NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I get older I feel that I'm handling this stuff a lot better. It's as if I'm almost already over it. I used to be a little ***** in elementary through high school. 4th and 25 against the Eagles. Putting myself in solitary confinement. 2007 against Giants almost had me shedding a tear. It's not that you didn't come out on top. It's that you're instantly the furthest away from ever watching your team play again. Then again when I was in middle school I couldn't legally obtain alcohol.

Go Russell Wilson.

:lol: Same way.

Losses cut so much deeper back in the day. I was man enough to wear purple in Elementary school, but when they lost...ALL my friends tried to dog me. Sundays that they lost, I didn't want to go to school. Over the years it's tempered quite a bit even though I still have the fan pride battles with some of my friends. One of my childhood friends/roommate is big Niners fan though. :smh:

But last weekends loss to GB, I cussed loudly once after the game and that was that. Moved on quite nicely. :lol:

Last edited:
As I get older I feel that I'm handling this stuff a lot better. It's as if I'm almost already over it. I used to be a little ***** in elementary through high school. 4th and 25 against the Eagles. Putting myself in solitary confinement. 2007 against Giants almost had me shedding a tear. It's not that you didn't come out on top. It's that you're instantly the furthest away from ever watching your team play again. Then again when I was in middle school I couldn't legally obtain alcohol.

Go Russell Wilson.

Losses cut so much deeper back in the day. I was man enough to wear purple in Elementary school, but when they lost...ALL my friends tried to dog me. Sundays that they lost, I didn't want to go to school. Over the years it's tempered quite a bit even though I still have the fan pride battles with some of my friends. One of my childhood friends/roommate is big Niners fan though. So dumb.

agree. i'm getting slightly better about it. **** happens and life goes, that's the type of attitude i've developed :lol:

beers and jameson shots usually help too

Go Russell Wilson.

also depends on who you lose to.

Losses cut so much deeper back in the day. I was man enough to wear purple in Elementary school, but when they lost...ALL my friends tried to dog me. Sundays that they lost, I didn't want to go to school. Over the years it's tempered quite a bit even though I still have the fan pride battles with some of my friends. One of my childhood friends/roommate is big Niners fan though. :smh:

But last weekends loss to GB, I cussed loudly once after the game and that was that. Moved on quite nicely. :lol:

When we lost to Vick when he came to Lambeau, I was a 15 year old torn apart. Waterworks, the whole 9.

When Tynes kicked the game winning in FG against us in OT in the NFCCG, I was in my room with the lights off for hours and hours.

The losses still sting as much, but you just learn to deal with them better. No doubt about it.

Guys...Denver's loss today was probably the hardest loss ive ever witnessed for one of my teams. I'm still in shock...that last ravens TD...just wow. Wow

I felt tears coming it was that rough man...now I gotta avoid sports center all week.

Real talk ain't seen no QB ball like that since Vince vs USC in 2006
It's pretty obvious that Kaep read/reads playbooks after college though
Damn the Broncos and Packers was frauds
eyes.gif

Hope we can say that tomorrow bout the higher seeds too
laugh.gif
Broncos weren't frauds.. We took that game into double over time & watched it go down the drain due to bad coverage on defensive and that pick Manning threw.
RoseGoldSluggs was being sarcastic about the fraud thing
Lol yea pretty much

Glad the Pack lost today.

That ought to humble you overrated Cheesehead fans. I honestly believed that the Packers has peaked as far as playing as a legit contender.

I feel that what killed us today vs Baltimore is that we literally went 11 straight weeks with fairly easy wins. We didn't have a close game basically all season.

Guys...Denver's loss today was probably the hardest loss ive ever witnessed for one of my teams. I'm still in shock...that last ravens TD...just wow. Wow

I felt tears coming it was that rough man...now I gotta avoid sports center all week.

How many teams do you have? :lol:

Last edited:

That ought to humble you overrated Cheesehead fans. I honestly believed that the Packers has peaked as far as playing as a legit contender.

No...we'll be in the playoffs next year. The Packers aren't overrated. There will be a few teams who made the playoffs this year that won't next year. But it's safe to say the Packers will be back.. Don't forget we own the division which puts you in the playoffs. When you're in the playoffs you are a contender. Ain't easy to win a SB fam. But If you think that not winning the Superbowl makes you overrated then....welp

Last edited:

Man, look at your face. With Aaron Rodgers leading the team and in his prime, this team will be around for awhile.

:lol:

How many teams do you have? :lol:

Lol only the broncos. I'm talking about all pro/college sports team I follow..this one hurt the most

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom