NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cris Carter wasn't a first ballot hall of famer. What makes you think Wes is?

No problem saying he may be a hall of famer one day. But first ballot? Ehhhhhhh.

Last edited:
Depends how long he stays productive, how many more crazy seasons he gets and if they make a run the next 2 games. Still needs some numbers obviously, but if he keeps this pace 4 more years, then......

Depends how long he stays productive, how many more crazy seasons he gets and if they make a run the next 2 games. Still needs some numbers obviously, but if he keeps this pace 4 more years, then......

Will he be able to put up these same numbers with Brandon Weeden throwing him the ball?

Interesting observation on Colin Kaepernick from Peter King's Monday Morning QB column today...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nf...isional-playoffs/?sct=hp_t11_a5&eref=sihp#all

The Colin Kaepernick Show, episode eight.

Keep these things in mind after Kaepernick's eighth NFL start, the 14-point rout of the Packers, in which he set the NFL record for rushing yards by a quarterback (181) in a game:

• Blaine Gabbert was chosen 26 picks ahead of Kaerpernick.

• The following players were chosen ahead of Kaepernick: Jake Locker, Adrian Clayborn, Anthony Castonzo, Danny Watkins, James Carpenter, Jonathan Baldwin, Jimmy Smith, Gabe Carimi, Cameron Jordan, Cameron Hayward, Derek Sherrod, Ras-I Dowling and Aaron Williams.

• Buffalo passed on him twice, and Arizona, Tennessee, Jacksonville, Minnesota, Miami, Cleveland, Philadelphia, Jacksonville, Kansas City and the Jets once apiece. Buddy Nix, Rod Graves, Mike Reinfeldt, Gene Smith, Rick Spielman, Jeff Ireland, Tom Heckert, Howie Roseman, Scott Pioli and Mike Tannenbaum -- the GMs who passed on Kaepernick in the 2010 draft -- must be asking themselves, "Maybe we should have seen this trend coming."

Notice one thing about those 10 draft-day deciders: Six have been fired since the day Kaepernick was chosen 36th overall by the Niners in April 2011.

Not me. Was a GREAT trade for Miami. We got an undrafted receiver under 6 feet tall, and moved him for a 2 and a 7. Randy Moss netted a 4th round pick. Randy ******g Moss. We got more for undrafted Welker. Just because he turned out great in Miami means nothing, he wouldn't give us the same production because we haven't had the same offense/QB to give him those numbers, so you make the deal you can get.

Had he stayed in Miami, he has a solid career, 75-80 catches, maybe gets 1,000 yards, 5 TD's a year, that's it. We would have in a sense been holding him back with guys like Cleo Lemon, Gus Ferrotte, Culpepper, and all the other bums we had. Pennington would have loved him for 1 year, but that's it.
[COLOR=#red]
Which is a great point, (The lack of QBs), but looking at the overall that entire run of mismanaged talent makes me shake my head. obviously it's over but the decisions made around the time (years before and after) are just mind boggling. [/COLOR]

It all started the day Jimmy left. The first five year stretch, 1, I say again, ONE first round draft pick in 5 drafts. And that pick, OG Vernon Carey.

5 drafts, 1 first round pick, and offensive guard. That my friends, is why the Dolphins fell into the abyss later in the decade. The talent pool was done dried up. You can not keep a team viable with 1 first round pick, and a lineman to boot, in 5 years. Ricky was nice, but he wasn't worth all we gave up to get him. Factor in having to take Ronnie Brown to replace him, instead of Aaron Rodgers, only for Ricky to decide he'd like to come back, and yeah........

Ricky comes back BEFORE Ronnie, and we draft A-Rodg and move on with our future.

Or, we simple take Rodgers with the #2 pick, and take RB Frank Gore in the next round, ya know, the kid that was growing in our own ******g back yard. But hey, who knew?

I'm going to go start drinking now, see you all later. :smh:

Or, we simple take Rodgers with the #2 pick, and take RB Frank Gore in the next round, ya know, the kid that was growing in our own ******g back yard. But hey, who knew?

I'm going to go start drinking now, see you all later.
mean.gif
alfred morris and t.y hilton in your backyard too son

aint nobody gonna talk about it because they lost but marshawn lynch is the best post season running back since marshall faulk

legendary run against the saints

the run against the skins last week

the catch that put them on the goaline against the falcons

pimp.gif

Will he be able to put up these same numbers with Brandon Weeden throwing him the ball?

NO :lol: :lol:

I'd like him in Houston, but with the way our offense is ( when it's on), he's probably just get 50-60 catches, taking a couple from from and a bunch from our TEs. I'd like to see Welker keep up this pace though, cause people may joke about it, but he's on a legit HOF pace. Forget 4 more years, 2 would probably get him in there. I don't see why people think it's so out of the realm for him, cause he's doing something nobody else has done, and that's a sure fire way to get in.

Last edited:
Wes Welker has 38 TDs for his career. If that's HOF bound :x

He'll be lucky to be end with more than 50 in all honesty.

Wes Welker has 38 TDs for his career. If that's HOF bound :x

He'll be lucky to be end with more than 50 in all honesty.

James Jones had 13 this year.

Calvin had 5.

Who was better?

If Wes finishes with 12-1300 receptions. 12-13,000 yards and already has 5 100 catch seasons, with a chance for another 1-2-3, then whatever postseason numbers he finishes out with, 50 touchdowns won't matter, or alter his odds.

Andre Johnson only has 56 TD's, you don't think he's got a legit shot at HOF with another 3 years of solid play? :nerd: He's currently at 818 and 11K with less postseason work than Welker. Both are 31.

Welker is never going to see the kinda numbers he had with NE. So on that front I doubt we'll those kind of reception numbers from him again thus cutting his future numbers down alot. Brady and Bellicheat are masters at picking out mis-matches. If he leaves NE it just is not gonna be the same.

I'll just quote what Roddy White said regarding Vic Cruz who like Welker plays in the slot, "the big boys play on the outside."

I mean anyone can pluck stats that will help boost their own argument (including myself), but seriously dude isn't a HOF caliber player like that.

Last edited:

What are the odds the Dolphins keep Sean Smith?

Depends on his contract. He claims he wants to stay, but if he demands top CB money, he gone. He is not worth #1 corner money.

I've heard they are already talking to Jones and Starks about extensions, which could tell you something about who they are prioritizing to keep in Miami. Maybe they think they can take care of Smith later on, I don't know.

I do know that a lot of Miami fans do not want him back. Me personally, I don't want to start all over at CB one year removed from having both Smith and Davis as solid #2 types. I hope they can get a fair deal done to keep Smith, and get another CB to replace Davis in the draft along with Richard Marshall coming back.

Ches ,regardless of first ballot or not, he'll get in if he stays in NE. If he goes to Cleveland or something else close, then yeah, he hurts his chances.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom