NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
because thats not what made ray famous

that's not completely fair to say.

JJs...i think it's what you said. ray is a hall of famer, has a ring, and was a perennial force over the course of his career. so he gets a pass.

my personal opinion is that they're both super corny with those on field post game interviews :lol:

because thats not what made ray famous

that's not completely fair to say.

JJs...i think it's what you said. ray is a hall of famer, has a ring, and was a perennial force over the course of his career. so he gets a pass.

my personal opinion is that they're both super corny with those on field post game interviews :lol:

Well..you can be as corny as you want if you were great and won something. :lol:

See: Phil Simms.

Shoes is just biased, I'm honest :lol:

*looks at your avy*

lemme just quote this right now :lol:

Last edited:
:lol: like I said.

Peyton is one of the greatest to play, but when it comes the post season, meh.

Either way he has a chip, it really wasn't his fault they lost I've never seen champ bailey get cookedddd like that ever!!! Getting burnt like that. Think about it guys manning took a whole year off and came back as the number one seed it wasn't supposed to happen like that he'd just come back and win the chip...he'll be back next yr and I can honestly say that was the greatest playoff gm I've seen in my 20yrs of watching football!

Last edited:
I can't see the Texans getting blown out again. The Pats haven't been that good in the last few home playoff games. But if Schaub plays like he did last week this game will be over quick.

Hopefully there won't be any semi-retirements in here. :lol:

Last edited:
Either way he has a chip

And that's that. I understand that Peyton has came up short many times in the playoffs, but dudes are acting like he NEVER won it all. Even if it was only once, he did it. It's been stated already, but Denver's secondary could have played a lot better.

If the Texans don't stay close early I think it might get ugly

They better use a lot of run and screen plays to eat that clock bc Schaub sucks

Last edited:
See the thing is, no one is dismissing the greatness that is Peyton manning, dude is an amazing QB, and will go down as one of the greatest QBs ever to play the game.

With that being said, his greatness comes in the regular season, not in the playoffs or in the weather.

TB12 will win anywhere, road, home , rain sleet snow during the playoffs.

Peyton folds in the playoffs.

He's a great REGULAR season QB, beyond that, dude struggles.

How did Peyton struggle yesterday?

He threw for 3 TDs and almost 300yds. The Baltimore defense isn't a bunch of schmucks out there son. That is not some meaningless accomplishment.

The 1st Int was off a tipped ball that hit his WR in his hands.

On what earth is 3 Tds, 1 INT, and 300 yds passing against a tough Baltimore defense in 10 degree weather considered struggling???

Can't imagine how some feel about a schmuck like Marino if Peyton gets this much heat
Just comes down to that ridiculous side of NT...  Like someone said earlier, it's a team game.  The Broncos as a team didn't do enough to win and they made mistakes, Peyton included.  By the way, they lost one of the closest playoff games in NFL history so it's not like they were scrubs out there.  When you play 2 OTs, mistakes will be made and you're going to show cracks in the armor.  It's not always the QB's fault!!!

Oh, and Flacco had a pretty damn good game btw.  

Can't imagine how some feel about a schmuck like Marino if Peyton gets this much heat
Just comes down to that ridiculous side of NT...  Like someone said earlier, it's a team game.  The Broncos as a team didn't do enough to win and they made mistakes, Peyton included.  By the way, they lost one of the closest playoff games in NFL history so it's not like they were scrubs out there.  When you play 2 OTs, mistakes will be made and you're going to show cracks in the armor.  It's not always the QB's fault!!!

where are these peyton rescuers when tony romo gets nailed to the cross for EVERY cowboys loss :lol:

and no, i'm not saying peyton is romo. but trying to see some consistency in defending one player when he clearly did not play to his ability.

Last edited:
How did Peyton struggle yesterday?

He threw for 3 TDs and almost 300yds. The Baltimore defense isn't a bunch of schmucks out there son. That is not some meaningless accomplishment.

The 1st Int was off a tipped ball that hit his WR in his hands.

On what earth is 3 Tds, 1 INT, and 300 yds passing against a tough Baltimore defense in 10 degree weather considered struggling???

290 yards passing in a game with two over times is not that impressive, not to mention the fact he threw the game losing interception.

Peyton wasn't the reason they lost that game though

Not like he was 13-30 with 0 TDs and 5 INTs

Fox let Baltimore hang around instead of going for the kill which is what got them in the end

That game should have NEVER went to OT and with 29 sec left and two TO's and only a FG needed...why kneel the ball?

I'm sorry but Peyton was playing not to lose te game towards the end.

And I'm sure fox called for the kneel down and Peyton said sure with no problem.

If Peyton wanted the ball in his hands, he would've gotten it, it's Peyton manning.

30 seconds left and 2 TDs in a tied playoff game at home

Peyton wanted no parts of it, but he gets a pass cause it's Peyton.

He did the same **** romo did, cost them the game with an interception.

300 yards, 3TDs and 2 picks.

Like I said earlier, he need 2 returns for the game to be even tied.

As confident as I am in Mr. Spygate with all his time to prepare.

Does anyone else feel a little...worried...that literally all the media and all casual fans are picking the Pats to not just win, but blow Houston out?

Isn't that usually the recipe for an upset?.... :lol:

Last edited:
where are these peyton rescuers when tony romo gets nailed to the cross for EVERY cowboys loss
laugh.gif

and no, i'm not saying peyton is romo. but trying to see some consistency in defending one player when he clearly did not play to his ability.
I feel COMPLETELY the same way about the blame Tony Romo takes.  Yeah he's the opposite of clutch, but he also carried a crappy defense all season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom