Kevin Samuels Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That "smile" **** annoying. It occasionally happens to me. This lady gave me 10 bucks one time b/c I was minding my business in my car not "smiling".

I remember getting on the train one morning and this SOuthern Jesus Freak White Dude talking about, "People, why is everyone so upset/angry/misterable. Why is nobody smiling for GOd's sake?"

So yea that, "Smile" nonsense is dumb.

TO a man or woman.

i definitely understand why it's annoying.

but I guess because my dad would do I just chalk it up as an old people thing.
and not a misogyny thing.

You don't see how minding your own business and someone out of the blue providing unsolicited advice can be seen as annoying?

You don't see how opening doors and pulling out chairs can be annoying?

I dont ask women to smile but it's funny that offends them then in the same breath you open doors and other chivalrous acts

That whole being a gentleman thing? Done. Modern women find it to be controlling, patronizing. I was raised to be that dude as well, opening doors and such, until my wife and daughters started hippin’ me to a new game. It works extremely well in professional situations as well. You never have to worry about missing social cues ever again, risking a compliance issue. In law firms, you cannot even compliment a woman’s shoes anymore. I kinda dig that. Women must give consent for all approaches, any suggestion, before you are allowed into their spaces. When you think about it, that is how it should have always been.

You don't see how minding your own business and someone out of the blue providing unsolicited advice can be seen as annoying?

Eh...I dunno Fam.

Seems to me the idea is for Black women to not be jerks / have better attitudes in general.

Not here to support the idea of how people should feel or act about or it either way.

I can see both sides of the argument and have enough life experience not to chose a side on this one.

Nobody owes us a smile.

Nobody owes them understanding.

No need to get tribal about it. I've been told that I have RBF on many occasions. I have to be Ok about that when I wonder why nobody thinks I'm "approachable".

I've seen the same black women grill / mean mug me on the elevator turn around and skin and grin for a white dude who got on at the next floor.

I just mind my business - but it is noticeable.

Eh...I dunno Fam.

Seems to me the idea is for Black women to not be jerks / have better attitudes in general.

Not here to support the idea of how people should feel or act about or it either way.

I can see both sides of the argument and have enough life experience not to chose a side on this one.

Nobody owes us a smile.

No need to get tribal about it. I've been told that I have RBF on many occasions. I have to be Ok about that when I wonder why nobody thinks I'm "approachable".

I've seen the same black women grill / mean mug me on the elevator turn around and skin and grin for a white dude who got on at the next floor.

I’m sorry my man, but have you ever met Karen?!

You don't see how opening doors and pulling out chairs can be annoying?

I dont ask women to smile but it's funny that offends them then in the same breath you open doors and other chivalrous acts

Not trying to argue but I think I am missing the connection between the two .

I’m sorry my man, but have you ever met Karen?!

Nah I get it. Trust me. I'm not about to defend Karen.

People are just people that's why I aint choosing a side.

My point was we cant separate actions from outcomes.

Karen is getting that work because its a package deal....action / reaction.

I purposefully relax my facial muscles when I catch myself frowning for no reason and I can see the effect it has on others around me...but that's just me.

The overwhelming majority of communication is non verbal.

You'd be surprised how much people notice.

Eh...I dunno Fam.

Nobody owes us a smile.

Man, people are walking and in their own headspaces.

To demand and/or suggest someone's default facial expression SHOULD be more favorable is wild as hell man.

The DEFAULT/RESTING face of a person has nothing to do with their attitude.

The problem was that MEN set the rules on what a gentleman/man was supposed to be toward a woman. Women had no say so in the matter. So now what women are doing, is resetting the rules, telling men what they want from men. Of course, some women are indeed being vengeful, making dudes jump through hoops, and I find that funny. That’s because I do the same thing to white people. I wanna see how high they are gonna jump, when I tell them to. It’s refreshing when they smarten up, then understanding my rage, even though I do not care if they do get it. This is how women, especially Black women, are getting down. Dudes gotta smarten up.

Man, people are walking and in their own headspaces.

To demand and/or suggest someone's default facial expression SHOULD be more favorable is wild as hell man.

The DEFAULT/RESTING face of a person has nothing to do with their attitude.

The point isn't whether or not someone should or shouldn't do this or that.

That's why I'm not choosing a side - I myself have RBF but I chose to work on it...for myself, because I cant complain if someone thinks I have an attitude if my facial expression says I have an attitude.

The point is whether or not said person should be able to determine the outcome from their decisions. I know I cant.

If a woman is Ok taking everything that comes along with RBF / mean mugging everyone they see then they very well shouldn't be allowed to complain about being single / nobody approaching them.

You want to be left alone then you cant complain about being alone.

That whole being a gentleman thing? Done. Modern women find it to be controlling, patronizing. I was raised to be that dude as well, opening doors and such, until my wife and daughters started hippin’ me to a new game. It works extremely well in professional situations as well. You never have to worry about missing social cues ever again, risking a compliance issue. In law firms, you cannot even compliment a woman’s shoes anymore. I kinda dig that. Women must give consent for all approaches, any suggestion, before you are allowed into their spaces. When you think about it, that is how it should have always been.
Complimenting a woman on her shoes or dress was never the move

Complimenting a woman on her shoes or dress was never the move

Says who????

The women I've complemented had ZERO problem with it. Like NONE!

I've even asked if they were averse to complements from strangers and all I've heard was "No, not at all & Thank You!"

Then again I aint a douchebag. I literally thought they were killing it.

I've also received complements from women both older and younger about my hair, clothes, shoes etc.

I just don't get it.

What do ya'll know that these women didn't?

Not trying to argue but I think I am missing the connection between the two .

You posted the video saying this is the energy women want from men and I'm just correlating it to the last KS vid I watched on smiling where he and the caller are having an argument on smiling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom