New Season Thread Made, Move on Over :)

i cant wait to watch, on west im interested in watching denver, clips, thunder, wolves to go up against lakers

might have to get league pass this season, have to watch missed lakers game after a 12 hour shift :x

Last edited:
Mike Brown is giving Eddie Jordan reign on offense.. He sets the schemes, and Brown gives tweaks....

Jordan said Nash & Jamison will be key in implementing offense for everyone..

Then said Kobe has Princeton Offense down completely..

All fair points. but let me tackle them 1 by 1.

"The Heat can't play 5 guys on the perimeter.. And even if they did It will be a lot of switching by smart veterans on Defense.. Throw Bosh in the corner, and put Pau on him because someone has to play rebounder for the Heat... You can't just let everyone stand 20 feet away and expect to win games against competitive teams, because you can't. And whoever is the rebounder is who Dwight plays.. Or else you are looking at trying to get all points on iso if you're the Heat.."

They wouldn't be playing 5 "on the perimeter." Bosh plays the majority of the possesions between the block and the free throw line. On the block, Dwight has his number, but Bosh is $$ from the free throw line/elbow, which forces Dwight to come out and still allows Bosh to crash the boards.  Also, Lebron/Wade are both great rebounders for their positions.  Which is a reason the Heat can get away with "small ball."

I don't really understand what you mean by "looking at trying to get all points on iso if you're the heat.."  Lebron is one of the best facilitators in the league.  Also Chalmers, Wade, Bosh, and Miller are all skilled passers.  Spoelstra finally had Lebron/Wade/Bosh all playing off of each other late in the playoffs, rather than having Wade/Lebron go iso like they had been doing since they all got together... 

I trust Kobe on Wade. And Metta on Lebron.. Pau on Battier.. Dwight on Bosh...Just play man to man straight up and a lot of what the Heat did against the Thunder will be moot.
What Bron did to the Thunder was his skills.. And Scott Brooks being one of the worst defensive minded Coaches in the League and always trying to collapse on Lebron.. Just play him straight up an let him get his points.. And by doing that you take the entire Heat roster out of the flow of the game..

Kobe-Wade is pretty even.  Both are aging  (Wade faster than Kobe).  Metta of course is a great defender, but getting old and Lebron is only getting better at this point. He's the best player in the world (sorry Kobe), so what do you really expect? Pau/Battier is interesting.  Pau will post Battier all day but like I said before, the Heat will force Pau to the perimeter and Battier can drain it (ala 2012 playoffs)...so you've got to respect that.  Bosh/Howard....No one can "stop" Howard...they can only check him.  He is the best center in the league, but Bosh is a skilled 6'11 big...I think you're underestimating the defensive improvements he's taken as a member of the Heat.  Until Dwight is skilled enough defensively to demand double teams every time down the floor or develops ANY type of jump shot, Bosh will be just fine.  I think Steve Nash will blend nicely with everyone offensively, but he's such a gaping hole on defense.  A serious liability.  What do you mean play Lebron "straight up" and let him get his points?  You think Mike Brown is going to tell his team "Hey just let Lebron do his thing. We'll be fine!!!"

And tell me this IF the Heat & Lakers play in the finals who guards Dwight? Bosh? If that's so you just pound the ball in play after play.. And watch Bosh get demolished or get in foul trouble.. Then you are playing Joel Anthony on Dwight and it gets worse.

Bosh would most likely start off on Dwight...which I just addressed.  But I think the Heat will throw a mixture of defenders at him to either foul him/throw him off.  He's a horrific free throw shooter.  Like I said, he's the best C in the league. But the Heat have the best/fastest defensive rotations in the league.  It will definitely be very intriguing to watch.  If you want to talk about foul trouble....what happens if Dwight picks up a few quick ones? Same with Pau? Or even Metta?  Who do you have to back your bigs up? I like Jordan Hill but he's still so raw.  No one else on your roster other than Metta can come close to hanging with Lebron defensively...he'll have to be careful with fouls, which Lebron will take full advantage of.  Also, out of all your point guards currently on the roster, I think Derek Fisher would defend any opposing point guard better than them. That's a problem Mike Brown will have to address early in the season.  Having Dwight/Pau sitting in the lane will definitely help with that, but the Heat would expose that VERY quickly...and a guy like Russell Westbrook would feast on the free throw jumper. 

You don't need Pau & Howard clogging the lane.. Howard alone can defend the paint, and push players out of the paint.. Have Pau defend the high post pushing them to long range jumpers and everyone else defend 20 feet plus..

That was the problem with the Lakers defense last year.. Bynum is not good at moving.. Good defender, but can't move well. So we needed Pau closer to the basket which left a nice area for other teams to feast.

Howard pushes them out.. Pau pushes them further out..

And why wouldn't you let Lebron score his points.. What purpose does it serve to double and triple team off shooters like Brooks did.. And is the reason the Thunder lost... Let Lebron do his thing, and score his points... He's going to score 20+ regardless.. When you start doubling and tripling on him is when you let everyone get off, and make it near impossible to stop because you won't be able to rotate as much as you want.. So play man on every one.. Let Metta do what he has to against Lebron.. But at the same time stay on your man and take all of them out of the game.. Take everyone else out and Lebron has to do it alone.

Help defense killed the Thunder.. Anyone who watched it knows it. Ask DatZ. Scott Brooks was too dumb to realize that..

Every time Lebron drove..Help comes over 1-3 guys each time. Leaves a shooter open... Lebron passes to open shooter, help defense now has to panic and rotate again.... Shooter makes the extra pass for the easiest 3 you could ever take..

Heat are a good team... So are the Lakers.. To say Lakers can't run with the Heat is ignoring that the Lakers match up extremely well...

Last edited:
You don't need Pau & Howard clogging the lane.. Howard alone can defend the paint, and push players out of the paint.. Have Pau defend the high post pushing them to long range jumpers and everyone else defend 20 feet plus..
That was the problem with the Lakers defense last year.. Bynum is not good at moving.. Good defender, but can't move well. So we needed Pau closer to the basket which left a nice area for other teams to feast.
Howard pushes them out.. Pau pushes them further out..
And why wouldn't you let Lebron score his points.. What purpose does it serve to double and triple team off shooters like Brooks did.. And is the reason the Thunder lost... Let Lebron do his thing, and score his points... He's going to score 20+ regardless.. When you start doubling and tripling on him is when you let everyone get off, and make it near impossible to stop because you won't be able to rotate as much as you want.. So play man on every one.. Let Metta do what he has to against Lebron.. But at the same time stay on your man and take all of them out of the game.. Take everyone else out and Lebron has to do it alone.
Help defense killed the Thunder.. Anyone who watched it knows it. Ask DatZ. Scott Brooks was too dumb to realize that..
Every time Lebron drove..Help comes over 1-3 guys each time. Leaves a shooter open... Lebron passes to open shooter, help defense now has to panic and rotate again.... Shooter makes the extra pass for the easiest 3 you could ever take..
Heat are a good team... So are the Lakers.. To say Lakers can't run with the Heat is ignoring that the Lakers match up extremely well...
When did I ever say they can't run with the Heat? If anything I'm saying the exact opposite, but I stand with my point that the Heat are a vastly superior machine.

What I don't think you understand is that the Heat are going to make teams choose. When you run Dwade and Lebron off each other with the pick and roll or off ball screens, and utilize Chris Bosh at the free throw line as a passer/shooter, there's more to it than just "letting Lebron get his." You have to account for 3 superstars who can score from multiple spots on the floor, not just one.

I was reading about Blake Griffin saying Lakers look good on paper...

I looked at the Clippers bench... Easily one of the best in the league..

But I'm curious how Bledsoe, Odom fare again playing 12-13 minutes a game. Bledsoe was ineffective because his minutes were cut down so much and injury... And Odom's emotional instability was is downfall last year, and you assume will not matter since he's in LA. But he's never played this little.

And Matt Barnes will never play... You assume Caron gets 28 minutes per game.. That leaves 20 minutes that will be eaten by Hill..

Last edited:
The LAL starting 4 look good on paper. :D

Barnes>Gomes

Bledsoe will be the 1st pg off the bench and L-O will backup Blake.

Last edited:
The LAL starting 4 look good on paper. :D
Barnes>Gomes

No doubt both teams look good on paper..

And let's not act as if Lakers bench isn't good right now.. I'll give you your Backup PG & SF is better.. But we're not the Troy Murphy bench of last year either.

But does Barnes > Gomes actually matter if he never plays (barring injury)

He's third on SF depth chart.. And Billups may miss 2-3 weeks of the season.. If that at all..

With two SG's on the depth chart... And two SF's on the depth chart... Barnes won't play.. And we both know that.

Bledsoe has potential.. But ain't no way he plays 20 minutes he deserves.. With so little playing time.. Will he keep getting better or plateau..

With Odom.. How effective will he be at 12-15 minutes per game. When he's used to 29-32 for the past decade plus

Last edited:
Hey I'm not saying we'll go 73-9 :lol: but we should be as good as if not better than last season. Chemistry is not our foe. Plus we are way deeper from 1-10(come to think of it we're two deep at every position yall can have the paper) Should be an interesting season for both LA teams for sure. Also, I'd rather have Barnes in there as 3rd stringer than cheerleader Gomes and Billups rehab is on schedule so he is expected to not be out as long as you think.

Last edited:
Hey I'm not saying we'll go 73-9 :lol: but we should be as good as if not better than last season. Chemistry is not our foe. Plus we are way deeper from 1-10( Come to think of it we're two deep at every position yall can have the paper.) Should be an interesting season for both LA teams for sure. Also, I'd rather have Barnes in there as 3rd stringer than cheerleader Gomes and Billups rehab is on schedule so he is expected to not be out as long as you think.

I said 2-3 weeks for Billups.. If he misses no time good for him.. I'm not saying he'll miss months. And the end of last month they were saying he'd be back in November sometime.

You're not two deep at every position.. Are you really considering Ronny Turiaf as being deep? Don't get me wrong I love Ron for his energy when he was on the Lakers, but if he makes it two deep then Blake & Ebanks, puts the Lakers at two deep.

And let's not act like both benches were absolutely atrocious last year.. And both improved to putting up league average stats.... They could put up better, but both teams won't rely on their bench in the manner teams like the Sixers did last year

Last edited:
C being the exception with Jordan/Turiaf/Hollins there but Evans/Kmart had their weaknesses too. In fact, we pwned or beat several elite conference teams (i.e. OKC 3-1) during the season with less than what we have now.

Last edited:
Dwight will ultimately stay in LA. Trust me dude is not stupid. More money, more exposure and most of all a great Franchise always committed to winning.

Back
Top Bottom