NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't he more of a 3-4 OLB than a DE?

He can play both and 43 sam linebacker, I know 4 is little high for Jordan but I wouldn't mind taking him there and drafting wafford in the 2nd

Last edited:
I've seen talk that the tackles for Philly should be back healthy, and if they are, then Chip wouldn't go OT at 4 anyways, he would............wait for it..............take Dion Jordan at 4. Another Duck. :lol:

I wouldn't take Dion at #4 and I've watched every game of his college career. :lol: He's good, but I don't know about top-5 good...

You know...Before we end the Percy discussion I want to add a point about NFL contracts work. I'm sure Percy gets a lot of guaranteed money, but that's probably the case no matter if it's CJ money or not. After that though...If Minnesota is seriously having problems with the kid then they can cut him and let the team that picks him up pay his salary. I never liked that aspect of NFL contracts for the players sake, but in a situation like this...Why not take the risk if your Minnesota? It's worth it.

Chiefs bout to trade the #1 pick for Jordy Nelson
nerd.gif
How can the Packers let not just 1 but 2 Top 5 receivers leave just like that??
Packers are good at finding recievers, jordy and jennings are replaceable
Are you suggesting that Jordy and Jennings can be easily replaced because they are just products of the system..........interesting
happy.gif

Let's be real with these Packer receiver debates. They got talent for sure, but with Aaron Rodgers behind center I think they'll always "find" very good receivers.

do you guys really see NE giving Harvin that type of money? They could let Welker walk, sign a bum off the street, and he'll have 1000 yds and 10 TDs

Chiefs bout to trade the #1 pick for Jordy Nelson
nerd.gif
How can the Packers let not just 1 but 2 Top 5 receivers leave just like that??
Packers are good at finding recievers, jordy and jennings are replaceable

Are you suggesting that Jordy and Jennings can be easily replaced because they are just products of the system..........interesting
happy.gif

No I'm saying they are really good receivers but their not worth the cap trouble, with Aaron Rodgers James Jones, Cobb, an organization that always finds good talent at receiver they'll be okay

Let's be real with these Packer receiver debates. They got talent for sure, but with Aaron Rodgers behind center I think they'll always "find" very good receivers.
1272259_o.gif

Pretty route. Doesn't change anything about what I said though. "They got talent for sure," is what I said. Wasn't even close to a slight against their receivers. Definitely speaks to how damn good Rodgers is though. I'm sure they could pick up Peter Warrick off the streets and he'll be at the least serviceable with Rodgers throwing to him. The Packers know this. It's why their not so worried about potentially letting some of their guys walk.

Not to take anything away from the packers WRs, they are talented.

But they do have who some consider the best QB in the L throwing them the ball.

They are talented, but Arod makes them go.

laugh.gif
C'mon 615 I'm not quite ready to stop trolling yet...

I cant wait for Greg to go to another team (hopefully with a half-way decent QB) and put up numbers.

Depending on where he lands he could end up with 65-75 grabs for 1,100 and 10... Which hes done multiple times before.  Hes been a top route runner in the L for a few years and at the end of Favre's career and beginning of Rodgers he was blowing the lids off defenses with the top WR's as well.  He gets open.  Simple as that.

Last edited:
:lol:

He probably goes to Minnesota. At least, I wouldn't be surprised. Minnesota desperately needs someone who can get open and separate from the defenders. Ponder isn't exactly Favre or Rodgers, but I haven't lost all hope just yet. He really didn't have any receivers get open for him for most the year.

1272259_o.gif
Pretty route. Doesn't change anything about what I said though. "They got talent for sure," is what I said. Wasn't even close to a slight against their receivers. Definitely speaks to how damn good Rodgers is though. I'm sure they could pick up Peter Warrick off the streets and he'll be at the least serviceable with Rodgers throwing to him. The Packers know this. It's why their not so worried about potentially letting some of their guys walk.
Agreed, and it's no coincidence that a gif of a Packers receiver running a slant route was posted.  I'm not sure which Packer fan posted the comment years ago but he said that slant route was the Packers offense "bread and butter."  Granted Jennings did run a great route and move on that play above, but the fact remains that 2 things about the Packers offense from the past to the present and possibly the future will remain the same, the slant route, and receivers that are changeable that can work the offense.

I knew that Foles wouldn't be a Chip guy. Nothing against the kid, but he's got that Drew Bledsoe 34 Madden speed. Gotta at least be able to move around a bit.

Fourth rounder to the Chiefs, and then they can draft Joeckel.
and this is exactly why it isn't worth it to the eagles to tade them foles.. UNLESS they are parting with their 2nd round pick

or at least a 3rd AND something in the next draft
I've seen talk that the tackles for Philly should be back healthy, and if they are, then Chip wouldn't go OT at 4 anyways, he would............wait for it..............take Dion Jordan at 4. Another Duck.
laugh.gif

*insert usual CP1708 Duck joke here and move along*

Sadly, I actually would like to see Jordan fall to us at 12. He reminds me a bit of Jason Taylor, only Duck tainted.
talk from where?

i find it hard to believe we would pick jordan at 4.. granted i could see him being a good OLB in the 3-4, since he can cover a little bit (since he's a converted WR).. he would play the SAM spot and graham and cole can play on the weak side

but he would still be a luxury pick at that point AND a reach

but i have to believe we will go joeckel, if he is there.. then that allows us to kick herremans back inside.. since i'm pretty sure our new Oline coach won't have the same philosophy of howard mudd (considering the type of Olineman that he had at alabama)

or go with star, since we really dont have a NT on the roster presently.. plus pairing star with cox will vastly improve our entire defense

Last edited:
I see a lot of people aren't high on star.

I feel like Ngata was way more disruptive in college against top talent and he didn't even go in the top 10.

I would stay away from Star unless a team can get him much later than he's projected. I just don't like the risk/reward ratio if he goes super early.

The Packers do have a great system offense. I still dont get why people try to use that as an excuse to knock on somebody. For all we know if Rodgers was drafted by the Niners he'd have a similar career as Alex Smith. Who knows where Tom Brady would be if not on the Pats. Certain systems bring out the best or worst in a player. The Packers WR's and Rodgers work off each other and bring the best out of each other. Really it's just great scouting to find guys who can learn, adapt, and then perform. It's silly to say its all Aaron Rodgers though. It makes it a whole lot easier for Rodgers to play QB when guys like Jennings know how to get wide open. Or set their defender up for the back shoulder side line catch so Aaron has the opportunity to throw the pin point pass. Or when Jordy Is blowing the roof off defenses so Rodgers can throw a wide open 70 yard bomb. Or when Cobb is crazy good with YAC making defenders look silly. You simply just don't watch the Packers that much if you think it's all Rodgers. Cause if you did you would see all the one handed catches. Or the plays where Jordy skies over his defender doing a 360 back shoulder tip toe sideline catch.

Because of the Packers system they have become that talented. Talented enough to succeed else where like Greg Jennings will do.

I know James Jones has been the center of jokes this year but have you seen the catches he was making this year? They weren't cause of Aaron Rodgers. You guys probably look at the stat sheet after and say lol James Jones 3 TD's. But seriously the catches he was making all year were ridiculous.

Rodgers and his WR's are simply on the same page more than anything. Skill on both sides just adds to their success.

Last edited:
I don't think anyone said their success is attributed 100% to Rodgers, Jay. I know for certain that's not what I said.

Really it's just great scouting to find guys who can learn, adapt, and then perform.

I like this though...GB does it right in that department.

I would stay away from Star unless a team can get him much later than he's projected. I just don't like the risk/reward ratio if he goes super early.
why do you say that?

not questioning what you say.. just curious why you say that
I see a lot of people aren't high on star.

I feel like Ngata was way more disruptive in college against top talent and he didn't even go in the top 10.
i agree.. from the little i've seen of him, i dont think he will be as good as ngata is from the DE spot in the 3-4.. but i do think he has that versatility.. but i do think if the eagles got him, he would be our main NT in our 3 man fronts

we do need to get someone who can play NT somewhere in this draft.. my ideal draft for the eagles would be to get joeckel at 4 and then get 1 of hankins, jenkins or williams in the 2nd or 3rd

I think the main issue people see with star is he don't dominate sub par talent, And all but disappeared at times.

If your top 5 talent you have to dominate the lower tier talent and be competitive against talent on your level.

Look at what we saw from Teo, I understand dude didn't get help from his from 4 but dude wasn't able to shed blocker and was often caught out of position and took horrible angles on plays he could've made.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom