NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Plus his wife is bringing in millions. He ain't sacrificing a damn thing.
Pre-firing my backup ammunition brah chill!
laugh.gif

Dudes made over 100M career not including sponsorships and yes, his wife makes way more than him to begin with.

He's taking less money than he's worth but it's "more" guaranteed. They can't take that money away from him unless he gets cut for sucking (99.9% that won't happen). Protected against injury and everything else.

Wouldn't be surprised if they tweaked that deal again in a few years.

Not the first time someone in the NFL restructured their contract that way...won't be the last. Don't see what the big deal is.

brady isn't making less...but it's still a solid move on his part. not the first time he's done it.

Ben and other Steelers working on restructures now. I'm sure the media will be all over it like this one

Some people are going to criticize him if he asks for too much money and the Ravens aren't able to keep some of their other important pieces such as Jacoby and Boldin.

"Brady cared about the team and winning by taking less money... Flacco only cared about his pocket."

^Will be said by plenty of NT'ers in upcoming 2013 season threads if it happens. :lol:

I'm not saying it...just answering your question. :smile:

"I really do just want to win, and that has and will continue to be the reason that motivates me and is the biggest factor in my decision-making process," he wrote in an email to WEEI host John Dennis, who was hoping to get Brady to call into Wednesday morning's show.

"I dont want to talk about this on the radio or anywhere else for that matter," Brady wrote, according to WEEI "athletes are always talking about money at a time when everyone else is struggling so badly to make it. We all make way more than our fair share. And I just think it reflects poorly on myself and my teammates."

Last edited:
If the chiefs gave up a 2nd rounder for Alex smith
mean.gif
mean.gif

Reid's an idiot
mean.gif
you gotta be Fin kidding me..

if reid is trying to do exactly what he did with the philly offense, smith is going to fail..

reid's offense worked with the 'backup' guys because he scaled things back and actually used his running backs

A 2nd rounder for a player that was potentially going to get cut, that's horrible anyway slice it.

4th rounder, maybe a 3rd TOPs.

Or a low pick with incentives on it.

:smh: chiefs

The 9ers have 97 draft picks this year now.

Do they flip those picks to get Revis AND Harvin? :nerd: :nerd: :nerd:

San Fran goes 11-4-1, makes the Super Bowl and has 5 of the first 93 picks.

The Chiefs have 2 of the first 93. And Alex Smith. :lol:

Last edited:
How's the 9ers cap looking?

Regis wants to get paid. He isn't taking a discount.

Plus y'all gonna have to pay Kap after next season and Aldon as well.

Dont get it twisted, I dont think Alex Smith is that good of a quarterback.....but he is light years better than what the Cheifs were rolling out there last year. The Chiefs improved today. Dont know why that is a reason for a Raider fan to celebrate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom