New Season Thread Made, Move on Over :)

http://lakerholicz.com/top-5-reasons-why-people-hate-kobe-bryant/2012/08/30

Top 5 reasons why people hate Kobe Bryant

If you are a Laker fan, you know what it feels like to leave heated debates with critics of Kobe Bryant, scratching your head. Why don’t these people appreciate the greatness of Kobe? How could they be a fan of anyone else in the NBA, but call Kobe a bum? Why do they always come up with something negative to say no matter what you say about Kobe’s career?

I’m here to list the top 5 reasons why people hate Kobe Bryant. This list comes from my personal experiences of constantly arguing with people over and over again. These reasons are built into the subconscious minds of Lakers haters all over the world.

5. His Resilience

Let’s face it. People love juicy gossip, especially when it comes to celebrities or athletes. In this sick twisted world that we live in, people enjoy to see others fail. This almost happened to Kobe Bryant in the summer of 2003 when he was arrested of a sexual assault charge filed by a 19-year old hotel employee in Denver, CO. This was fresh off of the 3-peat and Kobe was beginning to be recognized as the absolute best player in the NBA. The accusations caused Kobe to lose huge endorsement contracts and his jersey sales fell dramatically.

Well, we all know the old saying; “Winning cures everything.” Kobe did not let this mistake ruin his basketball career. During the 03-04 season, Bryant would attend court in the morning and make it to games at night, scoring huge outputs. Of course, he eventually made it all the way back to the top by winning multiple championships and gaining his endorsements back.

This absolutely made people dislike him. Especially if you were already sick of the Lakers winning every year, you wanted more to come out of this. The rape charge was supposed to be the end of Kobe’s career. There wasn’t supposed to be any bouncing back from this, but he completely ruined those plans huh?

4. He’s “boring.”

We are not going to see Kobe doing the dougie before an All-Star game. We also won’t see him tweeting other NBA players calling them his “boys” as if he didn’t just go to war with them in a playoff series. Early in his career, he showed a lot of personality by rapping with Brian McKnight or making songs with Tyra Banks (which I am ashamed to mention). But midway through his career, it became time to get serious. You’re rarely going to see Kobe joke and play around until he is holding up that trophy at the end of the season.

Many NBA fans cannot stand this. They want to see people playing around and dancing on the sidelines. It bothers them to see this “boring” Kobe Bryant go out and dominate an NBA filled with hip hop culture. He spent most of his childhood in Italy and doesn’t have the “inner city swag” that most NBA players possess.

3. He’s a Laker

In any sport, people hate franchises that are known for always winning, making huge trades, or landing the big fish in free agency. Teams that come to mind are the Dallas Cowboys, the New York Yankees, and of course the Los Angeles Lakers. When you are the face of franchises such as these, you automatically receive an inexplicable amount of hatred towards your game.

Kobe Bryant and the Lakers have been in the NBA Finals 7 times out of the last 12 years, winning 5. NBA fans don’t want to see this. They’ve already seen Michael Jordan and the bulls dominate the 90s. This wasn’t supposed to happen again in the very next decade, which I will get to later on this list.

2. He has outlasted everyone else

From my personal experiences, I have been defending Kobe against other players in the league since the year 2000. Think about it. From the beginning of his career, I had to explain to people that he’s better than Allen Iverson, better than Tracy Mcgrady, better than Vince Carter, etc… Where are all of those guys now? How many championships have they won? How do their personal achievements stack up to Kobe’s these days?

Kobe is so great that he outlasted the original debates and has now been thrown in arguments with the new generation. The guys that he is being compared to now are damn near 10 years younger than him and the “better player” arguments are still valid to this day. Kobe went from being compared to guys like Iverson over 10 years ago to Kevin Durant and LeBron James, who are inches taller than him, years younger than him, and don’t even play the same position as him.

Let’s add up all of the championship rings that other players who have been compared to Kobe have. Let’s see. You have T-Mac, Vince Carter, Iverson, LeBron, Durant, D-Wade, and whoever else you can come up with in the last 10 years. Add them all together and do you even get 5 rings? The answer is no.

1. He’s today’s Michael Jordan

This has to be at the top of the list of why people hate Kobe Bryant so much. Throughout Michael Jordan’s career, everyone said there will never be another one and then here comes 18 year old Kobe Bryant at the tail end of Jordan’s career. Because of their undying love for MJ, people couldn’t stand to see this new guy walk, talk, and act like Jordan.

After their very first game against each other, Jordan told reporters that Kobe asked him how does he do the turn around fade away jumper that we all know and love. MJ told him “It’s all in the legs.” This shows that Kobe was a real student of Jordan’s game. He seriously wanted to be the best player in the NBA and he knew in order to do that, he would have to model his game after the greatest player who has ever lived. He literally wanted to be “like Mike” and he is.

The beautiful all around skill that we see each game is identical to Michael’s. It’s a combination of God given ability and hard work. The ability to play basketball just like the greatest player of all time has gained Kobe 5 championships, numerous awards and achievements and record breaking performances. Because he was one of the first players to enter the league straight out of high school, he is outpacing Jordan in numerous historic categories and people refuse to accept it.

Nobody can dispute the fact that their games are absolutely identical. We posted a video that caused an uproar on social networks between Kobe haters and supporters earlier this week that shows identical shots from identical spots on the court from Jordan and Bryant, which you can view here.

Sadly, the hatred towards Kobe Bryant will never end. He will always be criticized and unappreciated for his amazing accomplishments in his NBA career. If you have been a fan of Kobe since the beginning, just be thankful that you were able to be apart of this long historic ride. I truly feel bad for basketball fans whose judgment of Kobe’s career has been clouded by misguided hatred.

^^ #6 He snitched on Shaq, a lotta dudes i know still hold onto that and claim to hate him because of it.

^^ #6 He snitched on Shaq, a lotta dudes i know still hold onto that and claim to hate him because of it.

Yep...every Kobe hater I know always bring this up! :smh:

Last edited:
What the hell!?!?
Time Warner channel exclusive to the lakers!?!?

For now it is. Expect to miss the pre season but eventually a deal will be made for their competitors to carry it.Sometime in late October before the regular season is about to start.

TWC and the other TV providers (Directv, Dish, AT&T U-Verse, Verizon Fios, Cox, Charter, etc) are playing hardball over the negotiations over carriage fees for the new channels.

So even if you have nba league pass you won't get leaker(I can't believe my iPad auto corrected laker) games? How is that possible?

Now I see this mess... http://www.nba.com/lakers/twc_iwantmylakers

All I know is this is a shame...they should have had this taken care of a LONG time ago. LOCAL fans are going to feel this more then anybody else and local fans MADE the Lakers as big as they are. :smh:

Last edited:
so I'm trying to understand, if the season started today, who exactly can watch the laker games? like which package must you have? or must you have time warner cable? i have directv. every channel though. damn i dont want to miss preseason. Probs have to stream them, i want to see nash n kobe. hopefully, and more than likely theyll hold off until the actual season starts.

so I'm trying to understand, if the season started today, who exactly can watch the laker games? like which package must you have? or must you have time warner cable? i have directv. every channel though. damn i dont want to miss preseason. Probs have to stream them, i want to see nash n kobe. hopefully, and more than likely theyll hold off until the actual season starts.

If the season started today, you wouldn't be able to watch the game, unless they're playing on national TV.

Hell, every sports bar in my area has directv, imagine the backlash from that. There will be rage, and disgust from the city of LA if we can't have access to the Lakers.

damn, so I can't even watch laker games with league pass? :stoneface:

After some research it goes like this:

If you are in SoCal and have time waner you are fine.

If you are in SoCal or the local coverage area (which covers Hawaii, SD, and some parts of AZ) and have anybody other then time waner you will NOT be able to watch lakers games even with league pass.

If you are outside of SoCal and the local coverage area but have nba league pass you will be just fine.

Garbage....:smh:

damn, so I can't even watch laker games with league pass?
indifferent.gif

If you are in SoCal or the local coverage area (which covers Hawaii, SD, and some parts of AZ) and have anybody other then time waner you will NOT be able to watch lakers games even with league pass.

If you are outside of SoCal and the local coverage area but have nba league pass you will be just fine.

Garbage....
mean.gif

sick.gif

mean.gif

Garbage....:smh:

I'm sorry but :rofl: That's just silly. Luckily I'm outside of the coverage area. Thanx for the info

Back
Top Bottom