New York State Lawmakers Reject Gay Marriage Bill

I dont why do gay people make it a big deal to get married if (to me) marriage is a religious thing.

They dont need a title or paper to state theyre a couple.

Legally I dont see a reason, just IMO.

and there are other continuing of species opinions I have but theyre pretty obvious so I dont want to get flamed....
How can you not see a reason legally? Do you not understand that marriage licenses are handed out by the state government which grants a number ofprivileges to married couples?

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the only solution to this problem is the true separation of church and state. Meaning when two people wantto join in a legal union, they receive a license of civil union from the state, which grants them the same rights that a marriage license gives them now. Thisshould be the case for all people, not just homosexuals. Then, if they decide that they want to be married by what ever church they subscribe to, that is acompletely different issue. Then, everyone would in fact be equal under the law. This is seemingly the only way this debate will ever end, because thehypocrites in government will never allow a homosexual couple to be "married" under the law, when in fact, no one should be married under state lawbecause it is in fact Unconstitutional.

This is the only logical thing to do, because marriage is not a political issue in this country, it is a spiritual issue.

Originally Posted by HueyP in LouieV

Thank you for letting me not have to be "that guy" this time Cage...

This cat Nako and many others, have that seed of self hatred and Tomishness planted deep within their psyche. How do you preemptively turn a gay marriage thread into an attack on "socially conservative minorities"?
This dude never fails, black people can do no wrong in his eyes. I don't see how what he said warrants him being called an uncle Tom.
eyes.gif

Waits for Huey P to call me, Nako's butt buddy. Many African Americans and other minority groups are homophobes and hold prejudiced feelings towardhomosexuals, deny it all you want. Judging by your "Butt-Buddy" comments, you're definitely one of those gay-bashing black people.

Originally Posted by CallHimAR

I dont why do gay people make it a big deal to get married if (to me) marriage is a religious thing.

and there are other continuing of species opinions I have but theyre pretty obvious so I dont want to get flamed....
How can you not see a reason legally? Do you not understand that marriage licenses are handed out by the state government which grants a number of privileges to married couples?

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the only solution to this problem is the true separation of church and state. Meaning when two people want to join in a legal union, they receive a license of civil union from the state, which grants them the same rights that a marriage license gives them now. This should be the case for all people, not just homosexuals. Then, if they decide that they want to be married by what ever church they subscribe to, that is a completely different issue. Then, everyone would in fact be equal under the law. This is seemingly the only way this debate will ever end, because the hypocrites in government will never allow a homosexual couple to be "married" under the law, when in fact, no one should be married under state law because it is in fact Unconstitutional.

This is the only logical thing to do, because marriage is not a political issue in this country, it is a spiritual issue.

Yeah but still

Mannnn....stop playing the victim role. You constantly reply to my posts with sarcastic, exaggerated and insult laden replies. You're steady attacking meunprovoked. I express my opinions or present an argument and you scoff your way into the thread, mocking my views without ever offering a rebuttal....Puttingmy name as tags in your corny threads and what not.

Yesterday you were done debating me...now you want to engage in a debate to save face?
laugh.gif

How did I turn attempt to turn it into a "race war" when you made 4 unprovoked, racially motivated posts in a thread about gay marriage? And thenstill, I only replied with an emoticon. It was someone else that called you out on your ignorance. You were the one that should've left race at the door asit has nothing to do with the article you posted or the topic of this particular thread.

You want to keep this vaguely intelligent?...you should've thought about that before you made these "vaguely" ******ed comments....

Originally Posted by Nako XL

Some NY state senators are extremely conservative ministers (it's important to mention they're Blacks and Latinos) and have pretty much turned the debate into "the bible and what marriage means vs. homosexuals".
Nako XL wrote:
So yes. It is important for me to point out that the New York Senators leading the charge, and the ONLY ones willing to speak out to the press (with bible thumping justifications) are Black and Latino.

The facts remain that,

1)....
In the end, it was not an issue that broke down along racial lines, or even religious and agnostic divisions. In fact, nine of the Senate's 11 black members voted in support of same-sex marriage.

2)....
The state's Roman Catholic bishops, who had actively lobbied against the bill, said they were pleased by the vote.
"While the Catholic Church rejects unjust discrimination against homosexual men and women, there is no question that marriage by its nature is the union of one man and one woman," Richard E. Barnes, the executive director of the New York State Catholic Conference, said in a statement.
(Strongest religious lobby in the State is majority White and its director is a White man...who"was willing to speak out to the press")

& 3)...
You're an Uncle Tom

In conclusion, there is no need for a debate. I stated my opinion on the topic of the tyhread....you claimed to have agreed with it and perhaps mostironically, your self-hating tendencies have once again been placed on full display.

I think my job is done here.

Enjoy your thread my brother.
466364b840b64ae4586da19a75e066da8aa06763.gif

Cliff notes:
Spoiler [+]
dv6no.jpg

The history of marriage has nothing to do with anything.As a means of comparison,The United States has a history of racism and slavery but that doesn'thold in any weight in it's current proceedings. There are religious marriages, but people who don't believe in God get married all the time.

It's a shame that we can tell anybody who they can legally get married to.
smh.gif
at the NY legislature.

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

In California, 70% of African Americans polled voted to pass Prop 8 (banning gay marriage). By FAR the highest percentage of any other race. Fact.

http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/results/polls/#val=CAI01p1

Point being?.....
prior to this thread did you know who Ruben Diaz Sr. was?

EDIT

at the time of this post, do you know who he is?
Fam, I have lived in the Bronx for 18 years and I was an 1199 Union Delegate for 5 of those years.

The Diaz family is a staple in the Bx...they have been riding down streets with blowhorns attached to trucks, making their presence known for as long as I canremember.

Theres a picture of Ruben Diaz Sr. in the middle of our union pinned to the billboard at work.

Ruben Diaz doesn't justify your ignorant and flat out false statements in regards to "minorities" in this thread.

Stop trying to save face...I repeat:

dv6no.jpg

In California, 70% of African Americans polled voted to pass Prop 8 (banning gay marriage). By FAR the highest percentage of any other race. Fact.

Point being?.....

EDIT

Fam, I have lived in the Bronx for 18 years and I was an 1199 Union Delegate for 5 of those years.

The Diaz family is a staple in the Bx...they have been riding down streets with blowhorns attached to trucks, making their presence known for as long as I can remember. Thers a picture of Ruben Diaz Sr. in the middle of our union pinned to the billboard at work.

dv6no.jpg
so i say "conservative black ministers have been pushing for the legislation to be defeated"

you call me an uncle tom and insinuate i'm spreading propaganda against minorities

i name drop Ruben Diaz Sr. because as a New Yorker I know of him. You, a New Yorker who apparently lives in the Bronx, ignore that post and start quoting well9 out of 11 black senators voted for it.

I then clarify that conservatives were going to minority neighborhoods in the bronx, harlem, yonkers, and elsewhere pushing people to write their senators andrepresentatives to vote against the legislation.

you who live in one of the neighborhoods i was talking about, then quote the 9 out of 11 stat again, as if it some how discredits what i said.

i post an article where diaz himself talks about doing it.

i state an opinion about how i hate conservatives turning to minorities only when it suits them, then make valid points about the constitution.

you ignore those points, personal attack again, and then accuse me of trying "to save face."

"to save face."

ok haze. if you have nothing else to add...

Originally Posted by ShaunHillFTW49

Originally Posted by CallHimAR

How can you not see a reason legally? Do you not understand that marriage licenses are handed out by the state government which grants a number of privileges to married couples?

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the only solution to this problem is the true separation of church and state. Meaning when two people want to join in a legal union, they receive a license of civil union from the state, which grants them the same rights that a marriage license gives them now. This should be the case for all people, not just homosexuals. Then, if they decide that they want to be married by what ever church they subscribe to, that is a completely different issue. Then, everyone would in fact be equal under the law. This is seemingly the only way this debate will ever end, because the hypocrites in government will never allow a homosexual couple to be "married" under the law, when in fact, no one should be married under state law because it is in fact Unconstitutional.

Yeah but still

Never gets old.
laugh.gif

While it also a lot of the Italian and Irish Catholic senators, you can't deny that minority, mainly African-American and Puerto Rican, senators are notarguably one of the larger forces behind the bill being rejected age. I think the reason Nako points that out is because it is said to see a group whoserights were restricted for s long doing the same to others. I know y'all had beef for a while but ain't no ned for the uncle tom *+$+.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

While it also a lot of the Italian and Irish Catholic senators, you can't deny that minority, mainly African-American and Puerto Rican, senators are not arguably one of the larger forces behind the bill being rejected age. I think the reason Nako points that out is because it is said to see a group whose rights were restricted for s long doing the same to others. I know y'all had beef for a while but ain't no ned for the uncle tom *+$+.

Son....

Only 2 "Minority" Senators voted against it....24 White Senators voted against it.

What the hell are y'all talking about?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

how big is the black population overall in CA?
not as many as hispanics, they rule da west coast.
The state's Roman Catholic bishops, who had actively lobbied against the bill, said they were pleased by the vote.
"While the Catholic Church rejects unjust discrimination against homosexual men and women, there is no question that marriage by its nature is the union of one man and one woman," Richard E. Barnes, the executive director of the New York State Catholic Conference, said in a statement.
told ya, too many Catholics

and da gay movement ain't gonna get NO traction until they reach out to minorities for support, its hilarious they think otherwise. comparing da gaymovement to

civil rights movement is a serious slap in da face for alot of African Americans.....and immigration reform is WAAAAY more important to me then people'sbedroom

preferences.

While it also a lot of the Italian and Irish Catholic senators, you can't deny that minority, mainly African-American and Puerto Rican, senators are not arguably one of the larger forces behind the bill being rejected age. I think the reason Nako points that out is because it is said to see a group whose rights were restricted for s long doing the same to others. I know y'all had beef for a while but ain't no ned for the uncle tom *+$+.

Son....

Only 2 "Minority" Senators voted against it....24 White Senators voted against it.

laugh.gif

why are you ignoring my posts?

Too ignorant and too uneducated to see the hypocrisy behind their attitudes toward homosexual. SMH X 10000000
smh.gif

Son....

laugh.gif

Because you're rambling...what in your post should I address, seriously?

I don't see the point you were trying to make.

Because you're rambling...what in your post should I address, seriously?

I don't see the point you were trying to make.

Point being?.....

EDIT

The Diaz family is a staple in the Bx...they have been riding down streets with blowhorns attached to trucks, making their presence known for as long as I can remember. Thers a picture of Ruben Diaz Sr. in the middle of our union pinned to the billboard at work.

dv6no.jpg
so i say "conservative black ministers have been pushing for the legislation to be defeated"

you call me an uncle tom and insinuate i'm spreading propaganda against minorities

i name drop Ruben Diaz Sr. because as a New Yorker I know of him. You, a New Yorker who apparently lives in the Bronx, ignore that post and start quoting well 9 out of 11 black senators voted for it.

I then clarify that conservatives were going to minority neighborhoods in the bronx, harlem, yonkers, and elsewhere pushing people to write their senators and representatives to vote against the legislation.

you who live in one of the neighborhoods i was talking about, then quote the 9 out of 11 stat again, as if it some how discredits what i said.

i post an article where diaz himself talks about doing it.

i state an opinion about how i hate conservatives turning to minorities only when it suits them, then make valid points about the constitution.

you ignore those points, personal attack again, and then accuse me of trying "to save face."

"to save face."

ok haze. if you have nothing else to add...

do you see it now? or are you going to keep up the condescending bull ##*+?

Back
Top Bottom