New Season Thread Made, Move on Over :)

Not a lick :lol: I think he would play staggered minutes at PG with Kobe.. And Nash plays staggered minutes with Meeks...So it gives Kobe some time as primary ball handler with Barbosa reacting off of him.. Rather than Barbosa never passing as primary ball handler..

Good point, cause when Barbosa has the rock he has blinders on. I couldn't believe some of the "F the team" stuff he was trying against the heat when the pacers were up or had the momentum.

The difference is that Karl and Gary were in the twilight of their careers. Dwight is still in prime but Cuban is right chemistry is needed. Although, we did have good chemistry back in 2004. That injury to Karl really hurt us in the Finals. He was that glue to our team.

Umm..

No that team didn't.

Even before that season started there was a dark cloud hanging over the team with Shaq & Kobe publicly feuding with each other in the newspapers. Kobe had his whole Colorado sexual assault case going on.GP during the playoffs was all pissed when we played the Spurs and Tony Parker was killing him.Kobe that season in a regular season game @ Sacramento took like 5 shots the whole game and someone on the team went to the press saying "Kobe sabotaged the game" and the next day at practice Kobe was pissed and confronted the whole team.

Last edited:
Umm..
No that team didn't.
Even before that season started there was a dark cloud hanging over the team with Shaq & Kobe publicly feuding with each other in the newspapers. Kobe had his whole Colorado sexual assault case going on.GP during the playoffs was all pissed when we played the Spurs and Tony Parker was killing him.Kobe that season in a regular season game @ Sacramento took like 5 shots the whole game and someone on the team went to the press saying "Kobe sabotaged the game" and the next day at practice Kobe was pissed and confronted the whole team.

You're right but at the same time all of that was all put to rest during the playoffs. Malone was that glue that brought everyone together. He was the rock and he was hurt throughout the year. We made it to the Finals that year. You don't make the Finals without any type of chemistry. That Spurs series really showed that team's will win being down 0-2 and obviously Fish' shot just made us that much closer. But like I said, Malone's injury really killed our momentum and we were exposed by Detroit.

Umm..
No that team didn't.

Not to mention, it spawned an entire book by Phil Jackson. It wasn't all nasty, but it was certainly dramatic.

Remember reading that this team photo took awhile to shoot because certain players didn't want to stand next to another certain player.

if pretty sure Nash, dwight and kobe are really motivated to win a ring, especially Nash. just thinking about the line up... ****t lakers better win

I'm kind of hoping that we get Barbosa as a cost saving measure..

Follow me here....

Sign Barbosa for Vet Minimum (He is almost certainly taking that)
Move him to PG for 20 mpg along side Kobe...
Nash plays 14 minutes with Kobe.. 14 minutes with Meeks.. Which I honestly think would have been the plan to have Nash play with the Bench as well.
It allows Duhon, Blake & Morris to be expendable...
Search the ethos for a team desperate for a backup PG due to injury or just depth issues.. Trade one or two of those 3 for a 15th man and a second round pick.. And you save at least $1million as much as $2.5.
Gives us 1 more Second Rounder that we can toy with through the trade deadline..

That would be the best course of actions, and gets us out of blake or Duhon 1 year early.

Last edited:
I don't see anyone taking Blake's contract. Maybe there's a taker for Duhon in a few months if an injury happens and they view Duhon as a stop gap, albeit a semi-expensive one. I suppose Morris could be had for a second rounder.

I don't see anyone taking Blake's contract. Maybe there's a taker for Duhon in a few months if an injury happens and they view Duhon as a stop gap, albeit a semi-expensive one. I suppose Morris could be had for a second rounder.

Blazer? They always want Blake :lol:

Umm..
No that team didn't.

You're right but at the same time all of that was all put to rest during the playoffs. Malone was that glue that brought everyone together. He was the rock and he was hurt throughout the year. We made it to the Finals that year. You don't make the Finals without any type of chemistry. That Spurs series really showed that team's will win being down 0-2 and obviously Fish' shot just made us that much closer. But like I said, Malone's injury really killed our momentum and we were exposed by Detroit.

Phil was that good of a coach...

Now...Mike Brown on the other hand :smh:

Last Season before trade got nixed
Bynum
-
Artest
Paul
Bryant

No bench

This season
Howard
Gasol
Artest
Bryant
Nash

Jamison

Thank you David Stern.

Well, we may be better set up for THIS season with that set up, but understand, 2 years from now we are Howard + ????

2 years from now, going forward with Howard + Paul and whatever else would look MUCH MUCH better. That would be TWO 28-29 year old elites runnin our squad, and bodies would PILE up to wear the purple and gold to play with CP3 and Dwight. It would be insane.

So we're in great shape this year and next, sure, but we'd be stronger further ahead with those two locked in going forward.

Back
Top Bottom