NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
why does ray lewis not get clowned for talking about god and faith so much? tebow got tons of flack for it

Last edited:
why does ray lewis not get clowned for talking about god and faith so much? tebow got tons of flack for it
Huh? I hear/see people rag on him for that all the time. The difference is that he's also a great football player, so it's not the one thing people associate him with.

Tebow's play doesn't speak for itself, so the main association people are going to make is Tim Tebow = Christian.

Ray Lewis is also seen thanking god in defeat, which you can see in his "A Football Life" documentary, something I've never seen Tebow do. It also just sounds better when he's talking about his faith...Tebow seems to force it a little to much where it's just smooth with Ray.

I think it was an on-field, postgame talk he had a few years ago when he OD'ed on the praise and people were laughing and commenting on it, but I don't remember all that was said.

I know my Dad got a chuckle out of it years ago when he did the same thing and thought it was ridiculous. :lol: Sometimes he does go, what would seem, a little overboard with it That's who he is though.

Last edited:
Ray Lewis is also seen thanking god in defeat, which you can see in his "A Football Life" documentary, something I've never seen Tebow do. It also just sounds better when he's talking about his faith...Tebow seems to force it a little to much where it's just smooth with Ray.
This too. I feel like when Ray talks about faith, it's in such a way that you can relate to him even if you aren't Christian. Having faith, believing in yourself and your teammates, overcoming obstacles, etc are real life lessons that we can all can relate to. You can tell dude really lived what he's talking about, and that's where his conviction comes from.

Tebow just sounds like a robot who was brainwashed by his parents and sent to Jesus camp every summer. I could be wrong but I don't know if he's really been through anything hard in his life.

Last edited:
If I beat a murder charge I would go overboard too :lol: ...no shade cause ray my dude just saying ...his life could've easily went the other way

If Houston wins tomm I think we're going to the SB :pimp:

Seahawks :pimp:

:rofl: :rofl: Peyton

One and done boy. Super Bowl for the broncos? No sir, you aren't playing the AFC west in the playoffs.

Kaep and the Niners are for serious this year :x

Dude was trotting down the field with his long legs like a gazelle pause not even moving fast but just covering more ground than everyone else :smh:

Randy Moss.. I see you :pimp:

Flacco showed up as well. I was listening to that game in my car and when Balt got the ball back with 1:09 left with no timouts the play by play dudes are like "If Flacco wants to get the naysayers off his back he'll lead his team to a TD to send it to OT" im like :rolleyes :rolleyes Next thing I know, TD :pimp: :pimp: Pats w the homefield

I expect the Pats to smang Houston tomorrow to the tune of 35-17 and then put Baltimore to sleep by 10 points.

Brady on his way to his sixth SB appearance and 4th SB ring. The road to the SB is cake from here. Houston and Baltimore are both Kleenex.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/gameon/2013/01/12/nfl-peter-tebow-happy-broncos-lost/1829541/

Karma may be a Buddhist tenet, but that didn't stop Tim Tebow's older brother from enjoying the Denver Broncos' 38-35 double overtime loss Saturday afternoon.

The elder Tebow, a 28-year-old ministry leader based in Colorado, went on Twitter right after the game to share some good news that his local congregation might not have been as eager to receive.

Via @petertebow:

"Am I the only one in Denver who's happy right now?"
While Tebow stopped short of pointing out that yes, his brother did happen to win a playoff game in overtime as a member of the Broncos last season while Peyton Manning failed in his quest to do so, he clearly relished the moment, retweeting another Tim Tebow fan's quote of "That's karma, Elway!"

Last edited:
yup peyton you shoulda chose san francisco...

ray lewis is the man

i hope the seahawks win tomorrow

9ers need that revenge inthe bay...

Last edited:
I knew the Packers were fools gold. That defense is swiss cheese. Ever since Collins had to retire (shame, he would've been the best after Ed Reed) but good for us) those DB's are not the same.

I want the Texans to win so bad tomorrow, really hope they're hungry for revenge. And I respect both the Seahawks and Falcons, so may the best win.

There's way too much Peyton bashing in this thread.

The safety and CB play that last pass like professionals and not a pop warner football team, they're in the playoffs even with Peyton not having a great game.

There's way too much Peyton bashing in this thread.

The safety and CB play that last pass like professionals and not a pop warner football team, they're in the playoffs even with Peyton not having a great game.
same thing i said...

in my opinion the people who are responsible for the broncos losing are in order:

1. raheem moore

2. john fox

3.mr. manning

i get that peyton may have held his foot on your fav teams throat their entire existence...that would make me mad too...but i hate when people dismiss greatness and history in the making because of your bias to your squad...

its like everything is white or black on NT...no gray area...a guy is either the greatest, or hes a fraud...  you either like someone, or you hate them...nobody is ever neutral...

Last edited:

You get passes for your beliefs and viewpoints if you're a winner. However, you have to MAINTAIN the high production/winning over the years (like Ray) for this to happen.

No Champ Bailey?

Last edited:
so the harbaugh brothers try to get to the superbowl after losing in championship games last year..... i think one of them will get thru

Denver should of won that game,,,,,, u up by a td and u let a receiver pass by you like that

49ers looked good, but i have a feeling kappernick will get exposed either in the championship game, or the bowl

I feel that what killed us today vs Baltimore is that we literally went 11 straight weeks with fairly easy wins. We didn't have a close game basically all season.

They didn't have the nessesary mental toughness :smh:

See the thing is, no one is dismissing the greatness that is Peyton manning, dude is an amazing QB, and will go down as one of the greatest QBs ever to play the game.

With that being said, his greatness comes in the regular season, not in the playoffs or in the weather.

TB12 will win anywhere, road, home , rain sleet snow during the playoffs.

Peyton folds in the playoffs.

He's a great REGULAR season QB, beyond that, dude struggles.

As for yesterday, Champ got dusted, and I don't ever remember seeing champ getting abused like that. So it wasn't only Peyton's fault either.

It took the 2 kick off Returns for TDs to keep them in the game and that amazing Denver defense that everyone wanted to praise didn't look so hot without playing with a lead.

They were due for a loss and with _eyton manning manning the helm I knew it was coming, one and done.

Broncos Super Bowl bound :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom