**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Yup that's the elephant in the room too. Nobody wanted to play with Kobe. But I don't hate Kobe or the management for that contract. Ultimately, it led to Dlo & BI which is infinitely better than anything we couldn't got in free agency (stop the ********, LBJ or KD was never going to a ****** post Kobe team).

Excited to watch the new lineup again and see if they can sustain any success they showed against the Knicks. Glad the Deng and Mozzy era is over at least for from a viewing standpoint. Even in 2k Deng is ultra-useless.

Kobe was a scapegoat. He's gone and nobody worth two cents still won't come here. The elephant was the incompetence of the FO not knowing what the hell they're doing outside of tree draft.

• The sooner you can match what's in your head

• With what's goin' on in the real world,

• The better you're gonna feel.

I don't get what was so supposedly embarrassing about that Cleveland game where we ran out of players?
Players got hurt, players fouled out, it was a fluke thing

We still played and finished the game and even won the game.

Jeanie acts really dumb sometimes, asking Mitch what she can do to help avoid that from happening :rofl:
I'd be like FOH with that bull ****

Last edited:
Was listening to ESPN 710 on the way home from work. They Had momo on and man...

She pointed out that Jimmy was last of the Buss's to know that Magic was hired.

The meeting that is set up during all star weekend is an evaluation. Nothing will happen after the meeting but Magic is supposed to be evaluating Jim and Mitch's job performance.

Magic will report back to Jeanie. Jeanie will ultimately make the call if Mitch and Jim stay bu5 she will take Magic's input into consideration.

She also talked about how Magic was getting calls and texts from other GM's and agents saying how bad of a job Mitch has been doing with his style of GM'ing.

If all of this is true. Bye Jim. Bye Mitch.

Was listening to ESPN 710 on the way home from work. They Had momo on and man...

She pointed out that Jimmy was last of the Buss's to know that Magic was hired.

The meeting that is set up during all star weekend is an evaluation. Nothing will happen after the meeting but Magic is supposed to be evaluating Jim and Mitch's job performance.

Magic will report back to Jeanie. Jeanie will ultimately make the call if Mitch and Jim stay bu5 she will take Magic's input into consideration.

She also talked about how Magic was getting calls and texts from other GM's and agents saying how bad of a job Mitch has been doing with his style of GM'ing.

If all of this is true. Bye Jim. Bye Mitch.

Music to my ears.

pmatic pmatic Saw that deal you posted with Hornets revoling around sessions.

Sessions just had surgey and is out 4 to 6 weeks.

Last edited:
If we're listening to a word Magic says, we're already ******. That ******* idiot wanted MDA out, but backed Byron ******* Scott? **** that.

I rather keep Mitch and Jim forever then let Magic make ANY sort of call on anything.

Firing BScott made a lot of sense
Not trading Dlo for x made a lot of sense
Drafting BI & Zubac made a lot of sense.

Signing Deng & Moz didn't make sense.

What else doesn't make sense? Lol. Maybe they're looking for a good deal right now. Maybe whatever they're getting offered isn't worth trading Lou. I'm genuinely curious what it is that doesn't make sense. At least we're not the Magic (momo mentioned one of Magic's front office men as a Mitch replacement too) trading away Sabonis & Vic for Ibaka and then signing Biyombo & giving no PT to their best young players Mario & AG. At least we're not the Knicks with garbage *** Phil running the franchise.

I don't get it man. I think this rebuild has been going better than 90% of the league :lol:

Hiring Mike Brown, MDA, and Byron in the first place made no sense.
Not trading Pau for assets made no sense.
Kobe's deal made no sense.
Trying to compete and sign non-marquee free agents after Kobe popped that Achilles made no sense.

The draft itself is the only thing they've gotten right since we've gone from contender status, and even getting there has been by accident.

Firing BScott made a lot of sense
Not trading Dlo for x made a lot of sense
Drafting BI & Zubac made a lot of sense.

Signing Deng & Moz didn't make sense.

What else doesn't make sense? Lol. Maybe they're looking for a good deal right now. Maybe whatever they're getting offered isn't worth trading Lou. I'm genuinely curious what it is that doesn't make sense. At least we're not the Magic (momo mentioned one of Magic's front office men as a Mitch replacement too) trading away Sabonis & Vic for Ibaka and then signing Biyombo & giving no PT to their best young players Mario & AG. At least we're not the Knicks with garbage *** Phil running the franchise.

I don't get it man. I think this rebuild has been going better than 90% of the league :lol:

My issues with Jim and Mitch has been they didn't embrace the rebuild.

They are GREAT at finding talent and getting them in house. Damn near every kid they've ever brought in has showed out. Ariza, Bynum, even Farmar, Sasha, Brown, contributed. DLo, Ingram, Randle, Nance, Clarkson, Zubac, Black, all great young finds.

But they forever refuse to sell off. Pau, Boozer, Nick, now Lou, just flat out move the expiring assets, don't hold them for dear life and then get nothing in return. People mock Ainge, but tell me that dude hasn't built a house of golden picks with how aggressive he was, and Mitch/Jim refused to do that, and Ainge was selling older, beloved Celtics, these guys won't even flip Lou Williams for something, someone that means nothing to this franchise long term. Makes no sense.

Love the way they eval and draft talent, hate the way they play their cards.

Back
Top Bottom