**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Pisses me off seeing thomas play so well...Jim and mitch gotta go

But then the team would have been a 30-40 win team give or take with no Dlo or Ingram.

It depends on how highly you think of those 2 guys I suppose.

But then the team would have been a 30-40 win team give or take with no Dlo or Ingram.

It depends on how highly you think of those 2 guys I suppose.

I don't know about 30-40 win team. We still wouldn't have had anybody around IT2.

If you were in the know, none of that really should surprise you. I was adamant before the season that Jimmy and Mitch would be gone.

If you were in the know, none of that really should surprise you. I was adamant before the season that Jimmy and Mitch would be gone.

You knew about the 9:01 stuff with Mitch? You knew about the FO friction after that debacle in Cleveland?

Some of that ish was new information

You knew about the 9:01 stuff with Mitch? You knew about the FO friction after that debacle in Cleveland?

Some of that ish was new information

Some of the minutia is new, but the sentiments have been out there for a minute.

Wanna talk about Momo's piece again. I don't get the criticism honestly. Yeah they missed out on Isaiah but so?? Not signing Ariza is a valid criticism? Are you serious?! That was 2009 and we got MWP instead AND WON ANOTHER RING. meanwhile Ariza signed with Houston, played terribly, got traded to the Wizards, rededicated himself and is now playing well for the Rockets again. So what was the issue?

Missed out on Bazemore??? Yeah ok. He's not even playing that well for ATL. Seems like we dodged a bullet if you ask me. As always, free agency is fools gold. I don't get expecting a team with no assets to get better thru agency. Unless you sign a star, what team has gotten better thru signing mid tier free agents? That only works when you pair those mid tier free agents with your own players (that you either drafted or traded for)

Idk I'm just put off by Jeanie acting like woe is me it's everyone's fault but my own. Get the **** outta here. Leaking **** to Ding & Momo to get ur agenda across is so weak.
Yea, I have never been of fan of this. Always felt like Jeanie got a free pass and Jim got all the blame.

But all of that went out the window with the Deng and Moz signings.

Not signing Baze, IT and other guys is somewhat excusable. We were going after big fish and those guys didn't want to wait. But then it comes out that you never showed them any interest until 9:01 on the dot then expect for them to put everything else on hold. That is ridiculous.

Then to miss out on those guys, only to overpay TIMOFEY MOZGOV and LOUL DENG!! 

This piece just showed how out of touch Jim and Mitch are. I still want Mitch to be around, but they're simply not fit to run the franchise.

I don't like Magic and Jeanie leaking things but if this their way of getting Jim up outta here, I'm with it.

Giving one year deals for a couple years
Waiting for Kobe to come off the books
All that financial flexibility

Then give 4 year deals to Moz and Deng at $136 million

Amazing

Last edited:
Giving one year deals for a couple years
Waiting for Kobe to come off the books
All that financial flexibility

Then give 4 year deals to Moz and Deng at $136 million

Amazing

Literally made ZERO sense man. Dudes were in here defending it too. They basically extended Kobe another 4 years.

"On July 1, 2016, after being outmaneuvered in recent years, the Lakers decided to strike quickly by agreeing to terms on a combined $136 million over the next four years with 30-year-old Timofey Mozgov and 31-year-old Luol Deng."

I know it's not funny, but I couldn't help but laugh while reading this.

Gonna be hilarious if Team Tank ******* and moans for Mozzy and Deng back in the starting lineup. :lol:

Has Mitch made any great free agent signing during his tenure?

Serious question, can't think of any. Payton and Malone wanted to come play with prime Shaq and Kobe. Nash was old. MWP was meh.

Has there been any signing of a marquee free agent or all star level free agent?

Has Mitch made any great free agent signing during his tenure?

Serious question, can't think of any. Payton and Malone wanted to come play with prime Shaq and Kobe. Nash was old. MWP was meh.

Has there been any signing of a marquee free agent or all star level free agent?
I would lean towards no, but up until recently he really didn't have to or didn't have the cap space.

Ask yourself how many GOOD free agent signing they're have been in the last 5-10 years.

Lebron & KD? Isaiah (I guess)
Is that all? :lol: :lol: :lol:

I was thinking about Whiteside but he was signed out the d league. I'm really struggling to come up with good feee agent acquisitions here.

95% of good players acquired are thru the draft or trades.

Last edited:
I'm talking since 2000 not recently. You're right, haven't been a lot of top tier FA movement in the last few years. Aldridge was one though

Can we buy them out and it not effect the salary cap
I think if they stretch Moz after next yr, they'll owe him about 33 mil over 5 years.

So it would be around 6.5 mil for 5 years instead of 16.5 mil for 2 years.

For example, Pistons are paying Josh Smith 5.3 mil till 2020.

I can't see a buyout happening. Why would Moz or Deng take less money to go somewhere else? 

So like I was saying. Either u get the God tier free agent or you build thru the draft/trades. Now obviously you need contracts to trade & maybe that's what Mitch/Jim thought they could do with Deng & Mozgov. Maybe they thought the cap would jump and the contracts wouldn't look albatross in 2 years. They were obviously wrong, they shouldn't have offered that 4th year, and probably should've just signed players to inflated 1 year contracts to preserve cap flexibility moving forward.

They finally got cap room and blew it all on ******* Moz & Deng. I get that they screwed that up. But I literally have 0 problems with any of their other moves. I get why people are outraged, but I don't think it's that sensible.

The thing that always made me mad about the Lakers is they didn't do a good job in transitioning from the championship team. They never supplemented the older players with young athletes that could help us transition and lead the team in the post Kobe years. I'm sure it's easier said than done but yeah. There was no post Kobe plan unless they really planned all this stealth tank **** in which case they're geniuses and we're just complaining cuz the rebuild isn't moving quickly enough.

I'm talking since 2000 not recently. You're right, haven't been a lot of top tier FA movement in the last few years. Aldridge was one though

Zero. We did more with Trades than anything else.

We really didn't have to go after a superstar until after Dwight left tbh
No melo, lbj, LMA ...we're not the only team they spurred
Like I said earlier, there was also 1 guy on the team who a lot of ppl weren't excited/were afraid to play with

Back
Top Bottom