|| LocK Dis Up ||

How Many Games Do You Project The Lakers Will Win This Season?

• 15-20

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 21-25

• 26-30

• 31-35

• 36-40

• 41-45

• 46-50

• 51-55

• 56-73

• They Will Break the NBA Record with 74+ Wins

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Noel is really, really, really, really bad at offense

Stop exaggerating.
He's not a great offensive player but he's not "really really really really" bad. It his weak spot, but He can hoop. just needs development. (Which he would get from a better coaching staff).

Like the guys we have now defense is so bad that it negates their offense or should the goalposts be moved?

If Simmons is the guy I think Randle is the sacrificial lamb.... Maybe even Clarkson the next summer

We would need some big time shooters to put on the floor with him.

I just don't see the reason to trade him yet. He can come off the bench if need be... And if he works on his midrange this summer him and Simmons are so versatile they could possibly play together against the teams that go small.

Our players are just too young and valuable to just give up on. I swear some of y'all think this is 2K.

I just don't see the reason to trade him yet. He can come off the bench if need be... And if he works on his midrange this summer him and Simmons are so versatile they could possibly play together against the teams that go small.

Our players are just too young and valuable to just give up on. I swear some of y'all think this is 2K.

There is a such thing as having too many young guys and/or trying to find minutes for all of them. I think Simmons will be a much more effective player at the pro level than college and a lot of the "fit" talk around him is overblown.

Noel is really, really, really, really bad at offense
He absolutely has no touch or much range on offense, but we need to take into consideration he's playing next to Okafor a lot.

I imagine if he has a spaced floor (which is questionable if he's sharing the floor with Randle), he'll look good rim rolling.

Here's a good article on Okafor and playing with him: http://patternofbasketball.blogspot.com/2016/02/76ers.html

Yall dudes so sensitive man :lol:. All I said is he sucks at offense

Funny how you're so quick to jump at us for being even somewhat critical of Randle, telling us were not being fair to him by judging him so early in his career.

But then the very next day discounting Noel's future and saying he "sucks" when hes essentially just as young and inexperienced as Randle :lol:

Call us sensitive all you want, but that logic you used yesterday was just contradicted by yourself.

His hands aren't too good and he's just an average or below average rebounder. Good blocks and steals guy and still young.

Where did I discount his future. You're jumping to conclusions because you're sensitive and looking for an argument.

Last edited:
Randle's last 14 games since re-entering the starting lineup due to Nance's injury

30.5mpg 13.3/12/1.5 .468/.429/.729 (The 3P% is on 7 attempts)

Again that is with someone who is very raw.... I can't trade that. It's just not a smart move. Regardless of who is drafted. You have to make that work.

Russell 19 games since the Sacramento show out game. (I took out the next game where he couldn't go because of the ankle sprain he had at the end of the Kings game and played only 7 minutes)

27.4mpg 13.8 / 2.7 / 3.4 / 1.1 .459/.382/.755

Uh, ever heard of Ben Wallace? We don't need another scorer. The most important thing is defense, which he's elite at. We have people to score. Nothing to do with sensitivity, you're just wrong

Last edited:
Uh, ever heard of Ben Wallace? We don't need another scorer. The noisy important thing is defense, which he's elite at. We have people to score. Nothing to do with sensitivity, you're just wrong

Well damn

I think Simmons will be a much more effective player at the pro level than college and a lot of the "fit" talk around him is overblown.

That may be true...

But when you don't shoot from outside at all.. Then he doesn't fit with a lot of people... You have to create a really precise roster around him.

Again... You do whatever to make it work.. If that's the guy who you pick... I.e. a Simmons 4 / Randle 5. And trade Nance & 2nd to get a Late Teens Pick Shooter

But there are some fit issues for a guy who is a big 3, doesn't shoot, so he's a 4 who can handle the ball, but doesn't stretch the court

Last edited:
Uh, ever heard of Ben Wallace? We don't need another scorer. The most important thing is defense, which he's elite at. We have people to score. Nothing to do with sensitivity, you're just wrong

Wrong about what? I said he sucks at offense. Yall came with your own interpretations from there.

Last edited:
That may be true...

But when you don't shoot from outside at all.. Then he doesn't fit with a lot of people... You have to create a really precise roster around him.

He doesn't shoot right now...that doesn't mean you don't take him at number 1. Shooting can be developed. There's so much more he brings to the table, plus it's not like he won't be effective driving to the basket he's already a match-up nightmare and has an NBA body.

His hands aren't too good and he's just an average or below average rebounder. Good blocks and steals guy and still young.

Where did I discount his future. You're jumping to conclusions because you're sensitive and looking for an argument.

Nah, just needed to directly call you out on your contradiction, in a peaceful manner.

No argument needed. Not trying to be passive aggressive or sarcastic

Have a good day.

Last edited:
Show me where I said he's not worth the trouble. I said he sucks at offense. That's it. I also have said Clarkson sucks at defense.

You're making assumptions out of yourselves.

That may be true...

He doesn't shoot right now...that doesn't mean you don't take him at number 1. Shooting can be developed. There's so much more he brings to the table, plus it's not like he won't be effective driving to the basket he's already a match-up nightmare and has an NBA body.

Shooting can be developed... It can't just be created from thin air. Unless he has a shot, and just doesn't use it, then okay, but if that was the case, we would have seen it.

Give Simmons 5 feet, force him to take the shot. You limit him driving. We've seen that already on our own team.

If Simmons is the guy, he's the guy... Doesn't bug me.. Because it's 2 guys, and then 58 other people.

But if there's a choice... Simmons or Ingram... I go Ingram.. There's not a huge gap between them. Ingram fits better for the team, is as NBA ready, has a significant amount of potential and upside, plays both sides of the ball.

But again, it's Simmons & Ingram.. Then everybody else.. And if you take Simmons, you figure out how to make it work with Randle & Russell

Last edited:
Not necessarily, see Blake Griffin. He barely shot at OU as well.

If they can't stop you or you are very effective at driving and using your athleticism then why would you just start taking jumpers all willy nilly?

The 37-year-old Bryant, who is retiring this summer after his 20th NBA season, said he "very much" thought he had a chance of joining the Bulls in 2004.

"My wife and I were actually planning travel arrangements to come out to Chicago and look at some homes and schools and things like that," Bryant said before the Lakers' 126-115 loss. "Then once [Shaquille O'Neal] demanded a trade, it was like, 'There's no way they're going to trade me anywhere.' The sign-and-trade option just pretty much went off the table. "

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/1...led-chicago-bulls-cower-michael-jordan-legacy

So I guess Shaq actually saved us.

Last edited:
Shooting can be developed... It can't just be created from thin air. Unless he has a shot, and just doesn't use it, then okay, but if that was the case, we would have seen it.

Give Simmons 5 feet, force him to take the shot. You limit him driving. We've seen that already on our own team.

If Simmons is the guy, he's the guy... Doesn't bug me.. Because it's 2 guys, and then 58 other people.

But if there's a choice... Simmons or Ingram... I go Ingram.. There's not a huge gap between them. Ingram fits better for the team, is as NBA ready, has a significant amount of potential and upside, plays both sides of the ball.

But again, it's Simmons & Ingram.. Then everybody else.. And if you take Simmons, you figure out how to make it work with Randle & Russell

I think Randle can eventually slide over to the 3 if it comes to that. The FO has hinted at it more than once and I think it's partly why they brought Artest in to show him the nuances of that position. It's just a matter of getting that jimmer more consistent. It's been looking a lot better lately and Tracy Murray said they really haven't started working on it, planning to shoot 1,000 a day in the summer. Right now he's at about 100-140 a day.

He gets guarded by 3s a lot and almost always cooks em. Where there are 4s that have a size advantage, most 3s can't do anything with his size, quickness or strength. He already spends a lot of time at the high post and beyond, even running the offense from behind the 3 line at times. Outside of a guy like kd he can keep up with 3s defensively.

Simmons has been flashing the jumper more often recently and throwing it up with confidence. I'm not sure if he can play the 3 but he should be able to at least keep the defense honest with his jumper.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom