New Season Thread Made, Move on Over :)

Well, we may be better set up for THIS season with that set up, but understand, 2 years from now we are Howard + ????
2 years from now, going forward with Howard + Paul and whatever else would look MUCH MUCH better. That would be TWO 28-29 year old elites runnin our squad, and bodies would PILE up to wear the purple and gold to play with CP3 and Dwight. It would be insane.
So we're in great shape this year and next, sure, but we'd be stronger further ahead with those two locked in going forward.

We have this guy.. I'm not worried

I'm not worried either, never am, but #1 C and #1 PG BOTH locked up for 5+ years done and over with is much safer than what may or may not happen in a few years. I already know we'll do work in the future, I have no doubts, but hard to improve on the #1 player at the two most important positions in the sport. :lol:

Still some discussion about Lakers pursuing Barbosa AND Kenyon...

Kenyon is holding out.. May sit out until January or Retire if he doesn't get an offer he likes :lol: . It doesn't change how much money he gets. Shows he isn't enthused to play. Kind of turns me off to the prospects of him in LA.

Barbosa could be a Laker, but it will only be 1 year. He made the mistake of waiting until late in Free Agency to start talking to teams because of the Olympics thinking the money would still be there. If he signed mid- July he probably would have gotten $4mil a year.

Being greedy I'd like both.. And then you have even more assets to make a trade by trade deadline..

I think we should get Barbosa and make him the backup PG (even if he can't play the position traditionally).. Barbosa/Meeks/Ebanks/Jamison/Hill is a hell of a bench. Also gives us some assets to make a trade for teams with injuries and are on the verge of the playoffs but need a veteran badly since we'll have 5 PGs (3 of which are expendable)... Also we'd could put Ebanks & Metta out there to see what we can get come trade deadline.. If Barbosa isn't working out.. You have him at $1mil for the rest of the season to trade for.. That's a very attractive trade piece.

Then go into next year and have to replace Jamison, Barbosa & Ebanks on the bench... And $3.5mil to go after a backup PG which would be priority #1.

Only downside to getting Barbosa.... Goudelock or Johnson-Odom will get the boot.

Last edited:
Still some discussion about Lakers pursuing Barbosa AND Kenyon...
Kenyon is holding out.. May sit out until January or Retire if he doesn't get an offer he likes :lol: . It doesn't change how much money he gets. Shows he isn't enthused to play. Kind of turns me off to the prospects of him in LA.
Barbosa could be a Laker, but it will only be 1 year. He made the mistake of waiting until late in Free Agency to start talking to teams because of the Olympics thinking the money would still be there. If he signed mid- July he probably would have gotten $4mil a year.
Being greedy I'd like both.. And then you have even more assets to make a trade by trade deadline..
I think we should get Barbosa and make him the backup PG (even if he can't play the position traditionally).. Barbosa/Meeks/Ebanks/Jamison/Hill is a hell of a bench. Also gives us some assets to make a trade for teams with injuries and are on the verge of the playoffs but need a veteran badly since we'll have 5 PGs (3 of which are expendable)... Also we'd could put Ebanks & Metta out there to see what we can get come trade deadline.. If Barbosa isn't working out.. You have him at $1mil for the rest of the season to trade for.. That's a very attractive trade piece.
Then go into next year and have to replace Jamison, Barbosa & Ebanks on the bench... And $3.5mil to go after a backup PG which would be priority #1.
Only downside to getting Barbosa.... Goudelock or Johnson-Odom will get the boot.

Let's be real though, having Barbosa this year > Goudelock now or down the road.

Let's be real though, having Barbosa this year > Goudelock now or down the road.

You're 100% right.. He's just a guy we all like... That's why it's a downside. If it was Caracter who is gone like last year.. No one gives a damn

James Worthy doesnt really "analyze" the game

Every time i watch the "Worthy spin" on kcal its just him describing what is shown on the screen no analysis whatsoever :lol:

and thank god theres no Jim hill

Nets & Suns are not pursuing Barbosa... Based on how the other teams are playing it no one else is either..

Value Signing since he is obviously not getting anything above Vet Min for whatever reason...

I imagine it is something along the lines of a non-guaranteed contract for around $473k per.

Last edited:
Dwight Howard will not be available for the Lakers’ exhibition opener Oct. 7 in Fresno against Golden State, the Lakers announced Thursday, indicating Howard will keep taking his recovery slow before the Oct. 30 regular-season opener.
Howard is rehabilitating from April 20 spinal surgery and began workouts Monday with Lakers athletic trainer Gary Vitti and head physical therapist Judy Seto, as I reported Tuesday.
The Lakers declined to provide any update from his initial workouts, but on Thursday they announced Howard would not be ready for the Oct. 2 first practice or the Oct. 7 first game. Ruling him out already for the first exhibition is an indication that the Lakers and Howard will be conservative in bringing him back and probably not test him in many exhibition contests. He last played a game April 7 for the Orlando Magic.
The Lakers said Howard has had no setbacks during his rehab, which now includes core stabilization, upper and lower body strengthening, light running and shooting. Howard was expected by the Lakers to take six or seven months to recover from surgery; six months would take him to Oct. 20.

Link:

http://lakers.ocregister.com/2012/0...nt-be-ready-for-oct-7-exhbition-opener/73925/

Sorry I'm still in shock at how this team was able to improve so much, yet still kept one of the biggest frontlines in the league?

Still amazed.

I'm standing by my prediction of Dwight being ready for opening night. He'll be allowed to ease into the season though.

Back
Top Bottom