NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Why does Welker get no love ?

If anyone else put up #s that Welker puts up basically every single game it would be nothing but : :wow: :wow: :wow: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

8 catches for 131 yards. Post season high. Patriots franchise record. But no one really wants to acknowledge it.

Props to the Falcons getting their first playoff win under the Matty Ice era. Looking forward to their second postseason matchup with the NFC West. Should be a good one.

Because he's white. Happy?

Yikes bro those must be your thoughts but they sure as hell aren't mine. Not at this point anyway. Its past that.

Wade Phillips described Welker as "not that big and not too athletic" :lol: :lol:
He's obviously not too big but he is clearly a supreme athlete.

Dude is putting up all-time great numbers and gets little to no love. He'a barely being acknowledged as an athlete when he's one of the leaders on an offense that has hung 80+ points on Wade and this defense his season. How is this considered acceptable behavior?

Son I had no idea what was going on last night with wade and why he had our DBs so far off.

Welker makes plays right off the line and why would you have a DB 10 yards off?

And then Llyods TD? Why in the world is JJoe off him 10 yard when he was 5 yards from the line?

**** wade :smh:

I know, hes a spark plug

A big part of it is he plays for a hated team, known for making players look great in their system, and he wasn't as good on Miami.

I know, hes a spark plug

A big part of it is he plays for a hated team, known for making players look great in their system, and he wasn't as good on Miami.

Actually Welker was nice in Miami...He stood out offensively on a bad team. I remember him making some tough catches & getting YAC....Pats gave up a 2nd rd pick the Fins used on John Beck & a 7th (can't remember who the fins drafted then)...

Hated it, but nice ratbird win.

Glad to see Tony Gonzalez get a win...

AFC & NFC championship games should be nice...Just don't wanna see a Harbaugh Bowl...

Welker was VERY good in Miami. He put up numbers with Joey Harrington, hence my quote 6 years ago when I found out he was joining Tom Brady, I said that day that Wes would make the Pro Bowl with Tom after what I saw him do with lame *** Joey.

Even I didn't know he woulda been THIS ridiculously great. I just figured a pro bowl would be enough, historic is the word that goes next to his name now.

Catches. Yards. Avg yards. TD

2006 MIA 67 687 42.9 1
2005 MIA 29 434 27.1 0

One pretty good year.

Nothing to see him as amazing until he car to the pats and showed out.

I get the feeling belicheck thinks he could plug someone else in and get similar results. Especially after what happened with the contract negotiations.

Very curious to see what happens

I think he's great but it's not a shock he doesn't get as much attention as the big name receivers.

He's probably the funniest player ever too. He gets extra points for that. Dude is hilarious.

Last edited:
Welker is tough as ****. He gets blown up more than any player not named Dallas Clark. Just gets up and continues playing, even though he'll be drinking his dinner in fifteen years. Respect for that.

Still proud of my Falcons man. Now that the elephant is off their back, it's time to take care of business and get to New Orleans.

Still proud of my Falcons man. Now that the elephant is off their back, it's time to take care of business and get to New Orleans.

You should be proud. Falcons played a very tough team & withstood a nice comeback try from the Seahawks. Still gotta get past the 9ers though...Shouldn't be lookin' past them...Should be a great game.

Welker was VERY good in Miami. He put up numbers with Joey Harrington, hence my quote 6 years ago when I found out he was joining Tom Brady, I said that day that Wes would make the Pro Bowl with Tom after what I saw him do with lame *** Joey.

Even I didn't know he woulda been THIS ridiculously great. I just figured a pro bowl would be enough, historic is the word that goes next to his name now.

[COLOR=#red]That trade STILL makes me shake my head... :smh:[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#red]That trade STILL makes me shake my head... :smh:[/COLOR]

Not me. Was a GREAT trade for Miami. We got an undrafted receiver under 6 feet tall, and moved him for a 2 and a 7. Randy Moss netted a 4th round pick. Randy ******g Moss. We got more for undrafted Welker. Just because he turned out great in Miami means nothing, he wouldn't give us the same production because we haven't had the same offense/QB to give him those numbers, so you make the deal you can get.

Had he stayed in Miami, he has a solid career, 75-80 catches, maybe gets 1,000 yards, 5 TD's a year, that's it. We would have in a sense been holding him back with guys like Cleo Lemon, Gus Ferrotte, Culpepper, and all the other bums we had. Pennington would have loved him for 1 year, but that's it.

As far as Wes Welker goes, when he actually gets acknowledge as a top tier receiver by his own organization maybe then, just then folks will acknowledge him as such. Until then who cares.

As far as Wes Welker goes, when he actually gets acknowledge as a top tier receiver by his own organization maybe then, just then folks will acknowledge him as such. Until then who cares.

NE treats lots of very good players poorly from the financial standpoint. Welker is a top tier receiver.

Edit: he is a slot player and not the prototypical #1 type, obviously. But he has the production and he's been hugely valuable to his team.

Last edited:

NE treats lots of very good players poorly from the financial standpoint. Welker is a top tier receiver.

Brady, Gronk, and Hernandez say differently. As far as Welker being a top tier receiver........LOL.

Lotta folks gonna be sad as hell when the Hall calls his name. :lol:

Just like London Fletcher champ, the only way Wes Welker gets into the HOF is if he purchases a ticket like everyone else during normal business hours...........and even then Welker still shouldn't be allowed to gain entry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom