Mitchell Report Press conference at 2; Clemens to be named

"Later that summer, Clemens asked McNamee to inject him with Winstrol, which

Clemens supplied. McNamee knew the substance was Winstrol because the vials Clemens gave

him were so labeled. McNamee injected Clemens approximately four times in the buttocksover

a several-week period with needles that Clemens provided. Each incident took place in

Clemens's apartment at the SkyDome. McNamee never asked Clemens where he obtained the

steroids."

indifferent.gif
Whoa!!!

lol they shoulda made the conference more exciting, like have the guy that does the moto-cross and monster truck rallys announce the names

Originally Posted by TheRealROC

"Later that summer, Clemens asked McNamee to inject him with Winstrol, which

Clemens supplied. McNamee knew the substance was Winstrol because the vials Clemens gave

him were so labeled. McNamee injected Clemens approximately four times in the buttocks over

a several-week period with needles that Clemens provided. Each incident took place in

Clemens's apartment at the SkyDome. McNamee never asked Clemens where he obtained the

steroids."

indifferent.gif
Whoa!!!

He hired some dude to inject him in the butt 4 times in a few weeks??? I bet somehow in some language McNamee translates to R. Jefferson. Only dude I canthink of wanting that job.

Originally Posted by hugebird

Bas, I totally understand that side of things, but my point is really, why even go public with some names when it's obviously such a small scale. I don't get why you are even subjecting these players to the media's scrutiny when, admittedly, there are so many more offenders. I feel like if they wanted this as leverage against the MLBPA to bring about more stringent testing policies, then they could have kept it for when the Union met and presented the information then, without necessarily leaking names to the media. To me it's a lot of posturing, and putting these names out is pretty worthless.

Ah man I was gonna type same thing.
This is a sideshow by the owners for the benfit of their audience (Congreess), This was simply a , "hey, we did our part, we investigated" This sameinformation was available without this "sham" investigation and name dropping.

and seriously, what is the benefit of naming old retired players?
they gonna withhold pensions?

ohwell.gif

I aint buyin what Selig's selling.

so no asterisk for babe ruth, ty cobb, cy young.....these cats never faced a black guy or latino in their career...... how many home runs would griffey have ifhe didnt have to face latinos or blacks??

We already knew Clemens and Pettittes names were out there. I'm not gonna front like it hurts but all I can do is hope it was minimal.

Btw, Mitchell has a red sox bias.

Originally Posted by RitchDad

so no asterisk for babe ruth, ty cobb, cy young.....these cats never faced a black guy or latino in their career...... how many home runs would griffey have if he didnt have to face latinos or blacks??

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

so no asterisk for babe ruth, ty cobb, cy young.....these cats never faced a black guy or latino in their career...... how many home runs would griffey have if he didnt have to face latinos or blacks??

So are you saying that "white" pitchers are bums? Or are you saying "latino or black" pitchers are bums? I don't quite get yourpoint. You have to take in account the ballpark dimensions, equipment, and amount of games played too. Two different forms of the same game. IMO you cannotcompare them. But with statistics, you have to. And records are built on statistics.

Originally Posted by GORDON GARTRELLE

This report holds no weight with me. I want hard proof.
And you are? Oh right, nobody.

Am I the one that said that? I said that before the report came out. I was figuring he was just writing a report based on hearsay with no physical proof.

I think we have a winner for "Dumbest Reply" in the history of NT's Sports and Training Forum...congrats. Ska, show him what he'swon....

Originally Posted by NobleKane

pimp.gif

you give barry an asteriks, i wanna see baseball get an asteriks cuz NOBODY is clean. all you guys heroes have taken steroids at some point and time in their career...

^^^

I agree and can't wait to see if everyone is as hard on them as they were on Bonds.

laugh.gif

This is a joke...right?

roll.gif

[Lloyd Christmas]OK KILL HIM[/Lloyd Christmas] lmao ... wtf are you talkin about son ... makes me think of that bud light commercial like"Dude"

Clemens better get ran out worse than Bonds...and I was watching this morning how Gammons and Olney think this Mitchell Report reports "falseinformation" and lacks "credibility" yet both said they believed Game of Shadows...boy if people don't realize racism is still a problem inAmerica today

Let me guess ESPN will downplay the issue of steroids with their poster boy Roger Clemens. Im sick of that fool.

smh.gif
@ the lames saying the report is bogus if the players they hate aren't on the list. Get the hell outta here
roll.gif

This is sad. I swear...no point in even watching baseball anymore. They could make an All-Star team of filth..."HOFers" included.
eyes.gif

I'm a Yankees fan. Have been always, but I'm not surprised by any of those names being mentioned. I'm not even talking about Clemens because justone look at that bloated piece of crap would confirm it for even a blind man. I hope he's denied ANY mention at all at Cooperstown.

Back
Top Bottom