New Season Thread Made, Move on Over :)

I don't no about all this Drew not working hard stuff.

Its been well accounted from Kobe, teammates, coaches, that Drew actually works very hard on his game.
Its just his ego that prob made things go sour with Cap. He over values himself waaaaay too much. Its an ego thing.
But from what I have heard he works very hard on his game every summer.

There's absolutely no way that they'll hold out laker games from Directv users... They would lose too many viewers.

Last edited:
I don't no about all this Drew not working hard stuff.
Its been well accounted from Kobe, teammates, coaches, that Drew actually works very hard on his game.
Its just his ego that prob made things go sour with Cap. He over values himself waaaaay too much. Its an ego thing.
But from what I have heard he works very hard on his game every summer.

Over values? The man dominated the sport for over 25 years from high school to the pro level til he was almost 40 years old. MVP's, titles, and the all time scoring champ, while also rebounding and blocking/affecting shots at a high level all that time. Call me crazy, I think the 20-21-22 year old kid with bad knees shoulda been callin him every single morning and beggin for more info.

Over values. :lol:

Kareem may be a weird dude, Bynum certainly is a weird dude, but don't mistake that for not needing to improve things. Drew worked on his footwork, his offensive abilities, but I'm fairly sure that Drew wasn't as consistent a basketball player as Kareem was. And that's what he should have been striving for. And I hope that Dwight understands that as well. Don't be good. Don't be very good. Don't be great.

Be legendary. :pimp:

Last edited:
Over values? The man dominated the sport for over 25 years from high school to the pro level til he was almost 40 years old. MVP's, titles, and the all time scoring champ, while also rebounding and blocking/affecting shots at a high level all that time. Call me crazy, I think the 20-21-22 year old kid with bad knees shoulda been callin him every single morning and beggin for more info.
Kareem may be a weird dude, Bynum certainly is a weird dude, but don't mistake that for not needing to improve things. Drew worked on his footwork, his offensive abilities, but I'm fairly sure that Drew wasn't as consistent a basketball player as Kareem was. And that's what he should have been striving for. And I hope that Dwight understands that as well. Don't be good. Don't be very good. Don't be great.

I think he was talking about drew over valuing himself :lol:

I think he was talking about drew over valuing himself :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Oh, well then ignore all that **** I said then. :lol: :lol:

I'm surprised no one has been talking about this
I'm very concerned about this. I posted about it a couple days ago. What are the chances that this gets resolved by Oct. 31st? I have Fios and it still has not even picked up the Pac-12 Network.

I live in Chicago and the only way i get to watch Laker games is by NBA league pass.
Will this affect my league pass?

I doubt it. The NBA will get a deal done to carry the network on its League Pass. Everyone around the country should be happy if they are willing to spend on LP.

It's the actual LA/OC residents that have to be worried.

So far Time Warner Cable is the only one confirmed to be carrying it (since it's their own channel). The other providers are trying to work out deals. And if they don't, League Pass isn't even an option. Even if you don't get the station, it's still a local network and it will be blacked out. :smh:

I would be a major travesty though, not just for normal customers but bars and such. Some areas don't even offer Time Warner. i.e. my area is a Cox monopoly. So I can't switch even if I wanted.

I was watching vids from '08 and '09 and that team used to put up 110, 125 points on the regular.

The focus here should be defense, sure - but with a team like the current Lakers, putting up a ton of points might be hard not to do. Strong D doesn't necessarily mean slow O

I'm not really worried about the new Laker TV deal.

I have Directv and I'm confident a deal will get done before the start of the regular season.Sure it's going to suck not having it when the channel launches on 10/1/12 and I'm going to miss the pre season games :rolleyes :smh:

The problem is Time Warner are doing a monopoly type tactics in the distribution fees for other TV providers.The rumor is that they are asking to charge $4 a month per subscriber for companies like Directv, AT&T U-Verse, Verizon Fios, Dish, Cox, and Charter.

Either way both Time Warner and it's competitors know they need each other and to make a deal happen eventually.Time Warner is on the hook and will owe the Lakers $200 million a year on this new 20 or 25 year TV deal with the Lakers.

Also the Lakers TV coverage is HUGE and goes beyond LA & OC.People who live as far down south San Diego, Tijuana, some parts of Arizona, up north as far as Fresno, Santa Barbra, Oxnard, Ventura, Las Vegas, Clarke County Nevada, and Hawaii and fall into the Lakers local TV coverage.

Last edited:
That's how time Warner will make their money, by charging the competitors to carry it. It makes too much sense.

I’m not hearing any recent talk about trading (Steve) Blake, and the fact that Nash will need to play fewer minutes to be effective spells more time for Blake. If they do elect to trade him, there will be takers, especially as injuries occur over the course of the season, but right now I don’t believe they are actively shopping him. HoopsWorld

Back
Top Bottom