How Serious Is The Crime In Chicago

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by Royal Airness 29

Originally Posted by Cameron Nelson

Depends on where you live and who you associate with.

If you are not "bout that life," than there are no worries.

Also you dont want to start stuff with people you don't know, cause you never know who that somebody is. Just keep it moving.
You must not live there, or even visited before...
You couldn't be more wrong. I've lived in Chicago all my life.

Im pretty sure I know what Im talking about.
Well seeing the article speaks on innocent folks getting their wigs pilt, I would have to think Cameroon is correct. Just say nothing happened to you just yet.

I have heard of other stories in which little girls have been caught in the line of fire. So yea, innocent folks don't seem like they are safe in those streets either.

I am not about that life, I am cool here in DC. But the way folks speak of Chicago is everyone has a chance of getting their wig pilt.
tired.gif
!@#*'s real man...

True story, just a week ago: I'm on another message board with a LOT of folks from Chicago....a dude who's an OG from the city commented on a few things about the Chi, and a young dude who lives there didn't take too kindly to him talkin crazy....got to gettin real disrespectful w/the OG online, and the OG was flyin back to the city that same night...he told the younger dude to "say that !@#* to my face". He (the OG) PM'ed the young dude his number cause they was gonna have it out when his flight touched down....the younger dude called him w/his brother on the phone, and it turned out his older brother and the OG was from the same set back in the day, so the !@#* got squashed and the younger dude apologized for bein disrespectful.

IMO, things went from bad to worse when Cabrini Green, Robert Taylor homes and Ida B.Wells homes were all torn down due to gentrification...all that area was prime real estate. Those 3 housing projects alone had almost 300,000 people, so NOW instead of having all the violence in one area, you've now spread it out across the city more than it already was. The only places that haven't been "infected" yet are places like Hoffman Estates where the houses start at $600,000+, but it goes down all around the city and surrounding areas.

Also you dont want to start stuff with people you don't know, cause you never know who that somebody is. Just keep it moving.

Well seeing the article speaks on innocent folks getting their wigs pilt, I would have to think Cameroon is correct. Just say nothing happened to you just yet.

I have heard of other stories in which little girls have been caught in the line of fire. So yea, innocent folks don't seem like they are safe in those streets either.

I am not about that life, I am cool here in DC. But the way folks speak of Chicago is everyone has a chance of getting their wig pilt.
tired.gif
!@#*'s real man...

True story, just a week ago: I'm on another message board with a LOT of folks from Chicago....a dude who's an OG from the city commented on a few things about the Chi, and a young dude who lives there didn't take too kindly to him talkin crazy....got to gettin real disrespectful w/the OG online, and the OG was flyin back to the city that same night...he told the younger dude to "say that !@#* to my face". He (the OG) PM'ed the young dude his number cause they was gonna have it out when his flight touched down....the younger dude called him w/his brother on the phone, and it turned out his older brother and the OG was from the same set back in the day, so the !@#* got squashed and the younger dude apologized for bein disrespectful.

IMO, things went from bad to worse when Cabrini Green, Robert Taylor homes and Ida B.Wells homes were all torn down due to gentrification...all that area was prime real estate. Those 3 housing projects alone had almost 300,000 people, so NOW instead of having all the violence in one area, you've now spread it out across the city more than it already was. The only places that haven't been "infected" yet are places like Hoffman Estates where the houses start at $600,000+, but it goes down all around the city and surrounding areas.

so the 2 year old that was shot and killed back in april was bout that life?
http://www.chicagobreakin...south-side-shooting.html

why do politicians want to bring in the national guard to patrol the streets?
http://abcnews.go.com/US/...-crime/story?id=10478710

what about the police officer killed outside his home because some dudes tried to steal his motorcycle?
http://www.cnn.com/2010/C....police.fatal/index.html

253 homicides as of 7/29/10
http://spreadsheets.googl...Repn5-2w&output=html

what about the 2 women that were beaten unconscious after leaving a bucktown bar?
http://www.myfoxchicago.c...t-and-robbed-in-bucktown

chicago is a tough city regardless of whether you're in a gang or not. 

take your a-- to sleep

tired.gif
!@#*'s real man...

pimp.gif

Spoiler [+]
laugh.gif
Couldn't resist

so the 2 year old that was shot and killed back in april was bout that life?
http://www.chicagobreakin...south-side-shooting.html

why do politicians want to bring in the national guard to patrol the streets?
http://abcnews.go.com/US/...-crime/story?id=10478710

what about the police officer killed outside his home because some dudes tried to steal his motorcycle?
http://www.cnn.com/2010/C....police.fatal/index.html

253 homicides as of 7/29/10
http://spreadsheets.googl...Repn5-2w&output=html

what about the 2 women that were beaten unconscious after leaving a bucktown bar?
http://www.myfoxchicago.c...t-and-robbed-in-bucktown

chicago is a tough city regardless of whether you're in a gang or not. 

take your a-- to sleep

tired.gif
!@#*'s real man...

pimp.gif

Spoiler [+]
laugh.gif
Couldn't resist

Giuliani should run for Mayor in Chi and straighten yall out.

How yall still be having the highest or one of the highest murders and murder rates this past decade just doesn't make sense.

Giuliani should run for Mayor in Chi and straighten yall out.

How yall still be having the highest or one of the highest murders and murder rates this past decade just doesn't make sense.

My girl lives on the southside of chicago and so do a majority of my friends. I live a little north of the city, and Ill tell u man that place is no joke. I usually do My best to stay away from that place. like to be honest people in chicago be on straigh bull and they seriously just dont give a $@!!. even if u aint in a gang u can still get caught up in some mess. they have no problem shootin out there. a thirteen year old boy just got shot like 22 times last week and the week before that like 8 people got shot up at a bus stop. its wild there....

My girl lives on the southside of chicago and so do a majority of my friends. I live a little north of the city, and Ill tell u man that place is no joke. I usually do My best to stay away from that place. like to be honest people in chicago be on straigh bull and they seriously just dont give a $@!!. even if u aint in a gang u can still get caught up in some mess. they have no problem shootin out there. a thirteen year old boy just got shot like 22 times last week and the week before that like 8 people got shot up at a bus stop. its wild there....

It's pretty hectic man, depending on where you live... The Northside compared to the South and West sides are like two different cities, different worlds.  The crime and violence in communities like Englewood, Roseland, and Austin are off the charts... seriously.

You can definitely get caught up in bull %$%+ if you're a young man of color on the South and West sides even if you have little involvement with the streets... To make matters worse, it can be hard to avoid involvement with the streets and street organizations in a lot of communities because they're often the oldest and strongest institutions in the communities and drugs have been the largest employer of young men of color in these communities for over 20 years.

It's pretty hectic man, depending on where you live... The Northside compared to the South and West sides are like two different cities, different worlds.  The crime and violence in communities like Englewood, Roseland, and Austin are off the charts... seriously.

You can definitely get caught up in bull %$%+ if you're a young man of color on the South and West sides even if you have little involvement with the streets... To make matters worse, it can be hard to avoid involvement with the streets and street organizations in a lot of communities because they're often the oldest and strongest institutions in the communities and drugs have been the largest employer of young men of color in these communities for over 20 years.

Great city, I'm definitely considering moving there in the next couple years. I'm not going to be staying in the hood or anything, so I feel comfortable.

If I get popped, I get popped.

Great city, I'm definitely considering moving there in the next couple years. I'm not going to be staying in the hood or anything, so I feel comfortable.

If I get popped, I get popped.

is it just in the city of chicago? how about the surrounding cities? i heard stories but i always thought chicago was a "nice" city

is it just in the city of chicago? how about the surrounding cities? i heard stories but i always thought chicago was a "nice" city

the surrounding cities like Harvey and Calumet really aint much different than the chi. same bull basically. Harvey is horrible. u really gotta travel far to get away from it. 

Back
Top Bottom