How Serious Is The Crime In Chicago

Originally Posted by AZwildcats

Damn Chicago sounds wild. A year ago I went to Mexico to do some research with some classmates and we had to stop in Ciudad Juarez. Now that is a scary place. We literally heard gunshots every 1/2 hour
Mexico probably has Chicago beat.

And I don't know how yall dudes do it up there in Chicago, but I guess it's survival of the fittest.

Originally Posted by AZwildcats

Damn Chicago sounds wild. A year ago I went to Mexico to do some research with some classmates and we had to stop in Ciudad Juarez. Now that is a scary place. We literally heard gunshots every 1/2 hour
Mexico probably has Chicago beat.

And I don't know how yall dudes do it up there in Chicago, but I guess it's survival of the fittest.

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news/local&id=7364101
If you guys feel like reading.....

April 2, 2010 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Violence has erupted in Chicago, and police say they are mobilizing to try to contain it. More than 40 people have been shot in just over two days. Four of those people died.

The shootings began late Thursday night and stretched into Friday evening.

"Between March 31st and 2 a.m. this morning -- in 50 hours-- 41 people have been shot in 31 incidents, including four homicides," Chicago police Supt. Jody Weis said during a news conference Friday.

Thursday night saw a rash of at least seven shootings within two hours. The most brazen violence occurred as police, some of them heavily armed, responded to an earlier shooting nearby.

"If someone is going to fire weapons in the vicinity of three dozen officers armed, in uniform, the question I have to ask is, 'What will they do when we're not here?'" Weis said .

Weis said that shooting and two earlier events all appear to be related.

"We have very promising leads on the individuals who were engaged in last night's activities," Weis said.

As Weis addressed the media at the corner of 66th Stand Marshfield Friday -- specifically talking about how police are going to respond to the recent uptick in violence-- someone started yelling that another shooting had just taken place.

Just four blocks from where members of the media were assembled , a man in his 20s was shot in the head inside his vehicle.

"We've got the kids right here riding their bikes around, and for somebody to come down and shoot someone, this is no safe environment for kids to be around," one area resident told ABC7 Chicago.

The series of shootings began Thursday night at approximately 10:54 p.m., and within an hour, at least two more shootings occurred within blocks of each other. A 30-year-old man died on South Paulina, and a 27-year-old was shot and killed in the Bronzeville neighborhood. Those incidents were followed by a shootout in the Englewood neighborhood and another at 112th Street.

Some of the chaos overnight was caught on camera by videojournalist Ken Herzlich. Police had responded to the shooting of four people near 66th St. and Marshfield Ave., apparently an extension of gang violence. Herzlich recorded police scrambling for cover as gunshots rang out nearby.

"I was amazed," said Herzlich. "I couldn't believe that somebody would have the audacity to do that given the presence of the amount of police officers that were there at the time."

The shots were fired into a crowd. A woman suffered a graze wound to the head, and a man was hit in the lower back. Neither was seriously injured.

"I continually ask the community, if you know anything, please, I beg of you, call us and let us know," Weis said.

Weis said the two shootings on Marshfield were connected to a gang-related shooting nearby. Six people are being questioned, but no one had been charged Friday night.

A gulf of mistrust remains between many Englewood residents and police, but no one has an explanation for the rash of shootings. Residents say, unfortunately, similar incidents --while tragic-- are neither shocking, nor surprising, not in Englewood.

"It's something you come to expect around here. So, on a hot day, don't get too far from your house so when the shots start, you can run. Really. Always, around here, somebody is going to want revenge," a neighbor said.

At the Friday news conference, Weis outlined a number of strategies to combat the violence, including an immediate increase of uniformed officers on the streets in ' hot spots' as part of a saturation policy.

Weis also said police are going to target illegal parties with renewed force because many of them result in violence.

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news/local&id=7364101
If you guys feel like reading.....

April 2, 2010 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Violence has erupted in Chicago, and police say they are mobilizing to try to contain it. More than 40 people have been shot in just over two days. Four of those people died.

The shootings began late Thursday night and stretched into Friday evening.

"Between March 31st and 2 a.m. this morning -- in 50 hours-- 41 people have been shot in 31 incidents, including four homicides," Chicago police Supt. Jody Weis said during a news conference Friday.

Thursday night saw a rash of at least seven shootings within two hours. The most brazen violence occurred as police, some of them heavily armed, responded to an earlier shooting nearby.

"If someone is going to fire weapons in the vicinity of three dozen officers armed, in uniform, the question I have to ask is, 'What will they do when we're not here?'" Weis said .

Weis said that shooting and two earlier events all appear to be related.

"We have very promising leads on the individuals who were engaged in last night's activities," Weis said.

As Weis addressed the media at the corner of 66th Stand Marshfield Friday -- specifically talking about how police are going to respond to the recent uptick in violence-- someone started yelling that another shooting had just taken place.

Just four blocks from where members of the media were assembled , a man in his 20s was shot in the head inside his vehicle.

"We've got the kids right here riding their bikes around, and for somebody to come down and shoot someone, this is no safe environment for kids to be around," one area resident told ABC7 Chicago.

The series of shootings began Thursday night at approximately 10:54 p.m., and within an hour, at least two more shootings occurred within blocks of each other. A 30-year-old man died on South Paulina, and a 27-year-old was shot and killed in the Bronzeville neighborhood. Those incidents were followed by a shootout in the Englewood neighborhood and another at 112th Street.

Some of the chaos overnight was caught on camera by videojournalist Ken Herzlich. Police had responded to the shooting of four people near 66th St. and Marshfield Ave., apparently an extension of gang violence. Herzlich recorded police scrambling for cover as gunshots rang out nearby.

"I was amazed," said Herzlich. "I couldn't believe that somebody would have the audacity to do that given the presence of the amount of police officers that were there at the time."

The shots were fired into a crowd. A woman suffered a graze wound to the head, and a man was hit in the lower back. Neither was seriously injured.

"I continually ask the community, if you know anything, please, I beg of you, call us and let us know," Weis said.

Weis said the two shootings on Marshfield were connected to a gang-related shooting nearby. Six people are being questioned, but no one had been charged Friday night.

A gulf of mistrust remains between many Englewood residents and police, but no one has an explanation for the rash of shootings. Residents say, unfortunately, similar incidents --while tragic-- are neither shocking, nor surprising, not in Englewood.

"It's something you come to expect around here. So, on a hot day, don't get too far from your house so when the shots start, you can run. Really. Always, around here, somebody is going to want revenge," a neighbor said.

At the Friday news conference, Weis outlined a number of strategies to combat the violence, including an immediate increase of uniformed officers on the streets in ' hot spots' as part of a saturation policy.

Weis also said police are going to target illegal parties with renewed force because many of them result in violence.

Originally Posted by sircharles2ol3

Cabrini Green has always horrified me lol... and i'm from The Bronx
When I first moved here there was a sign in front of the building at Division and Halsted that said "No Whites After Dark"

Its mainly the south and the west sides that are where all these stories come out of.  The only bad incident this year on the north side was the one in Bucktown with the two girls but they caught the dude, who was an idiot by the way.

I have lived in the same neighborhood for 5 years and there have been only two real incidents here.  There was some creeper rapist on the loose a few years back and then some dude had it out with a cabbie and pulled him out of the cab then drove over him a couple times and killed him.  Beyond that my neighborhood is nothing.

Originally Posted by sircharles2ol3

Cabrini Green has always horrified me lol... and i'm from The Bronx
When I first moved here there was a sign in front of the building at Division and Halsted that said "No Whites After Dark"

Its mainly the south and the west sides that are where all these stories come out of.  The only bad incident this year on the north side was the one in Bucktown with the two girls but they caught the dude, who was an idiot by the way.

I have lived in the same neighborhood for 5 years and there have been only two real incidents here.  There was some creeper rapist on the loose a few years back and then some dude had it out with a cabbie and pulled him out of the cab then drove over him a couple times and killed him.  Beyond that my neighborhood is nothing.

Chicago and Detroit are cities I don't want to be in
smh.gif

Originally Posted by jimmybeanz

Originally Posted by Royal Airness 29

Originally Posted by Cameron Nelson

Depends on where you live and who you associate with.

If you are not "bout that life," than there are no worries.

Also you dont want to start stuff with people you don't know, cause you never know who that somebody is. Just keep it moving.
You must not live there, or even visited before...
You couldn't be more wrong. I've lived in Chicago all my life.

Im pretty sure I know what Im talking about.
so the 2 year old that was shot and killed back in april was bout that life?
http://www.chicagobreakin...south-side-shooting.html

why do politicians want to bring in the national guard to patrol the streets?
http://abcnews.go.com/US/...-crime/story?id=10478710

what about the police officer killed outside his home because some dudes tried to steal his motorcycle?
http://www.cnn.com/2010/C....police.fatal/index.html

253 homicides as of 7/29/10
http://spreadsheets.googl...Repn5-2w&output=html

what about the 2 women that were beaten unconscious after leaving a bucktown bar?
http://www.myfoxchicago.c...t-and-robbed-in-bucktown

chicago is a tough city regardless of whether you're in a gang or not. 

take your a-- to sleep

Dude telling me go to sleep. Are you even from Chicago?

On the other note, people who get killed accidently like kids, people walking by, or what have you, that obviously has everything to do with being at the wrong place at the wrong time. That has nothing to do with whether those little kids, moms, dads or whatever were involved in some sort of gang. So you need to chill with your hurting $$@ stats that you decided to google for bout 15 min to make yourself look like you know things. 

I wont deny that Chicago has a high murder rate, but MOST of those are from gang violence and something along that nature.

Nobody just %%%%**+ walks outside, sees a mom with kids and shoots them. Yall make it seem as if nobody is safe out here.

Like I said, if you are not affiliated with gangs or hang with thugs, you have nothing to worry about.

This dude Jimmy talking like he knows. Come on man, from the sound of things, you prob. aint from Chicago.

I been walked up to bunch of times by thugs asking if i bang, if you say no, dudes just keep it moving.

Now......take you're $$@ to sleep.

Originally Posted by jimmybeanz

Originally Posted by Cameron Nelson

Depends on where you live and who you associate with.

If you are not "bout that life," than there are no worries.

Also you dont want to start stuff with people you don't know, cause you never know who that somebody is. Just keep it moving.
You must not live there, or even visited before...
You couldn't be more wrong. I've lived in Chicago all my life.

Im pretty sure I know what Im talking about.
so the 2 year old that was shot and killed back in april was bout that life?
http://www.chicagobreakin...south-side-shooting.html

why do politicians want to bring in the national guard to patrol the streets?
http://abcnews.go.com/US/...-crime/story?id=10478710

what about the police officer killed outside his home because some dudes tried to steal his motorcycle?
http://www.cnn.com/2010/C....police.fatal/index.html

253 homicides as of 7/29/10
http://spreadsheets.googl...Repn5-2w&output=html

what about the 2 women that were beaten unconscious after leaving a bucktown bar?
http://www.myfoxchicago.c...t-and-robbed-in-bucktown

chicago is a tough city regardless of whether you're in a gang or not. 

take your a-- to sleep

Dude telling me go to sleep. Are you even from Chicago?

On the other note, people who get killed accidently like kids, people walking by, or what have you, that obviously has everything to do with being at the wrong place at the wrong time. That has nothing to do with whether those little kids, moms, dads or whatever were involved in some sort of gang. So you need to chill with your hurting $$@ stats that you decided to google for bout 15 min to make yourself look like you know things. 

I wont deny that Chicago has a high murder rate, but MOST of those are from gang violence and something along that nature.

Nobody just %%%%**+ walks outside, sees a mom with kids and shoots them. Yall make it seem as if nobody is safe out here.

Like I said, if you are not affiliated with gangs or hang with thugs, you have nothing to worry about.

This dude Jimmy talking like he knows. Come on man, from the sound of things, you prob. aint from Chicago.

I been walked up to bunch of times by thugs asking if i bang, if you say no, dudes just keep it moving.

Now......take you're $$@ to sleep.

Originally Posted by JordanHead21

Originally Posted by Though

son...i would body all of southside chicago, liek lets be serious,,,im a New Yorker

Shut up.  Go cry about your life in your thread 

This dude is extra lame. Go take some more pictures of yourself with your Razr. Then you calling out a dude for being a nurse, the F you do with your life? Oh that's right, you b**ch about in your own thread. Get up off my website son, you're ruining it for the rest of us...though.

Originally Posted by JordanHead21

Originally Posted by Though

son...i would body all of southside chicago, liek lets be serious,,,im a New Yorker

Shut up.  Go cry about your life in your thread 

This dude is extra lame. Go take some more pictures of yourself with your Razr. Then you calling out a dude for being a nurse, the F you do with your life? Oh that's right, you b**ch about in your own thread. Get up off my website son, you're ruining it for the rest of us...though.

If you don't venture to the South and West sides, and I don't really know why someone would except if family is there, you will be fine. Yea, I know that sounds bad but it is what it is
smh.gif

North side of Chicago including the North Shore is one of the best areas in the country to me and also a great place to raise kids.

Back
Top Bottom