Kevin Samuels Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
These social movements aren't in line with reality.

"Body positivity"

Body positivity is a social movement focused on empowering overweight individuals, while also challenging the ways in which society presents and views the physical body. The movement advocates the acceptance of all bodies regardless of physical ability, size, gender, race, or appearance.

Imagine Men creating "Financial Positivity" out of thin air and trying to shame women into accepting it...

CoarsePoliticalDonkey-size_restricted.gif
I thought the body positivity movement was created to offset the unrealistic examples of physical perfection? Here you had women starving themselves, and then getting endless plastic surgery in order to appear like those on the runways and on film.

Correct?

True, very true.. . I just hate the word money. Before we reach 60hr work life (which I do) you gotta prep your brain for the hustle. Not everybody is cut out to be a work horse.
The other issue is simply because to work hard, does not mean that you are going to get paid. The hard work ethos is noting but a scam. That is because the dude who figures out how to maximize his time, while putting in little effort, will always get the bag.

True, very true.. . I just hate the word money. Before we reach 60hr work life (which I do) you gotta prep your brain for the hustle. Not everybody is cut out to be a work horse.

I hear ya.......but as far as being or not being a work horse is concerned for a man, as the saying goes “don’t rest now rest when your dead”

No these are
🔥
I don't really like em, but I tried buying the light wash pair. However, homie wasn't coming down from the $320, and I wasn't paying 320 for those. Anyway, I remember this fit. It was fire. I couldn't dip into my freaky bag though b/c I was bloated off a milkshake from not taking my lactaid pills.

I thought the body positivity movement was created to offset the unrealistic examples of physical perfection? Here you had women starving themselves, and then getting endless plastic surgery in order to appear like those on the runways and on film.

Correct?
That was my understanding of the movement as well. But much like the BLM movement it seems the body positivity movement has been co-opted by others (like Lizzo) trying to push their narrative.

The other issue is simply because to work hard, does not mean that you are going to get paid. The hard work ethos is noting but a scam. That is because the dude who figures out how to maximize his time, while putting in little effort, will always get the bag.
True....but One of the positives about the work horse life is people talk... if you work hard be cool, outgoing, stay neutral and don’t f with drama, people notice and talk. You will get recognition. Some folks start a job and think they own the joint. Like pay your dues first homie lol

Correct?

Here's what I could find...

"The term "body positive" emerged in 1996 when a psychotherapist and an individual who had been through treatment for an eating disorder founded the website thebodypositive.org. The site offers resources and educational materials designed to help people feel good about their bodies by taking the focus off of losing weight through unhealthy diet and exercise efforts."

Brief History
Body positivity has its roots in the fat acceptance movement of the late 1960s. Fat acceptance focuses on ending the culture of fat-shaming and discrimination against people based upon their size or body weight. The National Association to Advance Fat Acceptance was first established in 1969 and continues to work to change how people talk about weight.

The term "body positive" emerged in 1996 when a psychotherapist and an individual who had been through treatment for an eating disorder founded the website thebodypositive.org. The site offers resources and educational materials designed to help people feel good about their bodies by taking the focus off of losing weight through unhealthy diet and exercise efforts.

The body positivity movement in its current form began to emerge around 2012, initially focusing on challenging unrealistic feminine beauty standards. As the movement grew in popularity, the original focus on acceptance of weight began to shift toward a message that “all bodies are beautiful.”

While body positivity has become increasingly popular, people continue to be confused about exactly what it means. Part of the reason why body positivity is so misunderstood is due to the fact that there are so many different definitions for what the movement means.

Would not be surprised if the sugar / food industry was behind this.

The tobacco industry tried the same "image" thing with the American Flag, Freedom, Marlboro Man, Real men don't believe in Cancer, only wimps need lungs, BS.

Screenshot-2018-09-07-01.31.28-1024x657.png

Eric Lawson, who appeared in Marlboro print ads from 1978 to 1981, died at the age of 72 on January 10, 2014, of respiratory failure due to chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, or COPD.

Last edited:
That was my understanding of the movement as well. But much like the BLM movement it seems the body positivity movement has been co-opted by others (like Lizzo) trying to push their narrative.
If there is money to be made, then people are going to latch on for the ride.

Here's what I could find...

"The term "body positive" emerged in 1996 when a psychotherapist and an individual who had been through treatment for an eating disorder founded the website thebodypositive.org. The site offers resources and educational materials designed to help people feel good about their bodies by taking the focus off of losing weight through unhealthy diet and exercise efforts."

Would not be surprised if the sugar industry was behind this.
Perhaps I am thinking about the ad campaigns that began about several years ago, DOVE ads., Lane Bryant ads, like this,
1619716877056.png
1619716801919.png
I remember seeing them in Midtown all over the place, and the caption was about body positivity. It was a pretty big deal.

Body positivity has its roots in the fat acceptance movement of the late 1960s. Fat acceptance focuses on ending the culture of fat-shaming and discrimination against people based upon their size or body weight. The National Association to Advance Fat Acceptance was first established in 1969 and continues to work to change how people talk about weight.
Hold up, there's an NAACP for fat people? :rofl:
Established in 1969 too? I just know a white person was behind this :lol:

I wholeheartedly ❤ support the✨financial positivity✨ movement. Stop bank shaming!
Financial judgement is rooted in racism and patriarchy. Normalize being broke! All checking accounts are beautiful! :emoji_hugging:
My account being overdrawn doesn't define me as a person

You guys GET IT. Debt is really just someone other people's cash, my brothers

1619719381561.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom