NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Charles Woodson is about to be released. Saw this one coming. That should free up a ton of cap room.
let him finish his career in dallas at safety...word to rod woodson...

the move to the tampa 2 will keep him as the deep man, not near the los as much..hopefully thatll keep him healthy...

and isnt dude 2 years removed from a dpoy?? EXACTLY what dallas needs in the tampa 2.....do it jerry

Nope, no way. Barry church already showed off some nice closing speed and wrapping up, and at this point >>>>>>>> Woodson.
Plus he's younger and our cap situation is already stretched thin. I'd rather pick up Phillip Buchanon over Woodson. He had the the run down the
RB/WR from behind game and punch it out down to a science. And I'm pretty sure you meant darren (except that he started and ended with the Boys); Rod
never played for The cowboys.

Come to Houston Charles nerd.gif better shot than the girls down in Dallas nerd.gif

:lol: If he's the answer...

I really think Austin Collie may as well be Laurent Robinson at this point, dude just can't catch a break

:lol: Titus

Apparently Vikings have "no interest" in trading Percy :nerd:

And during the 14-15 season they'll play at the gophers stadium while their stadium is being constructed :nerd:

Translation = "We don't really want to trade him so hopefully we'll work through our differences, but if the right package comes along...He gone."

They can ask all they want, but teams will come back with his potential attitude problems, but mainly, that he's only got one year left on his deal so any team in the running would risk having Percy only for a year before he hits the FA market. It's why a 2nd round pick is more likely. I'm sure it's why Minnesota is much more reluctant to deal him.

Realistically what can they ask for him? A 1st?
a first?

images

i completely agree with the eagles on this.. IF we trade foles to the chiefs, then that means they are more likely to go joeckel at 1.. a player i hope is on the top of the eagles board
[h1] [/h1][h1]Report: Eagles set Foles price at first- or second-rounder[/h1]

[h6]+ Share[/h6]

[h4]By Chris Wesseling[/h4][h4]Published: February 15, 2013 at 6:21 PM[/h4]

If new Kansas City Chiefs coach Andy Reid has designs on reuniting with Nick Foles, he's going to have to knock the socks off of the Philadelphia Eagles with a big-time offer.

NFL sources tell The Associated Press that the Eagles have yet to discuss trading Foles and would require a first- or second-round pick to even consider it. The Philadelphia Daily News offers a similar report from its own source, maintaining that not only is the team not looking to deal Foles, but that they want to keep him.

Savvy readers may ask how the Eagles could set the price at an early-round pick if the front office has yet to even volley the idea of a Foles trade. It doesn't compute.

A more likely scenario is that the team's brass has taken note of Reid's interest and has set the asking price accordingly high. It's standard operating procedure for the Eagles, who originally set the price on Donovan McNabb at a pair of first-rounders in 2010 before settling for two lesser picks.

If Reid truly believes Foles is the quarterback solution in Kansas City, he should be willing to part with a second-round pick. The question is whether Reid's conviction is considerably stronger on Foles than other options such as Alex Smith or Matt Flynn.

http://m.nfl.com/news/0ap1000000139703/

eagles would be dumb to say no to a third
from any other team than the chiefs.. to the chiefs, i would have to think long and hard about it (since their 3rd round pick is essentially the last pick of the 2nd.. since the saints lost their pick and one other team made a supplemental draft pick)

TO THE CHIEFS, i would want either:

a) their 2nd this year OR

b) their 3rd and a conditional future pick (which obviously escalates based on playing time and performance)

as mentioned above, by us trade foles to chiefs we would make it more likely that they would take joeckel with the 1st overall pick (so potentially having a negative impact on our own draft)

also, foles should have more value to the chiefs since he would already be familiar with what reid wants to do

Last edited:
I really think Austin Collie may as well be Laurent Robinson at this point, dude just can't catch a break

laugh.gif
Titus
laurent robinson..lol..def wasnt expecting to see that name today.  
roll.gif
 him and romo together = 
nthat.gif

3rd or 4th is more realistic.
exactly what i was thinking...even a 3rd rounder seems like a reach to me...

i see in philly the more things change the more they stay the same....aint nobody coming close to a 2nd round for that dude...

@gms - ill take u and fraij word on chuck...in my scenario i had him partnered with barry, and sensabaugh as the odd man out...but if he plays at the los better, hes basically barry church..let my fandom blind me on chuck, dude is one of my favs....were gonna need to upgrade at safety tho, so i think gerald will be a cap casualty..he doesnt have enough range to play deep in that tampa 2..and our front 7 isnt as good as chicagos, thats basically how they got away with being so good without very good safeties..

Last edited:
Foles wasn't even good, and that price seems way too high with Flynn and Smith on the market. I don't see Reid doing that, it's wishful thinking on the Eagle's part.

Charles Woodson is about to be released. Saw this one coming. That should free up a ton of cap room.
let him finish his career in dallas at safety...word to rod woodson...

the move to the tampa 2 will keep him as the deep man, not near the los as much..hopefully thatll keep him healthy...

and isnt dude 2 years removed from a dpoy?? EXACTLY what dallas needs in the tampa 2.....do it jerry

X2

Foles wasn't even good, and that price seems way too high with Flynn and Smith on the market. I don't see Reid doing that, it's wishful thinking on the Eagle's part.
all depends on what reid thinks of him..

foles played less than half the season and had 1,699 passing yards.. and everyone who watched an eagles game last year, should know how poor our Oline was (tends to happen when 5 out of your 6 starters go down.. especially when it's both tackles and our center)

but the fact remains, the chiefs pick before the eagles.. and by trading foles to the chiefs, the eagles could negatively impact our own pick(s).. if the chiefs trade us their 3rd, then they obviously they wouldn't draft a QB with the first or 34 pick

and foles has already played for andy reid.. plus he's only 24

I wouldn't give a 2nd rounder for Foles, MAYBE at 3rd.

At that point I would take Barkley in the late 1st/2nd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom