|| LocK Dis Up ||

How Many Games Do You Project The Lakers Will Win This Season?

• 15-20

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 21-25

• 26-30

• 31-35

• 36-40

• 41-45

• 46-50

• 51-55

• 56-73

• They Will Break the NBA Record with 74+ Wins

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It would have been sickening to watch it happen, thank gawd for Dr. Buss.

Originally Posted by CP1708

Folks, Kobe was goin to the Clippers.

Ska, remember my boy Prime? He worked for Nike at the time. He called me the day of, they had Clippers gear being sent to Kobe, C/O LA Clippers overnighted the night before. He was devastated, and so was I.
laugh.gif

That day, Kobe changed his mind and signed the extension.
pimp.gif

Had he gone to LAC

Cassell
Kobe
Maggette
Brand
Kaman

Solid squad right there.
What.

A different.

shoeking.

We would know today. 
laugh.gif
 Dude would be ALLL ABOOOUT some Kobe. Amirite?

I'll go ahead and throw this out there FWIW (knowing it won't be worth crap to some of you 
laugh.gif
): all this speculation, but in the end, Kobe did stay, and we went to 3 more Finals and won 2 of them in large part because of that. I can't deny that, and I've never tried. Snaq's teams got 1 more in 1 try, we got 2 more in 3 tries. And for that, I'm thankful. Bet.

[QUOTE name="CP1708"]
Originally Posted by CP1708

Folks, Kobe was goin to the Clippers.

Ska, remember my boy Prime? He worked for Nike at the time. He called me the day of, they had Clippers gear being sent to Kobe, C/O LA Clippers overnighted the night before. He was devastated, and so was I. :lol:

That day, Kobe changed his mind and signed the extension. :pimp:

Had he gone to LAC

Cassell

Kobe

Maggette

Brand

Kaman

Solid squad right there.
What.

A different.

shoeking.

We would know today. :lol:  Dude would be ALLL ABOOOUT some Kobe. Amirite?
[/quote]

100%

A lot of people don't know how close he was.

Prime worked in a specialized warehouse that sent items to players/families.

Ricky Williams needs gloves for the game, my dude shipped them to him.

Jeter needs cleats, Prime on the job.

Wife of Tom Brady wants some gear, shipment goes out today.

He was seein stuff we never even saw hit market. It was insane.

I will never, ever, ever forget that phone call. I thought we were screwed.
Last second, someone changed his mind.

That's why the Bynum 2006-07 outrage. He passed up a Finals Clippers team for Smush, Kwame, Luke, baby Bynum. He felt they lied to him.

I'll go ahead and throw this out there FWIW (knowing it won't be worth crap to some of you :lol: ): all this speculation, but in the end, Kobe did stay, and we went to 3 more Finals and won 2 of them in large part because of that. I can't deny that, and I've never tried. Snaq's teams got 1 more in 1 try, we got 2 more in 3 tries. And for that, I'm thankful. Bet.

Healthy Bynum, healthy Ariza, we woulda had 3 in 3 tries. :frown:

Anyone else thinking Ingram over Simmons I'm straight confused about this...is Ingram Durant or Rudy gay? Is Simmons Lebronish or Anthony Bennet? Idk man

I've been saying that Ingram would be the best for us.

Kid is the goods.... and fits will ALL our pieces. His defensive potential and shooting stroke is what gives him the edge FOR US.

Ben is nice, would not be mad at all if we had him, but I think he will need the ball a lot and that is what I want D'Lo to do. *shrugs*

It's quite simple, we get number 1, we take Simmons. Get number 2 we take Ingram. Get number 3, trade it for Noel. Or if we get number 1 and Philly really wants Simmons, fleece them for #2 and Nerlens.

Last edited:
Jeanie Buss

There is no change to the timeline that Jim first shared in April of 2014, when he indicated that he would resign if the team wasn’t contending for a title by next season. Since then, it has become clear that Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak would likely be part of this equation as well.
• If there are some members of the organization who believe that the Bryant dynamic might change the way they are judged, that’s not the case. Most recently, Kupchak told ESPN in early January that Bryant’s farewell tour has made it challenging to develop the team’s young talent. Lakers coach Byron Scott, who has one more guaranteed season on his current contract, has been heavily criticized all season for his handling of players like D’Angelo Russell, Julius Randle and Jordan Clarkson.

“I don’t buy into that, that Kobe is such a distraction,” Jeanie Buss said. “It’s about managing how things go. I see a player like Kevin Garnett who has done well in Minnesota with the younger players. A guy like Dwyane Wade playing with younger players (in Miami). I think you see it around the league everywhere.

“I don’t understand why that narrative has been created. It shouldn’t be that way – maybe Kobe’s popularity (affects it more)? But I don’t see what that has to do with training and practicing and things like that. Maybe I’m just naïve.”

Yet as was the case in the time that led to the Mike D’Antoni’s resignation as Lakers coach in May 2014, Jeanie revealed that she’s not having any consistent dialogue with the team’s head coach who so many believe could be fired this summer.

“I haven’t had a conversation with Byron Scott (about the challenges of the Bryant dynamic),” Jeanie said. “I think I’ve talked to him maybe three times since he was hired. And I know he must be extremely busy with such a young group of players (but) I don’t really know if that’s how he feels about it. He hasn’t expressed that to me but yet we really haven’t had too many conversations where that would ever come up.

If you think it's bad now... It can get much much worse

It's quite simple, we get number 1, we take Simmons. Get number 2 we take Ingram. Get number 3, trade it for Noel. Or if we get number 1 and Philly really wants Simmons, fleece them for #2 and Nerlens.

I'd love to get Noel man. Would gladly trade the #3 pick for him.

Would be a great athletic defensive anchor for us :pimp:

I still lean Ingram at #1. Simmons requires some planning, but if he's the guy, I'd immediately trade Nance & 2nd to get into the Late 1st Round.

After # 2 is really meh.

Bender & Ellenson.... Bender isn't Porzingis at least hasn't shown that unknown ceiling that made KP so interesting to some. Ellenson can't play the 5.

Jaylen Brown is a mediocre shooter.. For everytime he looks great on offense, he will look out of sorts as well. Could improve though, does have some length to be a solid defender.

Seems like Kris Dunn at 3, is the BPA. Pretty big as a PG.. Decent length, a lot of defensive skill and potential. But it really creates a clog for us because really nobody can move up in position.

Last edited:
Lakers 10-13 versus teams below .500

1-34 versus above .500

:lol: That takes some talent.

12 of our last 25 are against teams under .500

If Simmons is the guy I think Randle is the sacrificial lamb.... Maybe even Clarkson the next summer

We would need some big time shooters to put on the floor with him.

Noel is really, really, really, really bad at offense

Good thing we really really really really need defense and rebounding which he's excellent at. Plus don't have to deal with the knucklehead potential of a Whiteside and it's at a fraction of the cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom