January Wrestling Thread/Tonight NXT 8PM EST/RIP Mean Gene Okerlaud

SD:

- Still not totally into Becky's schtick, but the Becky/Cena stuff was a hoot.

- Fatal 5 way match was fantastic. Wish somebody else would've won but Styles & Bryan IV should be still be really good.

Also finally watched the rest of NXT and caught up with NXT UK..

- No commentary during the Gunner match was weird as hell. :rofl: at the crowd only reacting when he hit his finisher because the match was finally over. Still not feeling the MAGA Sons.

- Tag title match was cool.

- Toni looking thick af during that opening promo.

- Jordan Devlin is literally non-zesty Finn Balor. They're even from the same place and got the same voice :lol:

- Isla Dawn so f'n cute, that I almost didn't notice the fact that she's a very bad promo. Allstar's ex got a long ways to go

- I still can't take Eddie Dennis seriously. Tall *** barista.

- They HAAAAAAATE Zack Gibson holy hell man :rofl: :rofl:

- Marcel Barthel, I'm a fan. Kinda gives me Regal vibes(the way he carries himself.) They're low key starting to form Ring Kampf in NXT already with him and Aichner...and WALTER will be there soon :nerd: @PLVN

Last edited:
What's NTWT's opinion of AEW? Does it have a chance in this WWE-centric landscape?

Waaaaay to soon to tell. They done 1 big show. They are still have to reach ROH and NJPW level. They are making some bold moves. But all depends TV deal, writers, producers, talent. A lot of factors just to start the promotion. My question is who is going to have the final call with production and story? The Elite? if so they are doomed before it starts.

3D574CA2-7A6D-4F7E-A5BD-7384AE345BC6.jpeg

Bae wanted me to take a pic after our morning smash sesh

I believe it starts at midnight tomorrow so yeah technically Friday.
What matches are you looking forward to? Heavyweight tag match (even though the bucks just got added for no reason), ibushi/ospreay should be nuts, Okada/White - like white a lot. Wondering who the mole on CHAOS is, main event should be really good.

What matches are you looking forward to? Heavyweight tag match (even though the bucks just got added for no reason), ibushi/ospreay should be nuts, Okada/White - like white a lot. Wondering who the mole on CHAOS is, main event should be really good.

The only two matches I don’t care for are the Jr Tag title three way and Cody-Juice.

Pretty pumped for everything else.

We in this 8)

If I don’t pass out during the Cody match, I should be able to make it through the whole show :lol:

I got work at 7 am but I’m pulling an all nighter :lol:

I really gotta try and remember to take off next year so I can watch it and it go straight to work.

It’s just so much more enjoyable watching it live

Back
Top Bottom