Mitchell Report Press conference at 2; Clemens to be named

I'm usually the last one to cry racism...but if Roger gets a pass on this...that's pretty lame. Bonds is slightly worse because of the perjury...butClemens def needs to catch some heat for this.

Originally Posted by KGdakid21

Clemens better get ran out worse than Bonds...and I was watching this morning how Gammons and Olney think this Mitchell Report reports "false information" and lacks "credibility" yet both said they believed Game of Shadows...boy if people don't realize racism is still a problem in America today
WORD. Peter Gammons needs to sit his old%@!$ down. I just heard him downplay the whole Mitchell Report, yet dude doesn't say the same !#$@regarding Barry. Funny how that works, eh?

I dont care about race I have no respect for ANY guy named that includes the Rocket,McGuire any of them and the whole Babe Ruth thing come on guys...yes hedidnt face black or latino players which I agree is an advantage but Yakee Statidum was like 500 ft in center field back in the day...he hit out of huge parksnot these hitter friendly parks today......the Babe argument is ******ed

Can you imagine how many home runs Barry Bonds would have hit if he played in the white leagues???? Oh wait hes black.

Originally Posted by brunotattaglia

Can you imagine how many home runs Barry Bonds would have hit if he played in the white leagues???? Oh wait hes black.
laugh.gif

Clemens will face his share of scrutiny, but the difference in the treatment he receives and that received by Bonds goes far beyond race. So many more factorsthan race are involved. Bonds holds the most sacred records in all of American sports. Clemens, while perhaps having had a more spectacular career, does notthreaten to tarnish such sacred records as the single season and career home run marks (by the way, rightfully held by a black man). Also playing a huge partin the equation is character and demeanor. Bonds, simply put, is an arrogant ***. He is a horrible teammate who routinely alienated himself from his teammates,managers, and club personnel. He blatantly lied, despite an abundance of evidence. Basically, he thinks you (and I) are stupid enough to buy his flax seed oilexcuse. He deserves all the condemnation he receives, regardless of race. I could go on and on concerning this topic, but you get the general idea.

Unless Clemens stands up and accepts full responsibility for his wrongdoings, he deserves every bit the condemnation that Bonds has received. Time will tellhow Clemens handles his mistake. Nevertheless, to attribute the difference in attitudes towards the two players simply to racism is very shortsighted andbordering on ignorant.

As many of you were waiting for, courtesy of Yahoo Sports... Also to clarify, these are just names listed. If you want info on the players, I suggest readingthe document.

NEW NAMES

Chad Allen
Mike Bell
Gary Bennett
Larry Bigbie
Kevin Brown
Alex Cabrera
Mark Carreon
Jason Christiansen
Howie Clark
Roger Clemens
Jack Cust
Brendan Donnelly
Chris Donnels
Matt Franco
Eric Gagne
Matt Herges
Phil Hiatt
Glenallen Hill
Todd Hundley
Mike Judd
David Justice
Chuck Knoblauch
Tim Laker
Mike Lansing
Paul Lo Duca
Nook Logan
Josias Manzanillo
Cody McKay
Kent Mercker
Bart Miadich
Hal Morris
Daniel Naulty
Denny Neagle
Jim Parque
Andy Pettitte
Adam Piatt
Todd Pratt
Stephen Randolph
Adam Riggs
Armando Rios
Brian Roberts
F.P. Santangelo
Mike Stanton
Ricky Stone
Miguel Tejada
Ismael Valdez
Mo Vaughn
Ron Villone
Fernando Vina
Rondell White
Jeff Williams
Todd Williams
Steve Woodard
Kevin Young
Gregg Zaun

PREVIOUSLY LINKED

Manny Alexander
Rick Ankiel
David Bell
Marvin Benard
Barry Bonds
Ricky Bones
Paul Byrd
Jose Canseco
Paxton Crawford
Lenny Dykstra
Bobby Estalella
Ryan Franklin
Jason Giambi
Jeremy Giambi
Jay Gibbons
Troy Glaus
Juan Gonzalez
Jason Grimsley
Jose Guillen
Jerry Hairston Jr.
Darren Holmes
Ryan Jorgensen
Gary Matthews Jr.
Rafael Palmeiro
John Rocker
Benito Santiago
Scott Schoeneweis
David Segui
Gary Sheffield
Randy Velarde
Matt Williams

Originally Posted by superblyTRIFE

Originally Posted by KGdakid21

Clemens better get ran out worse than Bonds...and I was watching this morning how Gammons and Olney think this Mitchell Report reports "false information" and lacks "credibility" yet both said they believed Game of Shadows...boy if people don't realize racism is still a problem in America today
WORD. Peter Gammons needs to sit his old%@!$ down. I just heard him downplay the whole Mitchell Report, yet dude doesn't say the same !#$@ regarding Barry. Funny how that works, eh?

Or ya know the government has failed drug tests and people testified in front of a grand jury saying he was roiding. While Clemens was thrown under the busby a drug dealing personal trainer who was trying to avoid jail time

smh.gif
ESPN is making me sick, Gammons and everyone else just dismiss this #+%* as heresay, probably because their hero Roger Clemens has been exposed, but yettake a book, Game of Shadows as if it's the Bible.

Originally Posted by bobby24K

smh.gif
ESPN is making me sick, Gammons and everyone else just dismiss this #+%* as heresay, probably because their hero Roger Clemens has been exposed, but yet take a book, Game of Shadows as if it's the Bible.

Gammons and Olney do have a point though, how can you take something serious like Brian Roberts being involved in this report just because he was aroundBigbie. That's like saying if your friends were drinking that you have to be drinking too, because you're around them and associate yourself with them.I know that's a poor example, but I hope you get the point. They didn't downplay it all, but some parts of the report seem very vague.

Originally Posted by bobby24K

smh.gif
ESPN is making me sick, Gammons and everyone else just dismiss this #+%* as heresay, probably because their hero Roger Clemens has been exposed, but yet take a book, Game of Shadows as if it's the Bible.

I'm surprised Gammons isn't happier with the report. Conveniently, it doesn't really name any of his beloved Red Sox. I wonder why...

Originally Posted by YardFather

Obviously steroids don't have that big of an effect on how good of player you are, look at that damn list, how many of those players would ever even be considered anything near hall of fame worthy.

Steroids could've kept them out of the minor leagues, and kept them from earning less money.

Obviously steroids don't have that big of an effect on how good of player you are, look at that damn list, how many of those players would ever even beconsidered anything near hall of fame worthy.

Originally Posted by Deuce King

boy if people don't realize racism is still a problem in America today
Now we're getting somewhere champ.

You know what's sad? I predicted that ESPN was going to do that if their "boy" Roger was on that list.
:smh:at the people that agree with ESPN.

Back
Top Bottom