|| LocK Dis Up ||

How Many Games Do You Project The Lakers Will Win This Season?

• 15-20

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 21-25

• 26-30

• 31-35

• 36-40

• 41-45

• 46-50

• 51-55

• 56-73

• They Will Break the NBA Record with 74+ Wins

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've thought about them, but Blake coming across the hall? The Kings trading us Boogie? Think of the odds on those things. :lol:

The fanbase just has to start being smarter and stop thinking it's 1996 again where you can just throw money on problem and buy whoever you want. Those days are done. We can't just go offer Anthony Davis more money than the Pelicans, it don't work like that anymore.

Build the core young, talented, and CHEAP. Then you can use cap space to add 2-3 solid parts, and let them grow over time, at that point you should have a solid roster, then look for a deal that comes along, or let them keep growing.

Cool. Clarkson stops being cheap this summer, Randle is up for RFA next summer and will likely command a max deal as well. They won't be cheap for much longer.

That's all great îf you can add solid pieces around them, but two problems, they have not shown the ability to add pieces with the cap space so far, and they have a self imposed deadline of next summer. Just connecting the dots here.

You say Randle sucks every day, now he commands a max? :lol:

The deadline is nothing to me, everyone should be smart enough if they have all these blue chippers and get a couple FA's that we're in good shape and should be allowed to keep building and finish the plan they have laid out.

Jeanie is a complete mess if she fires them just as all the kids start developing into actual useful pieces. :lol:

This is what it comes down to. We saw that they weren't willing to sell the farm for boogie and that was before we really saw them in action. We'll almost be forced to let the young guys grow. I think this deadline is more likely to lead to maxing out whoever we can get in free agency rather than a trade.

Of course they're not trading Boogie now with 2 years left on his deal at a great number, but if the Kings continue to be the clown show they are, you really think they want to let him walk for nothing? It's happened before with Dwight and CP3. Not saying you put all the eggs in one basket but it's going to be an option, that's also one of the main reasons to have as many assets as possible to take advantage of those disgruntled start type situations should they arise.

The deadline is nothing to me, everyone should be smart enough if they have all these blue chippers and get a couple FA's that we're in good shape and should be allowed to keep building and finish the plan they have laid out.

Jeanie is a complete mess if she fires them just as all the kids start developing into actual useful pieces. :lol:

You have me confused with somebody else on the Julius tip. I'm the D'Lo basher. The deadline is what it is man. I'm not making it up.

This is what it comes down to. We saw that they weren't willing to sell the farm for boogie and that was before we really saw them in action. We'll almost be forced to let the young guys grow. I think this deadline is more likely to lead to maxing out whoever we can get in free agency rather than a trade.

Of course they're not trading Boogie now with 2 years left on his deal at a great number, but if the Kings continue to be the clown show they are, you really think they want to let him walk for nothing? It's happened before with Dwight and CP3. Not saying you put all the eggs in one basket but it's going to be an option, that's also one of the main reasons to have as many assets as possible to take advantage of those disgruntled start type situations should they arise.

Agreed. This part of your logic is sound. Today, no Boogie deal, but 2 years from now, it is possible, I just don't see the Kings biting.

But the logic is correct.

Would need to be a sign & trade deal...

Not taking anymore expiring guys if it costs you a bunch...

Too much unknown and risk.

If we want him, it would have to be in a S&T with the Kings in the offseason that he is a Free Agent, if they haven't already dealt him

I'm saying, it was the lakers that didn't pull the trigger on the rumored trade because they didn't want to give up so much. Also if you're talking about the kings, you're saying they'd be willing to move him this summer? If they make the playoffs I think they stand pat. Any deal on the lakers side would have to be done going into the season since the goal is to make the 2nd round. What I'm saying is I doubt there will be one available.

Last edited:

You have me confused with somebody else on the Julius tip. I'm the D'Lo basher. The deadline is what it is man. I'm not making it up.

It can't be a hard deadline tho. Least, it shouldn't be.

I'd rather try to piece together a Clarkson + Lou Will + Nance + 2nd Round Picks than having to deal 2 of the lottery picks.

Clarkson, Lou Will & Nance is behind what Clippers gave up for CP3, but it isn't by much.

Last edited:
Who is on the list of potential trade targets and what is the likelihood of acquiring them this summer? Talking about a guy that can make this team a threat for the second round. I think that's the million dollar question.

Last edited:
I'm saying, it was the lakers that didn't pull the trigger on the rumored trade because they didn't want to give up so much. Also if you're talking about the kings, you're saying they'd be willing to move him this summer? If they make the playoffs i think they stand pat. Any deal on the lakers side would have to be done going into the season since the goal is to make the 2nd round

Follow me:

Clarkson gets his extension this summer making aprox. 13 mil/year. Has a great year next year.

Randle has a great sophmore campaign as well, next summer he's still only making 3.3 mil. RFA to come in the summer of 2018 so he's going to have to be paid.

Boogie at the same time after another disappointing year team wise in Sacramento, no playoffs is fed up with management and Karl should be still be there. Makes it known he wants out. His deal for the 2017/2018 season is at 16.8 mil. Who fits perfectly into a salary swap since he's made it clear he wants out? Then you still have him for the entire 2017/2018 campaign and hopefully are able to compete better than the Kings. His number going forward will likely be around the same as keeping Randle after his new deal and Clarkson anyway.

Same thing could be applied to Blake for next summer or the trade deadline of the Clippers decide to blow it up.

Last edited:
Who is on the list of potential trade targets and what is the likelihood of acquiring them this summer? Talking about a guy that can make this team a threat for the second round. I think that's the million dollar question.

If KD leaves the Thunder?

Russell Westbrook...

But why would you trade for Randle, when you have Serge.. Yeah Serge is a FA with Russ, but you gotta assume they outbid everyone to keep him

I'd rather try to piece together a Clarkson + Lou Will + Nance + 2nd Round Picks than having to deal 2 of the lottery picks.

Clarkson, Lou Will & Nance is behind what Clippers gave up for CP3, but it isn't by much.

It is when you consider they also got Minny's unprotected 1st rd pick which turned out to be top 10.

I like the idea of trading for role players with the cap space leftover from free agency.

It is when you consider they also got Minny's unprotected 1st rd pick which turned out to be top 10.

Draft pick was irrelevant at the time.. Minnesota was believed to finally turn the corner and make the playoffs in 2011-12. It became sweeter when Rubio was injured again.. But still only amounted to Austin Rivers

Just think it's a stupid idea to trade a bunch of young guys for a star. Especially if the star is expiring... We already know how that goes. And that guy will never sign an extension.

Clippers are not going to trade Blake.. I won't believe it until I see it.. I also don't see him going to many places. He's a guy that absolutely cares more about the market he's playing in.

Boogie is a great player, but the unknowns about him is worrisome if you trade without commitment from him long term.

ALSO, Randle is a RFA in 2018, so his contract doesn't matter to us this summer, next or the year after. It only matters the second he signs a RFA offer sheet.

It'll be much harder to build a title team without any one of Russell, Randle or Simmons because by the time they get paid... It should be irrelevant.

If we're still worried about star coming in 2018, it's pretty much means we're screwed

It's why you can trade Clarkson, and be doing beautiful, while on the other hand trading Russell or Randle and be screwed.

Because Russell & Randle are making nothing, you can build the team with stars, and still have them before they need to get paid too. Whereas Clarkson's pay can hurt what you're doing

Last edited:
Mamba you're losing me on the timeline. Maybe I'm not getting what Jeanie said. The deadline is supposed to be 2016/17 playoffs second round, right? If we go into next season with the same core + top 3 and whatever free agent, we likely don't go to the 2nd round (unless you really murk free agency, kd etc).

I'm saying it would have to be a deal this summer. We should at least show some promise as a team after next season. If the kids are obviously growing, why trade them for a boogie who still hasn't made the playoffs and will have the same price tag as our core guys like you said? Jeanie will still not be in charge of basketball decisions, she's just threatening to get rid of the guys who are. Just speculating but I think she's bluffing. If the team makes strides but not quite second round it would be dumb to get rid of the guys who built it and replace them with someone who will probably stay the course if it all goes down like that.

Last edited:
You're of the belief that Clarkson + trash is going to net you something of significance, I'm not.

You're of the belief that Clarkson + trash is going to net you something of significance, I'm not.

Then we shouldn't have this convo at all.. Because Clarkson + Randle is worth far more than whatever significant player any of us think will be available

I don't think Clarkson + Lou Will + Nance gets us a star...

But I also don't think Clarkson + Randle gets us the stars we're talking about.. Think it more likely gets us a Brook Lopez type

Last edited:
Mamba you're losing me on the timeline. Maybe I'm not getting what Jeanie said. The deadline is supposed to be 2016/17 playoffs second round, right? If we go into next season with the same core + top 3 and whatever free agent, we likely don't go to the 2nd round (unless you really murk free agency, kd etc).

I'm saying it would have to be a deal this summer. We should at least show some promise as a team after next season. If the kids are obviously growing, why trade them for a boogie who still hasn't made the playoffs and will have the same price tag as our core guys like you said? Jeanie will still not be in charge of basketball decisions, she's just threatening to get rid of the guys who are. Just speculating but I think she's bluffing. If the team makes strides but not quite second round it would be dumb to get rid of the guys who built it and replace them with someone who will probably stay the course if it all goes down like that.

You missed the part where I said I'm assuming we wiff pretty bad in FA this year, thereby being a horrible team again next year. I'll have to actually see them be able to pull somebody before I believe it. Hasn't happened since old Payton and Malone.

And a team had missed the playoffs for 7 straight seasons wasn't a significant piece to the CP3 trade. essential1 essential1 ? It was all but guaranteed to be a lottery pick.

I'm just saying Clarkson + Randle would net you more of a return that's all.

Last edited:
The new ESPN box score angers me.. It was so nice and neat, and they had to change it up and ruin it.

Great half by Clarkson & Russell from 3. 6-7 from 3

Last edited:
Meh, that's better than anything anyone got for Cp3, Dwight, or Harden if they continue to play well next season. Usually you get lowballed when it's made public said star wants out.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom