NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would stay away from Star unless a team can get him much later than he's projected. I just don't like the risk/reward ratio if he goes super early.

why do you say that?

not questioning what you say.. just curious why you say that

Because there is too much uncertainty around his NFL potential. His senior year was only okay really, and he has the physical attributes that NFL people love, but for me, they don't sell me on the player. He disappears from games and at that position you usually want a lasting impact for every down.

It's just that feel you get about a player that makes you second guess their ceiling.

Last edited:
I don't think anyone said their success is attributed 100% to Rodgers, Jay. I know for certain that's not what I said.

O no I understood that. I'm just saying people are underestimating how much the WR's make Rodgers life easier as well. Because they are or have become that talented. But I do think Rodgers speeds up their development process. Within 2 years Jordy and Cobb became lethal.

Last edited:
The packers have have a perfect storm going.

Ted Thompson who knows how to draft.

A future HOF QB.

And taking the right personal and that personal being home runs for their draft positioning.

Ain't em mad at them.

Why aren't we hearing more news on Mike Wallace?
nerd.gif
flying under the radar.

I'm of the same opinion. It's been nice having some of the best offenses in the game over the years ('98, '01, '09), but when you think of Minnesota you think of cold. When you see tapes of the old Vikings teams you see the Purple People Eaters and you can see their breath from the cold weather. I wasn't alive back then, but I would love for this team to come full circle.

One of the greatest home field advantages in NFL history

And no one is talking about Wallace because he is a slightly above average WR :lol:

If Mike didnt have such a bad season, he would probably be the most sought after free agent. Guy is still the #1 deep threat in the NFL. I'd take him without hesitation here in SF.

Wasn't that gif a skinny post? :nerd: :lol:

Time, a couple scouts I follow were tossin it back and forth. Jordan is RAVED about by scouts talent/potential wise. If he healed that shoulder, and had a big combine, he'd be getting #1 love. :lol:
Some have had him from 2 to 15, fluxuates on who you listen to.

Patterson is the same. Saw a guy have him at 6 today, others have him in round 2. Talent/potential will slot you anywhere.

Chester, Wallace has been linked to Miami and Cleveland early. Depends on what he'll ask for.

Jennings is going to Miami unless he asks for a billion dollars. Philbin is gonna grab him for sure. Finley might come with him. :nerd:

Fairly obvious Miami is in the market for receivers. We could sign 2, and still draft another 1-2. And that's even if we re-sign Hartline. :lol: Talk about bare cupboards.

I did a mock this week, and slotted Star all the way down to 16 with the Saints. I just couldn't find a team I like him too, only Jax had a DT before him, and that was Richardson from Missouri. I know Star should probably go before 16, but I can't see where with other needs/guys are on the board.

I'm curious how Marrone handles the QB situation in Buffalo. I think he should give Fitzpatrick a go, but keep him on a short leash. Ship Tarvaris to a team in need of a backup and draft some competition for Thigpen if Fitzpatrick were to fail. I like Fitz, but he's GOT to limit the interceptions.

I'm curious how Marrone handles the QB coaching situation in Buffalo. I think he should give Fitzpatrick a go, but keep him on a short leash. Ship Tarvaris to a team in need of a backup and draft some competition for Thigpen if Fitzpatrick were to fail. I like Fitz, but he's GOT to limit the interceptions.

Charles Woodson is about to be released. Saw this one coming. That should free up a ton of cap room.

Avy check.

Charles will always be my guy.  Top 3 Packers players in my lifetime... Sad to see him go but it will set us up for the future.

Charles Woodson is about to be released. Saw this one coming. That should free up a ton of cap room.
let him finish his career in dallas at safety...word to rod woodson...

the move to the tampa 2 will keep him as the deep man, not near the los as much..hopefully thatll keep him healthy...

and isnt dude 2 years removed from a dpoy?? EXACTLY what dallas needs in the tampa 2.....do it jerry

Right now though... Woodson AT the LOS> Woodson deep covering.

This.

Comparable to Troy at this point the career, dudes extremely valuable in blitzing and run support.

Come to Houston Charles :nerd: better shot than the girls down in Dallas :nerd:

Right now though... Woodson AT the LOS> Woodson deep covering.

This.

Comparable to Troy at this point the career, dudes extremely valuable in blitzing and run support.

Come to Houston Charles :nerd: better shot than the girls down in Dallas :nerd:

No ones getting Chuck. I think he's done playing football. Guys are wising up and quitting while their on top in terms of health. I'm betting he stays in Green Bay and coaches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom