NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he stays, and does this 5 more years, then yeah, I say first ballot. TD's be damned. (knowing that almost no WR's get in first ballot, something I don't understand at all, but I don't get any voters in any sport really)

Uh Dre is a 1st ballot HOF.

Dude in his prime was a monster and still beasts now.

He was the best WR in football over a 3-4 year stretch.

When you mention top tier WRs over the last decade who pops on your head?

Welker certainly doesn't, and I'm offended he was mentioned in the same breath :lol:

But unlike Wes, Victor has dominated on the outside as well
you love victor cuz bruh

didnt we discuss the roddy white and victor cruz thing after your knee jerk reaction tweet

to victors womping 50 yard 2 td game against a harden-less browns team

Last edited:
you love victor cuz bruh

didnt we discuss the roddy white and victor cruz thing after your knee jerk reaction tweet
to victors womping 50 yard 2 td game against a harden-less browns team

Victor Cruz is probably my 5th or 6th fav WR in the League so "Love" is a pretty strong word Eddo

Last edited:
But unlike Wes, Victor has dominated on the outside as well

You totally right. I didnt want to come off slighting Vic Cruz but I just felt the quote was applicable to the whole Wes Welker discussion.

And honestly what Wes does is pretty impressive. But HOF worthy? Nahhh I can't see it.

I guess he needs a few more 100 catch 1200 yard seasons to go along with the most of those seasons of any WR ever already. Fair enough :lol:

Funny thing is talking to some giants fans, some say Cruz isn't even the best WR on the team :nerd:

Funny thing is talking to some giants fans, some say Cruz isn't even the best WR on the team
nerd.gif
whats so funny....
nicks being better than cruz is a legit argument
ill say nicks is the best receiver in the nfc east...

when healthy hes dominate...can do everything..gets yac....hard to cover..

cruz is the truth tho...dont get me wrong...nicks is better tho to me...

We talking about the HoF here, not the Pro Bowl. :lol: Wes Welker kills it year in and year out and don't get me wrong, I'm not slighting that little beast by any means. He's the ultimate slot receiver in the system he plays in and makes unbelievable catches for his size but HoF?! HoF and we here talking about Pro Bowl players, word to AI.

Nicks is definitely better than Cruz but overall, that entire Giants WR corp is lethal. Even Domenik Hixon can burn a team when they're not careful. One thing the Giants messed up on was letting Kevin Boss and trying to sign Martellus Bennett to take his place. Come on...ain't nobody checking his *** out on the checkdown because he can't run for ****.

:lol: So many regrets in drafts but all you can do is speculate now. Rodgers could've gone second, he also could've gone first to the Niners and his career would've ended up in mediocrity if he played during the god-awful years that Alex Smith went through with all 8 different OC's. :lol:

When Cris Carter retired, he was considered the 2nd greatest receiver of all-time by many. No one can even come close to giving the same consideration to Welker when he's done. Even ignoring all that -- First ballot is stretch.

Nicks > Cruz

All Day

Pretty much....healthy Nicks dominates and opens things up for Cruz also, don't think I even saw one back shoulder fade to Nicks all season...dude was limping every week.

Nicks is definitely better than Cruz but overall, that entire Giants WR corp is lethal. Even Domenik Hixon can burn a team when they're not careful. One thing the Giants messed up on was letting Kevin Boss and trying to sign Martellus Bennett to take his place. Come on...ain't nobody checking his *** out on the checkdown because he can't run for ****.

Coughlin loves his blocking abilities more than anything else, Boss had no clue how to block anyone :lol:

Last edited:
He had no way of finding someone filling in when Nicks went down during the year. He needed another receiving threat but Coughlin forgot he's also missing Manningham to open things up for Cruz this year.

ill say nicks is the best receiver in the nfc east...

when healthy hes dominate...can do everything..gets yac....hard to cover..

cruz is the truth tho...dont get me wrong...nicks is better tho to me...
If Dez can consistently play like he did this year and stay on the field, no question he's the best receiver in the division IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom