How Serious Is The Crime In Chicago

If you don't venture to the South and West sides, and I don't really know why someone would except if family is there, you will be fine. Yea, I know that sounds bad but it is what it is
smh.gif

North side of Chicago including the North Shore is one of the best areas in the country to me and also a great place to raise kids.

I was just in Chicago with my cousins last month... i thought it was nice 
ohwell.gif
   Walked around the city in the evening too.  Shedd Aquarium, Navy Pier, Soldier Field, and that park with the giant chrome jellybean, etc..

ohwell.gif
   Walked around the city in the evening too.  Shedd Aquarium, Navy Pier, Soldier Field, and that park with the giant chrome jellybean, etc..

Im in Chicago, grew up in a bad neighborhood (gunshot=doorbell type). Honestly imo its not any worse than any other major city. ALL major cities have bad neighborhoods with circumstances similar or even worse...thats what happens when you segregate a single demographic to an area and limit their options.

The reason Chicago seems to always be in the news however, is that the entire city was under the Olympic spotlight, notice that before the bid started you never heard anything nationally. But once you put yourself on that national stage everything comes out.

If you

Im in Chicago, grew up in a bad neighborhood (gunshot=doorbell type). Honestly imo its not any worse than any other major city. ALL major cities have bad neighborhoods with circumstances similar or even worse...thats what happens when you segregate a single demographic to an area and limit their options.

The reason Chicago seems to always be in the news however, is that the entire city was under the Olympic spotlight, notice that before the bid started you never heard anything nationally. But once you put yourself on that national stage everything comes out.

If you

Originally Posted by dako akong otin

ohwell.gif
Yeah, that area is super nice! Unfortunately that's a false representation of most of Chicago. Where you were is right in the heart of downtown, the main tourist attraction area.
To actually live in that area costs a fortune so most people that live there are very well off. Therefore crime is SUPER low; almost nonexistent. 

Like some of the previous posters from Chicago have said, take a trip to the west side, or the south side... Then tell us how nice it is. 

I was born and raised on the south side of Chicago. I came up with nothing but gangs/crime all around me... I grew up not being able to get certain clothes/shoes because of their colors, taking my hat off or straightening it according to what block I'm on, running from shots and all that...I've seen robberies, shootings, beatings, etc. so much that I'm almost

completely desensitized. Everyday on the local news it's nothing but death and what's extra messed up is, most of it is done by teens/young people. It seems as if young adults have

absolutely no value for life, no worries of going to prison, and actually take pride in it. 

Just the other weekend 9 people got shot on 79th and western in broad daylight. More recently a kid got shot 22 times in front of his house, 22 times... by ONE gunman over nothing. 

Hell, I've had my house broken into 5 times in the last year, my garage 2 times,  3 cars vandalized, 2 bullets fly through my window (living room/bedroom) and I've witnessed 3 robberies on my block.

Luckily, I've never gotten caught up in any crime/gangs and have never done any drugs or anything... All through high school and college I've never even been in a fistfight but I'll tell you first hand that living a straight edge life (and not being a complete loner) is hard work.  

I could go on forever, but what I'm trying to get across is that the crime here is VERY SERIOUS and it seriously needs to stop. There's nothing cool about it. 

I love Chicago. The nice areas are super nice and unlike any other city but the bad areas are BAD and getting worse 
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by dako akong otin

ohwell.gif
Yeah, that area is super nice! Unfortunately that's a false representation of most of Chicago. Where you were is right in the heart of downtown, the main tourist attraction area.
To actually live in that area costs a fortune so most people that live there are very well off. Therefore crime is SUPER low; almost nonexistent. 

Like some of the previous posters from Chicago have said, take a trip to the west side, or the south side... Then tell us how nice it is. 

I was born and raised on the south side of Chicago. I came up with nothing but gangs/crime all around me... I grew up not being able to get certain clothes/shoes because of their colors, taking my hat off or straightening it according to what block I'm on, running from shots and all that...I've seen robberies, shootings, beatings, etc. so much that I'm almost

completely desensitized. Everyday on the local news it's nothing but death and what's extra messed up is, most of it is done by teens/young people. It seems as if young adults have

absolutely no value for life, no worries of going to prison, and actually take pride in it. 

Just the other weekend 9 people got shot on 79th and western in broad daylight. More recently a kid got shot 22 times in front of his house, 22 times... by ONE gunman over nothing. 

Hell, I've had my house broken into 5 times in the last year, my garage 2 times,  3 cars vandalized, 2 bullets fly through my window (living room/bedroom) and I've witnessed 3 robberies on my block.

Luckily, I've never gotten caught up in any crime/gangs and have never done any drugs or anything... All through high school and college I've never even been in a fistfight but I'll tell you first hand that living a straight edge life (and not being a complete loner) is hard work.  

I could go on forever, but what I'm trying to get across is that the crime here is VERY SERIOUS and it seriously needs to stop. There's nothing cool about it. 

I love Chicago. The nice areas are super nice and unlike any other city but the bad areas are BAD and getting worse 
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by Rell

Originally Posted by Kicks R Me

I
PS - Can anyone recommend me the best deep dish pizza joint?

Giordano's....PERIOD
Giordano's is good. I'd also suggest Gino's East. The one right off michigan, There's another one over on ontario and wells and the vibe just ain't the same there

Originally Posted by Rell

Originally Posted by Kicks R Me

I
PS - Can anyone recommend me the best deep dish pizza joint?

Giordano's....PERIOD
Giordano's is good. I'd also suggest Gino's East. The one right off michigan, There's another one over on ontario and wells and the vibe just ain't the same there

you know it's crazy out there when you make D.C. look like disneyland.....and we've had our share of "violent shootings" down here throughout the years.

I've been hearing gunshots down here my whole life, read stories on stray bullets going through houses killing babies and little children, 14 young dudes jumping on one boy all because of his sneaks, mother's getting shot by their daughters crazy boyfriend,etc.

so when hearing about all of these shootings in the chi make me raise my eyebrows, you know it's hectic up there.

you know it's crazy out there when you make D.C. look like disneyland.....and we've had our share of "violent shootings" down here throughout the years.

I've been hearing gunshots down here my whole life, read stories on stray bullets going through houses killing babies and little children, 14 young dudes jumping on one boy all because of his sneaks, mother's getting shot by their daughters crazy boyfriend,etc.

so when hearing about all of these shootings in the chi make me raise my eyebrows, you know it's hectic up there.

Originally Posted by CasperJr

its like 20 different gangs here(if not more) and most of them dont have the leadership that they once had which lead to the younger members wilding out to A. make a name for them self or B. to take up for there gang. add in the lil stuff that can start %@%# (the hats thing, bumping into somebody,stepping on somebody shoes, walking thru a circle and females) and on top of that people just dont fight no more instead of one on one its five on one which leads to the one going to A. get some of his guys and coming back or B. going to get a gun.
20? Yeah that is a lot. Makes LA seem serious as it really is then becuase there are hundreds here and shootings in broad daylight is 2nd nature here too. Lol but i'm sure the folks who have either never been to LA or just visit the Hollywood/Tourist areas prob won't feel me.

its like 20 different gangs here(if not more) and most of them dont have the leadership that they once had which lead to the younger members wilding out to A. make a name for them self or B. to take up for there gang. add in the lil stuff that can start %@%# (the hats thing, bumping into somebody,stepping on somebody shoes, walking thru a circle and females) and on top of that people just dont fight no more instead of one on one its five on one which leads to the one going to A. get some of his guys and coming back or B. going to get a gun.
20? Yeah that is a lot. Makes LA seem serious as it really is then becuase there are hundreds here and shootings in broad daylight is 2nd nature here too. Lol but i'm sure the folks who have either never been to LA or just visit the Hollywood/Tourist areas prob won't feel me.

Originally Posted by crobers 78

You already know how it is here...I came up in Leimert Park (40s) and moved next to Slauson Ave (60s) so you can't tell me it isn't real out here

You already know how it is here...I came up in Leimert Park (40s) and moved next to Slauson Ave (60s) so you can't tell me it isn't real out here

Originally Posted by Nash

Trust! Born n raised in J's 18yrs. I know n obviously you know too just like Wacka Flacka n Denzel know they would have not came up in the J's ever back in the 80's n 90's when it was not open to the public. Speaking of Chi Town...our hood was based off of OG's from there so I know it goes down in the Chi too

Originally Posted by Nash

Trust! Born n raised in J's 18yrs. I know n obviously you know too just like Wacka Flacka n Denzel know they would have not came up in the J's ever back in the 80's n 90's when it was not open to the public. Speaking of Chi Town...our hood was based off of OG's from there so I know it goes down in the Chi too

Back
Top Bottom