NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Either Houston wins a close game, or it gets out of hand again.

Houston 31-24

I'm sorry but Peyton was playing not to lose te game towards the end.

And I'm sure fox called for the kneel down and Peyton said sure with no problem.

If Peyton wanted the ball in his hands, he would've gotten it, it's Peyton manning.

30 seconds left and 2 TDs in a tied playoff game at home

Peyton wanted no parts of it, but he gets a pass cause it's Peyton.

He did the same **** romo did, cost them the game with an interception.

300 yards, 3TDs and 2 picks.

Like I said earlier, he need 2 returns for the game to be even tied.

So you're just going to assume without those returns Peyton wouldn't have driven them down the field to score? You can't predict what's going to happen. The bottom line is that their safety cost them the game, and then Peyton screwed up and ended it for them.

yeah that pick iced it, but the DC should have made some adjustments. 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Regardless of who choked and why Denver lost.
Yesterdays game will go down as an All-Time classic.

4 hours of GREAT entertainment. :nthat:

As confident as I am in Mr. Spygate with all his time to prepare.

Does anyone else feel a little...worried...that literally all the media and all casual fans are picking the Pats to not just win, but blow Houston out?

Isn't that usually the recipe for an upset?.... :lol:

You haven't watched many Texans games, I take it?

They're the biggest frauds in the NFL. Seriously, they're absolutely abysmal. Easily the worst team left in the playoffs, and if they had played against any team with a QB last week, they'd be at home.

Nothing has changed since the last two times these teams met... except for the fact that New England has Gronk back. Pats are going to roll this worthless franchise up into a ball and punt them back to Houston. At least they'll have another playoff banner to hang up when they get home.

Patriots - 48, Texans - 17. If they're lucky.

i can't tell if chester is trying to **** up my universe with some crazy jinx or if he's just trying to get under MMG's skin :lol:

where are these peyton rescuers when tony romo gets nailed to the cross for EVERY cowboys loss :lol:

and no, i'm not saying peyton is romo. but trying to see some consistency in defending one player when he clearly did not play to his ability.

Romo is the QB of the Dallas Cowboys, the team most loved and most hated. That's why there is no consistency.

I haven't been wrong once this season about the Texans, so why would it start now?

Prime-time game against a team with an elite QB? We all know what's going to happen, and it won't be pretty. You'll be watching Game of Thrones reruns by halftime.

Last edited:
This too. I feel like when Ray talks about faith, it's in such a way that you can relate to him even if you aren't Christian. Having faith, believing in yourself and your teammates, overcoming obstacles, etc are real life lessons that we can all can relate to. You can tell dude really lived what he's talking about, and that's where his conviction comes from.

Tebow just sounds like a robot who was brainwashed by his parents and sent to Jesus camp every summer. I could be wrong but I don't know if he's really been through anything hard in his life.

THIS!!

I'm sure tebow DOES go to Jesus camp every summer.

I think Houston can pull it off, or at least keep it close, but they'll have to do something similar to what SF did and dominate time of possession. Keep Brady off the field and score on most of their drives. I would give Foster and Tate like 30 carries or more.

Houston almost lost to Cincinnati and they didn't even have an offense that game. I'm sure Houston puts up a fight in the first half and then Brady ends it in the 3rd

where are these peyton rescuers when tony romo gets nailed to the cross for EVERY cowboys loss
laugh.gif

and no, i'm not saying peyton is romo. but trying to see some consistency in defending one player when he clearly did not play to his ability.
as one of those people that take up for romo...lets not bring his name up with peyton..lol..that aint fair..

in my opinion..denvers dbs are to blame first, then john fox getting timid at the end...then peyton mannings pick...

peyton did his job...he had the defense on the field, bmore had no more tds...literally only a miracle would keep bmore in the game....

and ill be damned...bmore got a miracle...

to me..the play to jacoby jones is the definition of a miracle...

but its peytons fault...riiiiight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom