NFL Week 4 In Review...

Peep: For me, the one special trait Romo possesses second to only Ben is escapability. Keeps plays alive despite poor OL play. Throws well under pressure, on the run.

Ok, well I can definitely see that, which is why all those Favre comparisons are pretty spot on. Not sure if I've ever consistently seen Cutler not having a crappy o-line, or at least not in Chicago

Those Dallas O-Line's when Romo was at his peak moving around the pocket were just as bad I think is what he's getting at. Cutler can never do that.

I know it was Megatron but PP got torched... you say he gets credit for following the number 1 wr everywhere? lol thats like saying "well at least you tried" naw forget that....

IF you get torched you arent elite... Haden, Sherman and Revis have yet to be torched...

PP is close tho not gonna lie, dude is legit.. lets throw PP and Talib in that tier 2 category by themselves lol

I know it was Megatron but PP got torched... you say he gets credit for following the number 1 wr everywhere? lol thats like saying "well at least you tried" naw forget that....

IF you get torched you arent elite... Haden, Sherman and Revis have yet to be torched...

PP is close tho not gonna lie, dude is legit.. lets throw PP and Talib in that tier 2 category by themselves lol

Titus Young's crazy *** poured lighter fluid on and ignited a blow torch on Richard Sherman last year.

Unless you are only taking these 4 games to start the season all those dudes have been cooked at some point.

Revis caught some work from Fitz on Sunday as well.

Last edited:
Titus Young cooked Marcus Trufant last year

and yes...everybody gets torched

Watch at 4:38

Unless Marcus Trufant's jersey magically turned into a 25 with Sherman on the back he got absolutely fried.

You would have been better off blaming it on the safety. :lol:

Last edited:
The new NFL doesn't allow corners to be as physical on the press at the LOS and beyond. I'd hate to be a corner in today's league. Bless your heart, Jabrill Peppers.

Last edited:
Looks similar to when Roddy got him last year

Kam blew his coverage in the zone

I will say...Dre's first catch yesterday he had Sherm's knees buckling on a double move :smh:

Last edited:
Looks similar to when Roddy got him last year

Kam blew his coverage in the zone

I will say...Dre's first catch yesterday he had Sherm's knees buckling on a double move :smh:

Dude should have never let Titus get outside leverage if it was Kam's responsibility, He should have rerouted him inside. He didn't get a hand on him and got ran smoove past and torched.

I refuse to believe that Seattle's D coordinator would draw up a defense where a semi decent WR would be allowed a free release on a Kam Chancellor of all people.

Last edited:
True Sherman shouldnt have let him get outside..he got him

Still dont know what Kam was doing there...Kam is far from a stud in coverage

was it officialy norv turner fault in san diego? philip rivers balling

The plays are in someway the same in terms of the shotgun, just the names and terminology are completely different. However with norv, phil had about a 3 play package, and his scouting of the defense at the LOS he had his choice of one of the 3 plays norv had picked for him. Often if neither worked he would time out his way out of them or chose the play to pose the smallest risk.

Under mcCoy, he has the freedom in the hurry up offense to call WHATEVER play he wants, and he is not limited to a 2 or 3 play package. Ken has a lot of confidence in Rivers and that has totally opened up the playcalling and shown his smarts.

In the back of my mind I knew we weren't going to win this game. We aren't ready to compete with a heavyweight like the Saints on MNF, especially not in the Super Dome. We have a long way to go, but I'm optimistic. 3-1 after Week 4 is worlds better than what I expected, and next week we face a very beatable Ravens team.

Last edited:
my boy Talib isnt getting any love for his play this season ? leading the league in picks and had that boy Julio on lock Sunday

hes playing at a top 5 level . probably not top 3 ; but top 5 IMO

Last edited:
Patrick Peterson straight up isn't an elite cover corner yet. Anyone who claims that doesn't watch the games (probably most of you don't watch Arizona) and is just getting gassed up on his playmaking ability and draft status.

Agreed, Peterson will be there soon enough but his game-to-game cover skills just aren't consistent enough yet. Anyone who watched Revis on Fitz Sunday should know Revis is still no. 1 especially as he continues to get his legs under him.

1. Revis
2. Haden
3. Sherman

Joe Haden is a great player. I still put Sherman over Revis, but that's the top 3 in some order.

Joe Haden got torched by Mike Williams when both of them were rookies. I highly doubt that's the only receiver that ever went off on him. He is one of the best in the game today though.

Crabtree abuses PP every game they play each other. PP is a tier below these other guys.

Joe Haden got torched by Mike Williams when both of them were rookies. I highly doubt that's the only receiver that ever went off on him. He is one of the best in the game today though.

Every CB gets beat in today's NFL. I think we can all agree on that.

Every CB gets beat in today's NFL. I think we can all agree on that.

Last edited:
I got a pair of the same ones Talib has on from TJ Maxx a few weeks ago for 12 bucks. It was the only pair they had and it was an XL...not sure what they were doing in there.

I got a pair of the same ones Talib has on from TJ Maxx a few weeks ago for 12 bucks. It was the only pair they had and it was an XL...not sure what they were doing in there.

i think i wore that same pair through high school

The plays are in someway the same in terms of the shotgun, just the names and terminology are completely different. However with norv, phil had about a 3 play package, and his scouting of the defense at the LOS he had his choice of one of the 3 plays norv had picked for him. Often if neither worked he would time out his way out of them or chose the play to pose the smallest risk.

Under mcCoy, he has the freedom in the hurry up offense to call WHATEVER play he wants, and he is not limited to a 2 or 3 play package. Ken has a lot of confidence in Rivers and that has totally opened up the playcalling and shown his smarts.

to add to that... Rivers is actually getting "some" protection this year with this makeshift O-line. Through 4 games, his INT's are significantly lower as are his sacks.

I've been saying all along through these last few years, he NEEDS to be protected just like any other QB. I still had faith in him, he just needed blocking.

- Great weekend for me. Bolts win and I finally win the weekly football pool at work with NO/MIA in a high scoring game last night. :pimp:

- Denver :x

- PRESIDENT BUSH cooking in Detroit! :pimp:

- i was in shock when Tom fumbled that 4th down play to seal the game on Sunday Night. Almost couldn't believe that was Brady. NE still pulled it off though...

- Enjoy Peyton and Tom while we're still able to watch them.

Back
Top Bottom