New York State Lawmakers Reject Gay Marriage Bill

Originally Posted by bboy1827

So in essence the state should get out of Marriage as is, then let the Church Ban gay marriage, if they so chose.
I agree, the issue is that too many people hold religion too highly IMO. We seem to be moving away from that, but as long as people place religionover all things, that will be reflected in our government, who seems to only be there to pander to the majority.

Originally Posted by Nako XL

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

I'm not arguing that the situations of the respective groups are equally as persecutive, but at its core, I don't think they're that different.
da right to be viewed as a HUMAN =/= da right to marry da same sex

blacks and minorities were viewed as SUB HUMAN, homosexual are just lookin for tax breaks
grin.gif

da more people try to compare em da more it angers me..and i ain't even black but i am a minority. da gay & lesbian movement has made ZERO moves to

find support with minorities. they naive thinking they gonna get sympathy cuz they just happen to share da same party line.

ninja... you realize there are large homosexual populations of people of color right? you keep saying "gays" and "minorities" as if the two are absolutely independent of each other
laugh.gif

-This again
laugh.gif
(you're a Black Dominican)
-Because homosexuals don't love each other as much as heterosexual couples do. They're just looking for tax breaks
-As Nako pointed out, there is a huge minority homosexual population. Homosexuality carries more of a stigma in minority culture than it does in the whiteculture, so more of them are "down-low"
-Someone needs to benefit you in someway for you to have sympathy for their struggle.....
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by frostythepoptart

Ididn't name the white conservative senators, because the general consensus is white conservatives are against gay marriage.

when i stated conservative senate ministers, i was referring to diaz and other personalities (who i was mistaken in believing were senators but are actually just community leaders.) that is why after later posts, focused on that one name so as not to mislead or confuse. that however does not discredit anything i said or change the point i made with the initial post.

it disgusts me that a black latino-american is leading the charge in this (and yes he is bible-thumping), and it disgusts me that conservatives (and to be fair democrats as well, so politicians in general) take advantage of minority demographics for their own political gain.

if you misinterpreted my motive for bringing up a black minister/senator and thought i was leading some sort of anti-black riot here then i'll man up and apologize. but you yourself admit to seeing my point.

civil rights movement is nothing like the gay rights movement jesus christ.

you can't hide being black. there aren't stickers people wear on their forehead that say gay.

a right to marriage and adopt compares to the black struggle during civil rights...

people trying to take 2000 years of tradition and throw it out and can't understand why its having trouble being pushed.

you're missing the point. the constitution says no one should HAVE TO or feel the need to hide their sex/race/gender. EVER.
and no one has to. majority of people dont go around hating gays they just don't support their lifestyle either.

laugh.gif
ninja hood didn't you just have a big **+ topic claiming you never deny being black
wrong, da topic was if i was black, which i ain't. im hispanic. we have some african in our DNA but its not our culture.

nah you good HTTB
laugh.gif

Aight. Just hate trying to engage in an intellectual conversation and throwing around fake words.

Gotta make sure everything is good down to my grammar. You know how Nters get.
laugh.gif

I'm not arguing that the situations of the respective groups are equally as persecutive, but at its core, I don't think they're that different.

blacks and minorities were viewed as SUB HUMAN, homosexual are just lookin for tax breaks
grin.gif

da more people try to compare em da more it angers me..and i ain't even black but i am a minority. da gay & lesbian movement has made ZERO moves to

find support with minorities. they naive thinking they gonna get sympathy cuz they just happen to share da same party line.

ninja... you realize there are large homosexual populations of people of color right? you keep saying "gays" and "minorities" as if the two are absolutely independent of each other
laugh.gif
duh, look at atlanta, black gay capital of da united states.

doesn't mean that da gay movement has tried to engage da minority groups as a whole.
atlanta is not a good example because its in the south fam. where racism still occurs & isnt really that uncommon in certain parts
gay amrriage ahs absolutely no chance being passed anywhere in the south for the forseeable future.

Ididn't name the white conservative senators, because the general consensus is white conservatives are against gay marriage.

when i stated conservative senate ministers, i was referring to diaz and other personalities (who i was mistaken in believing were senators but are actually just community leaders.) that is why after later posts, focused on that one name so as not to mislead or confuse. that however does not discredit anything i said or change the point i made with the initial post.

it disgusts me that a black latino-american is leading the charge in this (and yes he is bible-thumping), and it disgusts me that conservatives (and to be fair democrats as well, so politicians in general) take advantage of minority demographics for their own political gain.

if you misinterpreted my motive for bringing up a black minister/senator and thought i was leading some sort of anti-black riot here then i'll man up and apologize. but you yourself admit to seeing my point.

you can't hide being black. there aren't stickers people wear on their forehead that say gay.

a right to marriage and adopt compares to the black struggle during civil rights...

people trying to take 2000 years of tradition and throw it out and can't understand why its having trouble being pushed.

you're missing the point. the constitution says no one should HAVE TO or feel the need to hide their sex/race/gender. EVER.
and no one has to. majority of people dont go around hating gays they just don't support their lifestyle either.

laugh.gif
ninja hood didn't you just have a big **+ topic claiming you never deny being black
wrong, da topic was if i was black, which i ain't. im hispanic. we have some african in our DNA but its not our culture.
You do know there are black Dominicans, right? Doesn't have anything to do with Africans.

Originally Posted by ShaunHillFTW49

Let's not confuse pre- and post- Reconstruction, though I still believe the comparison is a bit off

It really isn't though, both are struggles for equality. Are they on the exact same scale? Of course not.

While where you live being a homosexual may be viewed as fine, there is still a large portion of Americans who do in fact view homosexual as"sub-human" and view homosexuality as a type of birth defect. These uneducated, hateful human beings paint homosexuals as sexual deviants who aremore likely to be child molesters, and act on their sexual urges more often that a heterosexual person would. This is just a small portion of a wide array offalse information that is still spread about homosexuals to this day in certain regions of this country.

They are painted as "the other" and inhuman so their rights can be violated, much in the way that was done to African Americans, albeit not in thesame exact ways, but it is still happening, and it is still a struggle for civil rights.

grin.gif

See, this is exactly what I was talking about. These bias feelings about homosexuals "just looking for a tax break" are completelyfalse. You feel the reason they want to marry is because they want a tax break, and not because they love one another. Also, you feel that it is just for a taxbreak, and not because, AS HUMANS, they feel they should be treated equally.

-Someone needs to benefit you in someway for you to have sympathy for their struggle.....
eyes.gif

how u think politics works?
grin.gif

Are you a politician? Why do you feel the need to deny your fellow man his civil rights?

laugh.gif

Black is NOT A CULTURE FAM
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

grin.gif

laugh.gif

-This again
laugh.gif
(you're a Black Dominican)
-Because homosexuals don't love each other as much as heterosexual couples do. They're just looking for tax breaks
-As Nako pointed out, there is a huge minority homosexual population. Homosexuality carries more of a stigma in minority culture than it does in the white culture, so more of them are "down-low"
black dominican =
indifferent.gif
both my parents are Santodominigo, im 100% dominican

fabolous is a black & dominican, AZ is a black & dominican

eyes.gif

how u think politics works?
grin.gif

This thread hurts my eyes.
Too much bolding.

But of course one of main reasons why Gay marriage hasen't become legalized
yet is because in it's objection social barriers can be created.

I don't think either side of the argument no longer gives a f about marriage,
but its now just the principle of being able to.

People are to just to conceited , they feel as they would be co-signing homosexuality and in a Christian's
case going against "Gods" law.

What the media does is give a false description of who these objectors are, they place the blame upon
minorities....especially black minorities...and those who are in the lowers level of office.

Throwing out numbers, percentages and biased reports..
causing such arguments and statements as the ones presented is this thread.

If those who are pushing for such things as gay marriage in NY open their eyes and see that they are being lead into
a false fight and reset the target, they might be able to get something done.

Just because someone was once in a struggle with the same enemy in a completely different battle
they are now entitled to support you?
How can you settle with another who is under a religion that doesn't allow your lifestyle?

These are the issues that these people are battling with.
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

You seen the length and the heaviness of the battle african-amerians had and still today have to
go through to reason with this system.

That constitution can say whatever the hell its wants. But it aint passing unless they say so and have a reason
to.

black dominican =
indifferent.gif
both my parents are Santo dominigo, im 100% dominican

I used to think like this too, but being black has absolutely nothing to do with culture. Do you only consider people from Africa black?

You can be 100% Dominican and be black. In fact, a lot of Dominicans, Cubans, Puerto Ricans are.

Thank you Nako. I can respect that.

Thats admission of error was stand up thing to do.

I didn't even want to address the racial issue on first page but we have enough negative stereotypes (and real problems) heaped on our shoulders as itis...I found it messed up that Black Politicians band together, risking their political futures to do the right thing and still get panned because of 1 man.Thats the only reason I went in.

And I do echo your sentiment of disgust against these poverty pimps and their manipulation of ignorant voters but in the case of Diaz....you have to rememberthat his power base is one of the poorest, most religious and least educated locales in the entire nation. In essence he is accurately reflecting the voice ofhis voting bloc. In this case his vote may be open to debate but he is only playing by the mandates of our representative democracy. And the South Bronx votingbloc is really a victim of our political process as a whole. T.H.U.G. L.I.F.E.

As a sidenote, I'm not irrational, crazy or stupid...so please stop treating me that way.

I'm also not all-knowing or perfect (far from it) so if you take issue with something I say on here please respectfully speak on it out.

I admit that in the past I came at you kind of hardbody but I calmed that down a while ago.

Going forward, I think wee can disagree without being disagreeable.

We're both too grown and intelligent to be acting juvenile in discussion of serious topics. We might have something to learn (and teach) from each other ifwe just hear each other out first.

I'm still going to roast you on the joking tip though
laugh.gif
7d4360a3401a4d7851bda795711d661cacb11772.jpg

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
black culture is not a culture?
indifferent.gif

i live on da border of black & hispanic culture every day, its not da same.

going by skin color to think who's black and who's white is ignorant, skin color merely means how close your ancestors are to da equator. i don't

hear Egyptians gettin called black and they in da african continent
laugh.gif
eyes.gif

culture & context >>>skin color.

black dominican =
indifferent.gif

I used to think like this too, but being black has absolutely nothing to do with culture. Do you only consider people from Africa black?

You can be 100% Dominican and be black. In fact, a lot of Dominicans, Cubans, Puerto Ricans are.

Son said AZ was Black Dominican. I don't know why this is such a hard concept to grasp.

African-American/Dominican/Nigerian=Culture
Black=Race, people with African blood

I remember being frustrated in that thread. It's like tryna teach a 6 year old calculus.

black dominican =
indifferent.gif

Son said AZ was Black Dominican. I don't know why this is such a hard concept to grasp.

I remember being frustrated in that thread. It's like tryna teach a 6 year old calculus.
I can't even front, a few years ago I couldn't separate the two. Thankfully my girl schooled me.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by CallHimAR

While where you live being a homosexual may be viewed as fine,
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]This is true[/color]
laugh.gif

there is still a large portion of Americans who do in fact view homosexual as "sub-human" and view homosexuality as a type of birth defect.
Lies, they believe it is a choice , don't they? Maybe I am just using a broad brush.
These uneducated, hateful human
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)](Opinion, I believe many genuinely are only anti-gay marriage due to religious belief and not personal hate)[/color]
beings paint homosexuals as sexual deviants who are more likely to be child molesters, and act on their sexual urges more often that a heterosexual person would. This is just a small portion of a wide array of false information that is still spread about homosexuals to this day in certain regions of this country.
Agreed, these type of comments are extremely disgusting.

They are painted as "the other" and inhuman so their rights can be violated, much in the way that was done to African Americans, albeit not in the same exact ways, but it is still happening, and it is still a struggle for civil rights.
Devil's advocate is all.
By the way, Vallejo mayor's 'gay sin' remarks ignite protest

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
black culture is not a culture?
indifferent.gif

i live on da border of black & hispanic culture every day, its not da same.

going by skin color to think who's black and who's white is ignorant, skin color merely means how close your ancestors are to da equator. i don't

hear Egyptians gettin called black and they in da african continent
laugh.gif
eyes.gif

culture & context >>>skin color.
There's no such thing as black culture b.....what exactly is black culture? The term Black encompasses a diversity of people, many of whomhave cultures that are very different from one another.

It's cool if you don't wanna call yourself black, "race" doesn't mean anything at the end of the day. Just don't use it the wayyou're using it.

black dominican =
indifferent.gif

Race doesn't exist.
We are all the same people.
But in today's social realm ,to be Black, Dominican, Asian, Caucasian, etc is essentially to be a part of a stereotypical "culture".

I don't even know what you guys are arguing about...Not to toot my own horn but I def layed out the difference in my last post.

black dominican =
indifferent.gif

nah i dissagree

black is a skin color and black is a culture.'

my skin maybe dark, but blacks and hispanics are not da same culturally.

and besides what are you gonna say about Alex Rodriguez, that he's a "white dominican"? way to divide us even more
eyes.gif
smh.gif

besides hispanics go more by features then skin color.

Ninjahood might be one of the most stubborn, brick headed, uncompromising people i've ever encountered online or real life

BLACK is not a culture

African Americans are BLACK
Africans are BLACK
West Indians are BLACK

none of those 3 have the same culture, so how exactly can BLACK be a culture.

i dont even know why i bothered typing all that, his ole pigheaded self wont be able to comprehend something that is contrary to what he believes

Back
Top Bottom