in who was better: Asomugha or Revis....one of the consistent criticisms of Asomugha was that he didn't always cover the #1 receiver. So whether Dre was placed on the opposite side of the field, it shouldn't matter. Best cover man on the best receiver. That's what Revis does.

not his fault they kept putting johnson in packages to get a CB in his favor

Whatever the case...Revis is on the #1 WR all day. Sherman is not. At least PP lined up with Megatron all game long...even though Megatron won that matchup.

Btw, has anyone ever seen Joe Haden get worked? I haven't.

Cash: Norv Turner is meant to be a good OC, not HC in any capacity.

AG: I learned Gunna is incredibly harsh on Nnamdi's Oakland years. IMO, Nnamdi took the CB crown briefly from Champ. For a year or two in Oakland.

Nnamdi has probably swung the perception pendulum too far the other way by being so bad in Philly. He was outstanding in Oakland.

Whatever the case...Revis is on the #1 WR all day. Sherman is not. At least PP lined up with Megatron all game long...even though Megatron won that matchup.

Btw, has anyone ever seen Joe Haden get worked? I haven't.

and you don't think the Zone scheme had anything to do with it also?

Champ: I agree with you. He had a two year stretch of dominance that rival ANY CB's play. Gunna even said he'd take Asante Samuels over him at one point smh. It's funny looking back on those arguments...I can see his point, but I'd still take Asomugha during those select years.

and you don't think the Zone scheme had anything to do with it also?

Sure. The defensive scheme plays a factor, but you said..."Johnson saw alot of WT3, Browner, and Cam also." I assumed you meant Man Coverage, but it seems you mean Dre was just in the other DB's zones throughout the game.

Again though, when Revis was with the Jets, he shadowed the best CB all game long. Those New York teams played zone. Just like I'm sure the Cardinals play zone defense and the Browns play zone defense. Obviously the defensive schemes for Seattle are effective and they work, but that doesn't make the strongest argument for Richard Sherman over say Revis or Haden IMO.

If I had to list them in order...

Revis
Haden
Sherm
PP
Peanut

Honorable Mention: Jonathan Joseph

Champ, we'll get to see Talib against AJ this weekend. Should be a really good measuring stick for him.

They are in the same category based on their careers. 3 dudes that haven't won ****, probably never will win **** and when you really need 'em they'll screw it up somehow.

Ok, so they aren't in the same category if we are talking strictly about this season, correct? You mentioned careers, and although I'm a firm believer in football being the ultimate team sport, we can single handedly put the blame on all three not winning "****" if you want. But Romo hasn't done anything this year to the extent as those other two have which have caused their team to lose. Again, he's only thrown one INT all season, which you can attribute to Terrance Williams running the wrong route.

You're right Romo hasn't done anything as bad YET. He'll put up some real good #'s but just like Cutler and Schaub you can't trust him. Is it all his fault? Of course not but he's been part of the problem in Dallas for years. 4 regular season games doesn't change that.

Last edited:
Anyone who thinks Washington had a good game defensively wasn't watching the game. Matt Flynn will help you stop the Raiders offense.

RG3 didn't look great either.

Huh?

7 sacks and 2 TOs is a good game. Considering how poor the team has played in the previous 3 weeks, what they did yesterday was a HUGE improvement.

Only thing the Raiders had going for them was that chola going HAM in the box seats after the TD.

Seven sacks that didn't come from the Skins pressure so much as Flynn holding onto the ball when he should have been throwing, not seeing pressure when it rushing right in front of him, and having generally terrible pocket presence. The first turnover came from him holding on too long (which isn't something Washington was forcing; Flynn showed these terrible qualities in the pre-season too), and the second came on the last possession of the game for the Raiders, when it was essentially over and he lost grip of the football trying to leap on 4th and 1.

I'll take back that Washington didn't have a good game defensively. I'll say instead that ANY team would have had a good game defensively against Matt Flynn and that Washington happened to benefit having him behind center rather than Pryor.

Cutler, Schaub, and Romo are all the same. Each have padded stats while throwing embarrassing, mind-numbing interceptions at the wrong times for years.

This is honestly the year for one of the three to emerge from the pack.

NFC East is weaker than McLovin.

AFC has no legitimate contenders outside of NE and Denver.

Chicago should be better than Detroit despite Sunday. Green Bay reeling from a poor start.

This is honestly the year for one of the three to emerge from the pack.

NFC East is weaker than McLovin.

AFC has no legitimate contenders outside of NE and Denver.

Chicago should be better than Detroit despite Sunday. Green Bay reeling from a poor start.

:lol:

What does the Chicago Bears do better than the Detroit Lions?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom