NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meanwhile, Revis wants every penny he can get. :pimp:

**** you Tom, go away *******. :lol: Props to him tho, was hopin he'd be gone in 2 years or so.

One of us in the AFC East needs to sign Pollard, then after facing NE, trade him to another team within the division. :nerd:

Last edited:
Unfortunately, I think Danny is gone. See him fielding a better offer elsewhere, and rightfully so....... :smh:

Hope I am wrong but with Vereen coming on end of last year and giving Jeff Demps decent money to sign, think those things point to Woodhead bouncing.

He just always seemed to make key plays and probably the best they got in blitz pickup/ pass protection protection.

Reminds me of Kevin Faulk. Hopefully they see him like that.

Can't believe I just wrote this much about Danny Woodhead.

**** my life...:stoneface: .........

Last edited:
Thats unbelieveable. He really is the most underpaid player in the NFL and the most unselfish. Making 9 mill a year when Brees will be making 26..... less than half of what a superstar QB is work. Props to you Tom Brady.
not saying your wrong, but we all know how funny NFL contracts are....

i think it has some funny language, some fine print if you will, that shells out ALOT of money ...it may be incentives, it may be bonuses, but im willing to bet he nets more than 9m per year...

this is the league, and i know hes flooded in endorsements...but this is the NFL..dudes dont turn down $$$ often..

Thats unbelieveable. He really is the most underpaid player in the NFL and the most unselfish. Making 9 mill a year when Brees will be making 26..... less than half of what a superstar QB is work. Props to you Tom Brady.
not saying your wrong, but we all know how funny NFL contracts are....

i think it has some funny language, some fine print if you will, that shells out ALOT of money ...it may be incentives, it may be bonuses, but im willing to bet he nets more than 9m per year...

this is the league, and i know hes flooded in endorsements...but this is the NFL..dudes dont turn down $$$ often..

All of this....as well as what I posted above. Tom Brady is an all time great, but I dont think that this whole "I cant believe how unselfish he is" type talk is really all that warranted. Given the circumstances, I feel like an overwhelming majority of people/athletes would do the exact same thing.

Bryant was booked at 9:24 a.m. ET into Miami-Dade County jail on $1,000 bail, the reports said, citing facility records.

Following initial reports of the arrest, it was unclear whether the Cowboys' Dez Bryant had again landed himself in offseason legal trouble.

But Dez Bryant was quick to address the stir early Sunday morning via Twitter.

"Ooo (expletive) false rumors about jail?" Dez Bryant tweeted. "Lol I was working out at 2 something in the morning in Dallas tx."
laugh.gif

Didn't know Desmond went to Harvard, either.

Not sure if you are just trying to be funny, or you are just ill informed. Alex Smith does the opposite of ignoring his running backs. Its his receivers who are ignored. He is notorious for locking onto short routes and ignoring the longer ones.

not sure if your trying to be funny, or just have no idea what your talking about.

i was talking about ARs refusal to run Shady last season.

Not sure if you are just trying to be funny, or you are just ill informed. Alex Smith does the opposite of ignoring his running backs. Its his receivers who are ignored. He is notorious for locking onto short routes and ignoring the longer ones.

not sure if your trying to be funny, or just have no idea what your talking about.

Well if you were talking about AR, maybe you should have said that. Seeing as how we were in the middle of speaking about Alex Smith when you posted that comment, I dont see how you expect people to determine that you were talking about Reid and not Smith.

Well if you were talking about AR, maybe you should have said that. Seeing as how we were in the middle of speaking about Alex Smith when you posted that comment, I dont see how you expect people to determine that you were talking about Reid and not Smith.

Ahh shut up freaking cry baby.

Soon as I read MMG post I knew he was talking about Coach Reid and I had only read the last page to start off with.

Ahh shut up freaking cry baby.

Soon as I read MMG post I knew he was talking about Coach Reid and I had only read the last page to start off with.
as did i...

but speaking of alex smith..im hearing alot of contradicting reports that a deal isnt actually in place, that it was a smoke screen from san fran...

Bryant was booked at 9:24 a.m. ET into Miami-Dade County jail on $1,000 bail, the reports said, citing facility records.

Following initial reports of the arrest, it was unclear whether the Cowboys' Dez Bryant had again landed himself in offseason legal trouble.

But Dez Bryant was quick to address the stir early Sunday morning via Twitter.

"Ooo (expletive) false rumors about jail?" Dez Bryant tweeted. "Lol I was working out at 2 something in the morning in Dallas tx."

:lol:

Didn't know Desmond went to Harvard, either.

Reporter had him mixed up with the raider player; didn't even fact-check. I hate how they have it out for my guy, same thing with underreporting the night he stayed out late for his birthday and notified the team. :smh:

He's staying out of trouble though and seems real focused. gonna be a problem. :smokin NT called him a bust :lol:

Last edited:
Just feels right that Tom Brady will play his whole career in New England. :pimp:

He'll be 40 and a half when that contract runs out. :lol:

my cousin who also went to harvard went to school with desmond bryant. i gotta hit him up :lol:

:rofl: at that mugshot

Props to Brady for reworking his contract & giving the Pats that much more flexibility... He's definitely underpaid, but you gotta respect him being that unselfish.

Desmond Bryant's mug shot :wow: :rofl:

Props to Brady for reworking his contract & giving the Pats that much more flexibility... He's definitely underpaid, but you gotta respect him being that unselfish.

Desmond Bryant's mug shot :wow: :rofl:

You know he's still going to get his money in signing bonuses :lol:

I hope yall know that Brady's "restructuring" isn't quite the "sacrifice" that people making it out to be.
laugh.gif

Brady's salaries for 2015, 2016 and 2017 are $7 million, $8 million and $9 million, respectively, and are fully guaranteed for injury only, which means that if Brady is released because of an injury, he will still be paid that money. In the unlikely event that he were released due to skill considerations, he would not be paid that money.

[h4]Mike and Mike in the Morning[/h4]
Mike Greenberg and Mike Golic react to the contract extension that Tom Brady signed with the Patriots. Should more athletes take less money in order to help their teams?

More Podcasts »

Regarding Brady's salary cap charges, the breakdown is as follows:

2013: $13.8 million

2014: $14.8 million

2015: $13 million

2016: $14 million

2017: $15 million

The new contract also provides Brady more financial protection in the event he suffers a career-ending injury in 2013, increasing the money guaranteed to him from $25 million to $57 million. Brady has already suffered one catastrophic injury in his career, at the beginning of the 2008 season.
Dudes got an insurance policy... Doesn't have to play a down of his last 3 years and He'll still get that $42M that is owed over that time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom