|| LocK Dis Up ||

How Many Games Do You Project The Lakers Will Win This Season?

• 15-20

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 21-25

• 26-30

• 31-35

• 36-40

• 41-45

• 46-50

• 51-55

• 56-73

• They Will Break the NBA Record with 74+ Wins

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I rather Mitch be the face and voice of the front office/ownership than anyone else, so I don't have a problem with Jim lurking in the shadows.

Jim's defense the few times he's done interviews is "Hey look guys I know what I'm doing because I was mentored by Jerry West and followed him around for 20 years while he was the Lakers GM"

Last edited:
And it helped net a few championships.

Edit:

@BaxterHolmes Byron Scott on why he kept D’Angelo Russell and Julius Randle as reserves after they opened the season as starters: “Humility."
:rolleyes

Last edited:

And I hate to harp on it, but the failed cp3 trade got us the best player, sold Pau and Lamar high, and didn't trade picks.

It failed and they panicked for one last hooray for Kobes last years.

They definitely fell *** backwards into tanking, but the biggest fail of there's has been coaching and not fully accepting being bad and trying to sell the fans into a ***** team making a playoff push

And I hate to harp on it, but the failed cp3 trade got us the best player, sold Pau and Lamar high, and didn't trade picks.

It failed and they panicked for one last hooray for Kobes last years.

They definitely fell *** backwards into tanking, but the biggest fail of there's has been coaching and not fully accepting being bad and trying to sell the fans into a ***** team making a playoff push

And to continue, Jeanie continue to go into the limelight and give interviews about the timeline and how she's holding Mitch and Jim to it makes us look like a clown show.

If these morons try to shortcut the rebuild to make the second round :smh: :smh:

Trust the goddamn process and we'll be cooking for years. Shortcut it and you're the goddamn clippers.

Last edited:
And to continue, Jeanie continue to go into the limelight and give interviews about the timeline and how she's holding Mitch and Jim to it makes us look like a clown show.

If these morons try to shortcut the rebuild to make the second round :smh: :smh:

Trust the goddamn process and we'll be cooking for years. Shortcut it and you're the goddamn clippers.

We're the Clippers now though.

We're the Clippers now though.

Not really..
We're a young team with assets with a **** coach and even ****** owner.

Get one more asset,(top 3 pick), fire the coach, hire the right guy. And you're 2 years away from the second round and guys just getting to there prime.

You don't and start selling Dlo Randle and clarkson for 50 cents on the dollar, you turn into the clippers. A fringe 2nd round team with no hope of going anywhere but down.

What were the Clippers before CP3 though? Blake, DJ, EG as prospects, **** coach and owner. Same thing.

Y'all in for a ride awakening if you think all these guys are staying together. If we keep this pick at least 2 will be gone before the start of the 2017 season.

Last edited:
There's no reason to flip any of the young guys... MAYBE Clarkson... MAYBE.. And that would be because he's suddenly going from $845K to $12mil. And because you're trying to clear a bit of room.. But in that scenario, it would have to be Clarkson for young player + picks.

But when Mitch or Jim end up trading one of the young guys because of this damn deadline...Some of you don't get to say anything.... If you were the Jeanie needs to take over, you gotta be quiet on whatever trade it was.

Last edited:
If we get Simmons, Randle is for sure gone I think they'll probably wait until the following summer though to try and package him with Clarkson cause he should be making more money. Not saying it's the smartest course of action, but I don't think Mitch nor Jim want to get fired.

Just so happens Boogie will be in the last year of his deal and maybe wants out of Sacramento at that time for example. They'll try and do what the Clippers did in acquiring CP3, keep the two prospects with the highest upside (D'Lo and Simmons vs Blake and DJ) and try and package the others for a star vet.

Just telling you now so can brace for it.

Last edited:
If we get Simmons, Randle is for sure gone I think they'll probably wait until the following summer though to try and package him with Clarkson cause he should be making more money. Not saying it's the smartest course of action, but I don't think Mitch nor Jim want to get fired.

Simmons should not mean Randle is gone by any means...

Should mean Nance is gone.

If it caps the minutes for Simmons & Randle? Then that's something you live with.

But I'd give it a few years before to try to gel before I trade Randle, or Simmons.

If it means Simmons gets caped at 30mpg, and Randle gets caped at 28mpg, and has to play 10 minutes at the 5.. Then that's what you have to do, and give it time to sort itself.

Because when you trade Randle & Clarkson for a Brook Lopez type player, everything should be burned down.. Because unless you got a guy who is definitely leaving, nobody is trading their star player. They are not easy to find

Last edited:
It technically would be possible to get them both, wasn't Shaq asking for 20 to 25 mil a year?

The cap was only 44 mil in 2004-2005. It went up to 49.5 mil in 2006. Nash made 8.75 his first year in PHX, 9.7 in year 2 and Ray 13.2 in Seattle in 06.

Doesn't leave much to fill out the remainder of the roster but, Nash and Ray could have extended the window maybe a year or so.

Kobe made 14 million in 04-05.
Shaq made 27.5 million. :rofl: :rofl:

Ray Allen signed his extension at 5 years, 85 million, and he was age 30 in 2005. Shaq was 33. Nash was 31

Shaq was at 20 mil in 05
Nash 9.6
Allen 13.2

That's 43-44 million give or take.

Kobe made 16 mil that year, and was only 27 and put up one of the most ridiculous NBA seasons we've ever seen.

Nance will have little to no value. Clarkson probably has the most right now but will have to wait until his salary increases, Randle even with his limitations is already a dbl-dbl machine so with increased opportunity his value will continue to climb. Those two are what will be packaged if they decide to make that move.

Nance will have little to no value. Clarkson probably has the most right now but will have to wait until his salary increases, Randle even with his limitations is already a dbl-dbl machine so with increased opportunity his value will continue to climb. Those two are what will be packaged if they decide to make that move.

No I was saying Nance alone... If it's just for another 1st Round Pick... Then fine.

And I agree... Russell being completely off the table... Clarkson + Randle is the best value package they have..

I'm just convinced that when you try to make that deal, you get a good player... But you won't be getting a franchise player for them..

I know ideally we want to keep every young guy possible but that's just not realistic given the state of the franchise, fanbase, and timetable to get us back competitive. I think D'Lo and hopefully this pick will be the safe guys they build around.

Just so happens Boogie will be in the last year of his deal and maybe wants out of Sacramento at that time for example. They'll try and do what the Clippers did in acquiring CP3, keep the two prospects with the highest upside (D'Lo and Simmons vs Blake and DJ) and try and package the others for a star vet.

Just telling you now so can brace for it.

Certainly possible.

But a lot of that will depend on who joins us in FA the next year or two with the ton of cap space we have to buy up more pieces.

This isn't about having a big 3, or a big 1 + 2-3 decent guys. This could be a core of 7-8 really good basketball players, and half of them happen to be young and cheap. That should be the end goal. Not putting all stock in just the one guy, ala Durant or Boogie.

You need stars, no question, but you don't have to have just one star, when you can have multiple multiple pieces. Kobe, Pau, LO, Bynum, then Artest, that's a damn group, not just Kobe. We saw what went down when it was just Kobe.

LAC has been solid for years, but notice they can't get passed the second round? Have 6-7-8 good players, rather than 3 and you got a better shot at what we tryna do.

Stranger things have happened, Blake and Boogie could both be available around that time, plus you have Julius's impending RFA in 2018 looming as well.

If this wasn't a back to back... I would expect this to be an easy win... But since it is.. Should be a loss

Stranger things have happened, Blake and Boogie could both be available around that time, plus you have Julius's impending RFA in 2018 looming as well.

I've thought about them, but Blake coming across the hall? The Kings trading us Boogie? Think of the odds on those things. :lol:

The fanbase just has to start being smarter and stop thinking it's 1996 again where you can just throw money on problem and buy whoever you want. Those days are done. We can't just go offer Anthony Davis more money than the Pelicans, it don't work like that anymore.

Build the core young, talented, and CHEAP. Then you can use cap space to add 2-3 solid parts, and let them grow over time, at that point you should have a solid roster, then look for a deal that comes along, or let them keep growing.

Certainly possible.

But a lot of that will depend on who joins us in FA the next year or two with the ton of cap space we have to buy up more pieces.

This isn't about having a big 3, or a big 1 + 2-3 decent guys. This could be a core of 7-8 really good basketball players, and half of them happen to be young and cheap. That should be the end goal. Not putting all stock in just the one guy, ala Durant or Boogie.

You need stars, no question, but you don't have to have just one star, when you can have multiple multiple pieces. Kobe, Pau, LO, Bynum, then Artest, that's a damn group, not just Kobe. We saw what went down when it was just Kobe.

LAC has been solid for years, but notice they can't get passed the second round? Have 6-7-8 good players, rather than 3 and you got a better shot at what we tryna do.

I agree I'm going under the assumption that nobody is coming in FA until proven otherwise. Still would have Nance, Brown, Lou for another year in addition to said D'Lo-Simmons/Ingram, star vet core. And then build around that, that's why I think they'll try and split the difference. Because theoretically this summer is the only one where our cap space is really advantageous compared to the rest of the league, the following summer everyone has it.

Because unless you got a guy who is definitely leaving, nobody is trading their star player. They are not easy to find

This is what it comes down to. We saw that they weren't willing to sell the farm for boogie and that was before we really saw them in action. We'll almost be forced to let the young guys grow. I think this deadline is more likely to lead to maxing out whoever we can get in free agency rather than a trade.

I've thought about them, but Blake coming across the hall? The Kings trading us Boogie? Think of the odds on those things. :lol:

The fanbase just has to start being smarter and stop thinking it's 1996 again where you can just throw money on problem and buy whoever you want. Those days are done. We can't just go offer Anthony Davis more money than the Pelicans, it don't work like that anymore.

Build the core young, talented, and CHEAP. Then you can use cap space to add 2-3 solid parts, and let them grow over time, at that point you should have a solid roster, then look for a deal that comes along, or let them keep growing.

Cool. Clarkson stops being cheap this summer, Randle is up for RFA next summer and will likely command a max deal as well. They won't be cheap for much longer.

That's all great îf you can add solid pieces around them, but two problems, they have not shown the ability to add pieces with the cap space so far, and they have a self imposed deadline of next summer. Just connecting the dots here.

Certainly possible.

I agree I'm going under the assumption that nobody is coming in FA until proven otherwise. Still would have Nance, Brown, Lou for another year in addition to said D'Lo-Simmons/Ingram, star vet core. And then build around that, that's why I think they'll try and split the difference. Because theoretically this summer is the only one where our cap space is really advantageous compared to the rest of the league, the following summer everyone has it.

I'll take pretty much any two.

I don't love Whiteside, but if he's it, so be it. It's another good young(ish) piece.
I don't love DeRozan, but I'd take him. He is young, and an All Star.
I kinda like Batum, and I would gladly take him. He plays D, does a little bit of everything on O, and only 27.
I love Horford, just a lil older. Still take him.
Durant, duh.
Chandler Parsons, I'd be ok with him comin over. Not sexy, but certainly an upgrade, and still fairly young.

Gimme 2 of these.

If Mitch wants to become God and say hey Horford, Batum, and DeRozan, here's 20 mil a year for each of you, please sign, and they all do, while we add Ingram to the mix as well, hey, great. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom